Sabatini’s or Bistro Sur La Mer?

kasowell2

we were very disappointed in Bistro Sur La Mer and would take Sabatini's every time in future. The main courses we had were very bland and watery (the veal dish if I remember correctly). On the positive, the deserts were superb.

9 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

Those that have sailed which restaurant would you recommend. I’ve got a reservation next eeek already made for Bistro Sur La Mer but am having second thoughts. Which one did you like and why?

Sabatini’s, unless they have improved the menu.  That’s possible, with all the venue changes going on. 

They removed it on Enchanted in April.

Food is subjective, so hard to say, you may enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Crystabel said:

We loved Bistro Sur La Mer. To each his own. 

Same here. We dine at Bistro at least twice on each sailing where the ship has one. Post-pandemic, food and service there have always been better than Sabatini's, and far superior to the CG.  Not keen on the exposed location (sure do miss Crooners), and the food may be too exotic for some, but for us, it's always been fantastic.  The fact that it also seems to be less crowded is a big plus as well.

• Like 1

I just sailed on Discovery, and we ate at Bistro Sur La Mer one night.  The service was extremely slow (they just don't have enough wait staff onboard), and I was dissatisfied with both the limited menu and the quality of the food.  I'd vote for Sabatini's instead...

As you can see, @kasowell2, the vote is, pretty much, split.  Unless you have some knowledge of one or more of the above poster and find their recommendations to be reliable, there is no “Wisdom of the Crowd,” here to make the decision for you.

The obvious solution is to dine at both venues and decide which one you prefer.  Then, revisit the better one to confirm your decision.

😁

Bon voyage.  I am extremely envious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We really enjoyed both on Discovery a few months back - if I had to choose one I'd choose Sabatini's - it's been our favorite since it's inception! But I really liked BSLM too even though a lot of people aren't crazy about it. Also excited to give Catch a go on Enchanted in Dec!

I know there have been negative reviews but we enjoyed our dinner at Bistro Sur La Mer!  The wait staff was very attentive to us.  We haven’t tried Sabatini’s yet but will be in April. We usually go to Crown Grill.

We had one of our best meals ever at the Bistro on Discovery Princess last November.  We really enjoyed the salmon appetizer, and the fillet of beef was fabulous. I can feel my mouth watering just thinking about it.  I enjoyed Sabatini's, but it was an overwhelming amount of food if you get all the courses.  3 of us dined there, and for some courses we ordered only 2 choices and shared.

• Like 1