Labor Day Flash Sale

NMTraveller

I just went in and got some good saving on Excursions and Specialty Dining for our cruises in November and December 2023.     Checked our cruises for March/April 2024 and nothing discounted.

I wish there was a way to just apply the new price but I had to go in and Cancel each one and then rebook it.    On one it was sold out and had to wait about 10 minutes before it showed up back in inventory.     Most of the original were 15% discounted and Many of the sales prices are as much as 45%

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Thanks.  I just rebooked this again and got 2.

Has anyone noticed that every time they cancel and rebook the wifi it gives them an extra 12 pennies of OBC.   I suppose someone could write a javascript program and have it  cancel and rebook 10000 times and they would have $1200 in OBC 🙂🙂 

that's funny. You have to wonder if Celebrity's payroll system is a mess. 

• Haha 2

On one cruise, we had a lot of OBC (remember the "Indulge" price quirk?) and had booked a bunch of excursions with it during the last sale. I was able to cancel and rebook those, as well as cancel and rebook the WiFi upgrade. The new prices left us with enough to purchase a 5 night dining package. 

Not too shabby.

I'll look at other cruises tomorrow, including the ones we might cancel. 

Thanks to all who've answered questions and to our Land of Enchantment poster for starting the thread. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just went in and got some good saving on Excursions and Specialty Dining for our cruises in November and December 2023.     Checked our cruises for March/April 2024 and nothing discounted.

I wish there was a way to just apply the new price but I had to go in and Cancel each one and then rebook it.    On one it was sold out and had to wait about 10 minutes before it showed up back in inventory.     Most of the original were 15% discounted and Many of the sales prices are as much as 45%

I have been doing that on my 8 future bookings.;) mostly for shore excursions.....the savings add up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisinlawn said:

so we can both be logged in at the same time, on our own device, correct? 

Yes but if you buy it for one device for both of you the 2X's pricing on 1 device (for each person) is significantly better on the current sale.  You would each have a different log on based on your room card.  

• Like 1

Looking into the Labour Day sales on the Celebrity Ascent for next June. 

Cruise newbie here, but would you recommend we book shore excursions now or wait until closer to the date? Are these flash sales a regular occurrence? And if we book and change our mind, can we still cancel the bookings? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Tessaverona said:

Cruise newbie here, but would you recommend we book shore excursions now or wait until closer to the date? Are these flash sales a regular occurrence? And if we book and change our mind, can we still cancel the bookings? 

Thanks. 

From what I know - The flash sales seem to occur every 4 or so months but it seems random which sailings qualify for them.  If you do purchase excursions and a better price comes along  (or you change your mind) you can cancel your booking and purchase again at the new price.  There is a risk that when you cancel and go to purchase again your excursion shows as sold out.

45% off is likely the best we are going to get - I purchased 4 excursions for our May 2024 cruise.

So yes, I would recommend booking shore excursions now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiwichick62 said:

From what I know - The flash sales seem to occur every 4 or so months but it seems random which sailings qualify for them.  If you do purchase excursions and a better price comes along  (or you change your mind) you can cancel your booking and purchase again at the new price.  There is a risk that when you cancel and go to purchase again your excursion shows as sold out.

45% off is likely the best we are going to get - I purchased 4 excursions for our May 2024 cruise.

So yes, I would recommend booking shore excursions now.

Ditto this ... 45% is the best I've seen.  I actually had one booked that I cancelled and rebooked and for the two of us it went from $97 to $65 US.  Some might think a pain to bother especially if credit cards in the mix (vs OBC as some might use) but it was worth it to this Canadian where $32 US savings is even more CAD!

• Like 5

I had 2 excursions booked for Italy in April but the 45% off was too great to ignore. So I cancelled and rebooked for a total of 5 excursions. I was honestly surprised at how easy it was and my cancellations and new bookings were all correct. Got emails about everything. Some were booked with OBC, others with a credit card.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip.

Got 2 Excursions on our Feb’24 Ascent cruise at 45% off but I noticed Eden and Le Voyage were not listed as options to book so I cannot compare prices now as opposed to when I booked it. 

13 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Are folks getting the OBC reinstated immediately upon canceling? 

I'd like to cancel and rebook a few excursions, but some have only 2-3 spots left. I'm concerned I might lose the spot if I have to wait for the OBC.

Thanks.

yes...reinstated immediately.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tessaverona said:

Thanks. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  I just wanted to re-iterate what was posted earlier.  I definitely recommend that you book your shorex now under the sale.  This sale is particularly good and they seem to occur around the major holidays.  I would anticipate that the next one will be during Thanksgiving thru Cyber Monday.

There is no penalty for cancelling a shorex should you change your mind (there is a deadline of something like 1-2 days before the shorex occurs)  and you can easily cancel/rebook if you find a more attractive price later (such as the Thanksgiving sale).

If you wait until later, you run the small risk of a popular shorex selling out and becoming full.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Are folks getting the OBC reinstated immediately upon canceling? 

I'd like to cancel and rebook a few excursions, but some have only 2-3 spots left. I'm concerned I might lose the spot if I have to wait for the OBC.

Thanks.

Yes, it is reinstated immediately. You might have to re-fresh your web browser in order to see it.  It takes about 10 min for the cancelled spots to become available for booking--something to keep in mind if you are going to cancel/rebook a shorex that is sold out.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I just got this email and did a mock booking for a 2025 cruise we priced out a few weeks ago and the Labor Day sale is $100 more expensive 

Me thinks if there is a sale, it’s probably for more near term cruises

I am not surprised.  The Flash Sale for items in the Cruise Planner (e.g. shorex, specialty dining) is however yielding some good prices.

• Like 1

Not meaning to beat a dead horse, but after being on hold for 30 minutes, couldn't help but notice the "hold music" still says dedicated butler for the Retreat...not team of butlers, not butlers for upper suites...enjoy your dedicated butler when booking the Retreat.

And, since I got disconnected midway through trying to change my dining and excursions, I am now getting to hear it again!

Trout

• Haha 3

Couldn't save anything worthwhile to cancel on my excursions for the upcoming cruise...but did save $98 on dining...Murano and Lawn Club....Tuscan was more $$s.   Good sale on top of the last sale.  Are they trying to send a little kindness our way considering the recent 'hot' topics here on CC?  😉