Uniworld - 1970s Party

HappyTvlr

We attended the 70’s party on our last Uniworld cruise. The people who dressed to the theme seemed to be having the most fun — bell bottoms, paisley patterns, granny glasses, fringed vests. It seemed to morph into the late ‘60’s, as well. 

several people told me that they had ordered their costumes from Amazon or other online sites and they all looked great. 

10 minutes ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

We attended the 70’s party on our last Uniworld cruise. The people who dressed to the theme seemed to be having the most fun — bell bottoms, paisley patterns, granny glasses, fringed vests. It seemed to morph into the late ‘60’s, as well. 

several people told me that they had ordered their costumes from Amazon or other online sites and they all looked great. 

Wait! You mean this all isn't the current fashion?  When did this happen? 😁 Bummer man!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HappyTvlr said:

Thanks for the responses. I found some fun stuff on Amazon. Does anyone know how to find out which itineraries have the party?  We're doing Ultimate France which is a week each on the Bon Voyage, Catherine, and Joie de Vivre.

I’m almost certain all itineraries this year have the party. They had it on my Belgium/Netherlands cruise in the spring and my recent Douro cruise. Both parties were a lot of fun and some people went all out with their costumes. Regardless of dress, the parties were a big hit.

55 minutes ago, Ritabob said:

Our cruise in April the party was only so-so. The bartenders and cruise director probably had the most fun.

It’s likely a case of it being what you make it. On both of my cruises there were a lot of fun-loving people in general. One older guy came to dinner before the party completely decked out with a blond Afro wig. But regardless of what people were wearing, pretty much everyone got on the dance floor.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ritabob said:

A 50's and 60's theme would be more age appropriate on some cruises 😉

You might be onto something. 😂 Especially on my last cruise, most of the people seemed to be in the early to mid-60s but they’ve been older on some of the others I’ve been on.

The 70’s party on the Maria Theresa in April was a blast.  You could tell there was a big purchase of $25 costumes from Amazon.  However, they occasionally played music that wasn’t from the 70’s.

IMG_2542.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

We're on Uniworld's European Holiday Markets cruise 12/1 - 12/8 on S.S. Beatrice and just received an email about this.  I was confused, as our last river cruise was on Uniworld in 2019 and we had no "theme" nights at all.

Just wondering, for those who've experienced this - did people dress more early 1970's (hippy style) or mid-to late 70's disco style?  

Thanks in advance!