Hotels and restaurants In New Orleans

MR_BUTCHIE

I stay at the Sheraton Hotel on Canal Street.  Lots of restaurants in the area from the very expensive Brennan's) to fast food.  Cafe Du Monde is just a few blocks away (world famous for thier beignets).

Th aquarium is a great place to visit (also just a few blocks away).

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel a few years ago pre and post cruise.  Steps from Jackson Square.  Would stay there again, was great and the staff was wonderful.  We did eat at Emeril's and it was delicious!  We were there the week of the LSU/Clemson NCAA Championship game and it was looney!!  I highly recommend the Free Walking Tours if you have the time.  We went on two-The Garden District Tour and the Cemetery Tour. Had the same guide for both and he was excellent.  Both tours had 8-10 people and the walking was easy.  Incredibly interesting/fun for a few dollars and a well deserved tip to the guide.

• Like 1

We stay at the Hyatt right across the street from the cruise terminal easy to walk there I. The morning of embarkation even with luggage. Walking distance to many restaurants and there is an excellent pizza place with bar right next door. Also the Fulton parking garage is also right next door where you can leave your vehicle for the cruise 

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

We stay at the Hyatt right across the street from the cruise terminal easy to walk there I. The morning of embarkation even with luggage. Walking distance to many restaurants and there is an excellent pizza place with bar right next door. Also the Fulton parking garage is also right next door where you can leave your vehicle for the cruise 

Yes, I definitely recommend staying within walking distance of the port.  Cruise day there is a crazy line of taxis/ubers/etc.😒 

Much faster & easier to walk over to the port & avoid that traffic jam of vehicles dropping off cruisers.

We stay at Harrahs or the Hilton New Orleans Riverside on the river (next to Harrahs). There is a small outlet strip mall at the port and we start the day with beignets and chicory coffee at Café Du Monde in the mall.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We stay at Harrahs or the Hilton New Orleans Riverside on the river (next to Harrahs). There is a small outlet strip mall at the port and we start the day with beignets and chicory coffee at Café Du Monde in the mall.

When was the last time you were there? When I was in Slidell a year ago, my high school classmates said something about the mall being demolished and so the Cafe du Monde in the mall was no longer there and everyone had to go to the original on Decatur St.

18 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

When was the last time you were there? When I was in Slidell a year ago, my high school classmates said something about the mall being demolished and so the Cafe du Monde in the mall was no longer there and everyone had to go to the original on Decatur St.

The Riverwalk Outlet Mall website looks current, and it still shows Cafe Du Monde. 

Hotel we usually stay at Harrahs but also stayed at Sonesta ES Suites New Orleans Convention Center.  Right by WWII Museum.  Restaurants-Mother's, Ernst Cafe, Acme Oyster House, Cochon, Johnnys's Po-Boys, Napolean House, Coterie Restaurant & Oyster Bar, the list could go on and on....we LOVE NOLA.  For something fun and free to do, visit The Sazerac House for tour.  Make reservation online.