Opinions of Alaska Air

VermeulT

Can anyone provide feedback to Alaska Air... seats comfortable? suggested to upgrade seats or class for coast to coast flight? luggage fees?

I am probably choosing between Alaska Air and Delta for my cruise next Summer.  Alaska Air is priced better right now.  I will likely sign up for whichever's credit card for the miles &/or companion ticket and free luggage...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, VermeulT said:

Can anyone provide feedback to Alaska Air... seats comfortable? suggested to upgrade seats or class for coast to coast flight? luggage fees?

I am probably choosing between Alaska Air and Delta for my cruise next Summer.  Alaska Air is priced better right now.  I will likely sign up for whichever's credit card for the miles &/or companion ticket and free luggage...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Alaska is generally friendly.  They are a nice airline to travel with.

They are in the same alliance as American Airlines.  So if your with an American loyalty program you can collect/spend points on Alaska.  If your in the Alaska program you can collect/spend points on American.  

I do like Delta and find its is a toss up between them and Alaska. 

Alaska is, personally, my favorite US carrier. Working in aerospace, I am a frequent traveler to Seattle and pretty much always try to use Alaska. I find the flights generally on time, seats comfortable, crews consistently good. First Class is definitely nice, but economy is comfortable enough that I personally would just save the money and spend it on the ground. 

• Like 1

They have a “premium” seat class that’s closer to the front of the plane than economy, is slightly more legroom, offers a free alcoholic drink during drink service (when available) and slightly earlier boarding. It’s generallly a good value but obviously not first class. Bag fees are waived if you book with An Alaska card, (they have a good companion fare in card too) or if you are AA oneworld elite.  

they are my fav domestic airline, but I’m biased as they have service from San Diego’s newer terminal and are the only carrier flying nonstop to my most frequent destination. 

We are going to be on Alaska this Friday from PDX to FLL.   They definitely have a presence at PDX and we have flown them many times.   They are our go-to airline, assuming their prices are in line with other airlines.   Very comfortable and I definitely recommend them.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 12:46 PM, Dobby36 said:

They have a “premium” seat class that’s closer to the front of the plane than economy, is slightly more legroom, offers a free alcoholic drink during drink service (when available) and slightly earlier boarding. It’s generallly a good value but obviously not first class. 

As does Delta, with bag fees waived with a Delta cc.

On 8/30/2023 at 9:46 AM, Dobby36 said:

they are my fav domestic airline, but I’m biased as they have service from San Diego’s newer terminal and are the only carrier flying nonstop to my most frequent destination. 

Regardless of the terminal, Alaska offers good service from San Diego and are only exceeded in flights by Southwest.  The OneWorld benefit is a plus for those in that FF alliance program.

I think Alaska is up there as a domestic airline, but I think JetBlue is a bit better in terms of cabin comfort.  It's too bad their service is so limited at SAN.