cash on Sea Pass account?

mosiegirl

Cash is fine... You don't need to do anything until your account hits $500.  At that point they cut you off until you pay it down.  Go to guest services, hand over the cash and you get another $500 of credit.  The one down side to this is the last night you have to wait in a long line at GS to pay off your account prior to debarkation.  As long as you don't mind the line, cash works great.  

• Like 2

Problem with cash is that if you want to purchase a drink or something first few hours, there is a LONG line at guest services.  Same as last night when you want to "cash out".  

Your financial situation is not my  business, but your credit card is safe, you can check your account daily and it will likely save you an hour or more of frustration.  We looked at this, when we had teens... split up in several rooms with us.  We gave them the stern talking to about spending limits and checked it daily.  You can follow your "folio" on the TV. 

There was a specific amount that had to stay in the account for "incidentals", like a hotel.  From memory it was $250 or more, where it made no sense, we had cash on the kiddo's account, but we had to go BACK to guest services and pay more for their spending, but there was cash on the account... they won't let you get down to a certain dollar amount, so please ask in advance when you put cash down. 

Hope this helps.  

1 hour ago, nimbex1970 said:

Problem with cash is that if you want to purchase a drink or something first few hours, there is a LONG line at guest services.  Same as last night when you want to "cash out".  

Your financial situation is not my  business, but your credit card is safe, you can check your account daily and it will likely save you an hour or more of frustration.  We looked at this, when we had teens... split up in several rooms with us.  We gave them the stern talking to about spending limits and checked it daily.  You can follow your "folio" on the TV. 

There was a specific amount that had to stay in the account for "incidentals", like a hotel.  From memory it was $250 or more, where it made no sense, we had cash on the kiddo's account, but we had to go BACK to guest services and pay more for their spending, but there was cash on the account... they won't let you get down to a certain dollar amount, so please ask in advance when you put cash down. 

Hope this helps.  

You do not need to prepay your account.

Royal will allow you to charge up to $500 for 6 day or longer sailings, $300 for the shorter sailing before paying down your balance.  

• Like 3

On 9/1/2023 at 1:07 PM, mosiegirl said:

do I need to use a credit card for my cruise account?  or can I use cash?

The cash option seems to have been removed from check in so if you plan to complete check in, you will need to supply a card. You can then change that to cash on board. 

• Like 1

You can also set up a credit card when you check in, then stop and put cash down at Guest Services during the week so that only a minimal amount will be charged to the card at the end of the cruise.

By doing this, you can avoid having to wait in the long line at Guest Services to pay off your account at the end of the cruise.  You can stop by at any time (or multiple times) during the cruise to put cash down on your account, stopping at any time you notice there is no line.  

We always do a Cash Account... 

I believe I have been able to change from the CC to a Cash account during check-in at the pier. 
On the last day, after I have looked over the account, I change it back to a Credit Card.