Cruise and staying days in port ?

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We love Aruba and fly there twice a year and do take cruises yearly also.  We do not have direct flights from northern Florida to Aruba and need to connect.  We are wondering if its allowed that we take a cruise, get off in Aruba port and stay there for a week then go back on another cruise a week later, in other words board it in Aruba then go back home to Florida to avoid flying?

Has anybody done this, if so, are they any rules/regulations we need to know about?

You cannot do this on Celebrity. You would have to find a cruise line that embarks in Aruba (or potentially Curacao if you could get there) then disembark in Florida. There is one single Silversea cruise that allows embarking in Curacao and ends in Fort Lauderdale in Nov 2024.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We love Aruba and fly there twice a year and do take cruises yearly also.  We do not have direct flights from northern Florida to Aruba and need to connect.  We are wondering if its allowed that we take a cruise, get off in Aruba port and stay there for a week then go back on another cruise a week later, in other words board it in Aruba then go back home to Florida to avoid flying?

Has anybody done this, if so, are they any rules/regulations we need to know about?

Very doubtful you could do this and you would have to pay for two full cruises…..if you could get permission at all

• Like 1

Not sure you can board another cruise from Aruba but you may be able to disembark in Aruba and fly home.  You would have to get permission to do this from the cruiseline.  I have not done this in the Caribbean but I have done this in Asia and Europe.  Also we did have someone join our cruise in Asia at a later port and not the 1st port, but again that required preapproval.

Years ago, maybe the 80's, Cunard [?}  sailed from FL  with a terminal stop in Barbados. About 25 % of the passengers left the ship and went to a designated resort, owned by the cruise line, for a week and later back onto the ship for a return cruise to FL. My rusty brain seems to think it was either the Sagafjord or the Vistafjord.

Darcy

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Like others, doubt this would be allowed unless a cruise starts/ends in Aruba.  Sounds like you want a ferry, not a cruise....

I would honestly be shocked if they allowed you to do that, especially the part about boarding another cruise going back.  Essentially you would be taking cabin space on two separate cruises but only paying for one.  Even if it were technically allowed under the law (which I doubt) I can't see the cruise line, especially in these days of sky high prices, letting people do that.

2 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Like others, doubt this would be allowed unless a cruise starts/ends in Aruba.  Sounds like you want a ferry, not a cruise....

I have a destination wedding to go and want to cruise the same time as I need to use vacation time.

14 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I would honestly be shocked if they allowed you to do that, especially the part about boarding another cruise going back.  Essentially you would be taking cabin space on two separate cruises but only paying for one.  Even if it were technically allowed under the law (which I doubt) I can't see the cruise line, especially in these days of sky high prices, letting people do that.

As has been mentioned, yo do anything like this you would undoubtedly need to book two cruises, with no refund for missed days.  An expensive proposition.

I called and with special permission they allow this.  I have no problem in paying for an entire cruise, with the premium drink and wi fi package and not cruising all the says.  I was thinking of boarding in Aruba on her fourth day and finishing the 8 night cruise.