LAFFNVEGAS Alaska Bound...Live September 3, 2023 HAL Westerdam

LAFFNVEGAS

I had the Beefsteak Tomato’s, the Blue Cheese Encrusted Filet and Lemon Sorbet and Two glasses of Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling. Tom had the shrimp appetizer the filet and Sobet. Sorry no pictures we were dining with the Hotel Manager  and was too busy talking 😂 Actually totally forgot to take pictures. 

• Like 8

Sadly not a great day of viewing, between pea soup fog and pouring rain you cannot see much of  Hubbard Glacier. We walked to deck 4 to four on the bow but it was so fogged in and pouring rain. Then came back to our aft cabin Captain turned the ship around to we were facing the glacier. It then started to clear up a bit and quit raining to Captain turn the ship again now bow is once again facing the glacier. We will see it again on the second turn. I have never seen them do two turns before.

we can hear lots of White Thunder but no actual calving.

IMG_4493.jpeg

IMG_4494.jpeg

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4496.jpeg

IMG_4497.jpeg

IMG_4498.jpeg

IMG_4499.jpeg

IMG_4500.jpeg

IMG_4501.jpeg

IMG_4502.jpeg

IMG_4503.jpeg

IMG_4504.jpeg

IMG_4505.jpeg

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4507.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Haven't ordered lunch yet and it's already time for dinner?! I will be very full, someone will have to roll me out of here...

Lunch: Beefsteak tomatoes, Pinnacle Burger no bun, sorbet & brownie (too good to pass on, but I always eat just 1 bite, DH takes the rest)

Dinner: No idea - I'm full from lunch!! But I will have a Lemon Drop, please, and I'll be splitting the Rib Eye w/DH, lol.

Dutch Pea Soup in Crow's Nest during Glacier Bay day Eurodam in May.

20230502_103310.jpg

20230502_120930.jpg

20230502_102536.jpg

20230502_101321.jpg

• Like 5

The Dining Room was full this evening 

ok for what Tom and I ordered.

we had left over Sparkling Wine we finished off tonight

Tom skipped Starters, I had the three small Trio of Sushi, (not too bad)

We both ordered the Prime Rib but Tom had them add some Halibut to his plate. Then we both got the Chocolate Puff Pastry.

then I ordered a shot of Baileys to my Americano coffee our servers are wonderful he brought to me saying it was a treat from him.

I have to say that this week has felt very much like the old days of HAL This gives me faith that they can still be very much like I remember. 
Over all food has been very good and Service for the most part excellent. 

IMG_4521.thumb.jpeg.408a899ecc0ea66e4eeb797f7150ba3e.jpeg

IMG_4517.jpeg

IMG_4518.jpeg

IMG_4519.jpeg

IMG_4520.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We actually stayed out a bit later tonight lol, after dinner we went to the Rolling Stone Lounge and watched the Game Show The Game of Love, it was pretty funny, then we stayed and watched the first set of Days of Disco music. It is always fun people watching 😃

We left just before the Orange Party but let me say many were dressed in Orange and even some in costumes. One person had a big pumpkin costume and the other was a blow up orange horse 😂 Several were dressed head to toe in Orange. It has been a few years since I had seen the Orange Party and had not realized what it had grown into. I guess I need to be more prepared for our December cruise.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ah, dinner - wine first - Beringer's cab/sauv, along with crab cakes (probably not a great pairing per experts? but I figure anything goes these days).  Then the fennel halibut.  Dessert - hazelnut mousse cake along with a decaf capp with oat milk.  

Fingers crossed your day is clear and bright today after yesterday's disappointing view.  Bring on the sunshine!!!

~Bernadette

• Like 2

Good Morning from Sitka Alaska 

we have always loved the views around Sitka with all the little islands even if it’s a view from the ship. Like other ports in Alaska, we have been here many times. 
My weather app says it is 52 degrees with drizzle and 90% chance of rain but our balcony is dry and it’s not windy so he feels warm. I was out on the balcony in my pjs 😂 and did not feel cold.

Despite being cloudy and dark it is still very scenic.

We had already already decided to stay on board today, several months ago because I purchased a 100 minute massage and facial combo at a discount for being a port day. 
It’s also nice to be on board when most are at shore. Since my appointment is not till 10:30 we can head to the Lido in about an hour and still have some breakfast and easily find a table.

IMG_4524.jpeg

IMG_4525.jpeg

IMG_4526.jpeg

IMG_4527.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1