Halloween Cruises

10cruise

Has anyone been on the Regal Princess or other Princess ships during Halloween?  We will be on the Regal this Halloween and just wondering if Princess decorates or does anything special?  Do many guests actually dress up in costumes?  Does anyone decorate their cabin door?

Yes to all 3. Crew decorate the ship & dress in costumes. Many passengers dress in costumes. Some go all out. Many decorate their doors. We travel with carryon only so no room for costumes but we enjoy the fun. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 10cruise said:

Has anyone been on the Regal Princess or other Princess ships during Halloween?  We will be on the Regal this Halloween and just wondering if Princess decorates or does anything special?  Do many guests actually dress up in costumes?  Does anyone decorate their cabin door?

They do somewhat decorate the ship, mostly the Piazza and around the buffet. It quickly comes down by the next day.

Some guests dress up, but most don’t.  It’s fun to see the crew dress up in their outfits.  

Depends on the area of the world you’re in.  More so on Caribbean or Mexican cruises, that I have seen.  

We didn’t dress up in costume, absolutely no room in our

suitcases. We are on a cruise every Halloween, just about.

We w done a lot of Halloween cruises on Princess, and contrary to above, we've found more people dress up, whether elaborate or just a Tshirt or something super simple - than don't. 

A whole lot of the staff does also, again - in our experience - more does than does not. 

Bars, atrium, etc are all decorated. 

There's usually a costume parade, trick or treating for the kiddos, costume contest, we've had deck parties, atrium parties, etc.

A few favorite shots below from different ships.

I gotta hand it to the Maitre'd and Champagne Waterfall couple - that one was brilliant!  That one was on a Med cruise in 2017, Royal Princess.. the others are Regal, Emerald, etc. All of our Halloween cruises have been. 10 days or longer, and people definitely bring elaborate costumes..

We've had giant trolls, blow up dinosaurs, group costumes that were amazing, cereal killers, butchers, 3 blind mice, gladiators, M&Ms, ancient Egyptians, and more aboard. You name it, they're there!! It's loads of fun.. 

It's great fun aboard, we love them!

Included a few door decors that have caught our eyes over the years.. 

DSC_4940.JPG

DSC_4939.JPG

DSC_4944.JPG

DSC_1450.JPG

DSC_1482.JPG

DSC_1441.JPG

DSC_1444.JPG

DSC_1443.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

We w done a lot of Halloween cruises on Princess, and contrary to above, we've found more people dress up, whether elaborate or just a Tshirt or something super simple - than don't. 

A whole lot of the staff does also, again - in our experience - more does than does not. 

Bars, atrium, etc are all decorated. 

There's usually a costume parade, trick or treating for the kiddos, costume contest, we've had deck parties, atrium parties, etc.

A few favorite shots below from different ships.

I gotta hand it to the Maitre'd and Champagne Waterfall couple - that one was brilliant!  That one was on a Med cruise in 2017, Royal Princess.. the others are Regal, Emerald, etc. All of our Halloween cruises have been. 10 days or longer, and people definitely bring elaborate costumes..

We've had giant trolls, blow up dinosaurs, group costumes that were amazing, cereal killers, butchers, 3 blind mice, gladiators, M&Ms, ancient Egyptians, and more aboard. You name it, they're there!! It's loads of fun.. 

It's great fun aboard, we love them!

Included a few door decors that have caught our eyes over the years.. 

DSC_4940.JPG

DSC_4939.JPG

DSC_4944.JPG

DSC_1450.JPG

DSC_1482.JPG

DSC_1441.JPG

DSC_1444.JPG

DSC_1443.JPG

Our cruises look like dud’s compared to yours! 😂

Our European, South

Pacific and TA’s were nothing like that.  But, a lot of these were since the restart.

I only saw the doors on our deck though. A few were decorated.

I’d say if you have room in your suitcase, bring a costume and join in!  

We don't dress up for Halloween but, on Emerald Princess back in 2017 a lot of the passengers and crew did dress up and the ship had great decorations. We enjoyed it quite a bit. We will be aboard Grand Princess this year for Halloween but, as we will be on an Australian sailing (October 31 is a port day at Newcastle) - I'm not expecting much in the way of Halloween celebrations.

Every holiday is what you make of it. I’ve been on a transatlantic over Halloween a few years ago that had a few dress up but it wasn’t universal. This go-around, my husband and I are tool old to not have fun so I foresee some door decor and possibly some costuming, even though our next Halloween cruise is out of the UK and Halloween is a wee different there than in the US.

I have posted this picture before and I stand by it. While there was a myriad of costumes on our cruise - ranging from "meh" to "wow" there was one passenger who, to me, stood out. Our cruise director was Dave Clark  - who I thought was absolutely great - and he mentioned a number of times how much he loved Kentucky Fried Chicken. Below is a picture of Jim from @jeanandjim <wave!>. He trimmed his beard totally different from how it had been during the rest of the cruise and put on his "costume" as Colonel Sanders. It was an amazing transformation from the man who was a fellow passenger into the venerable Colonel Sanders. I spotted Jim on the Promenade Deck (inside) and then, a short time later just a short way down the same deck, ran into Dave Clark. I told him, "Colonel Sanders is right down the deck!!!" He went looking and this is the result. The cruise director Dave is obviously the one on the right... 🤪 (Dave later made an appearance as a nurse in a uniform from the Medical Center and was pretty good looking... 🥴)

Note: I did not take this picture. It is courtesy of @jeanandjim.

Colonel Sanders - Jim from jeanandjim.jpg

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2