Which cruise sounds better? Don’t know the ports

dickinson

I think you should join me for a July 2024 cruise to Iceland and Greenland.

The later and farther north you go, the better are your chances of seeing the Northern Lights.  

I liked Denmark, not sure if there are enough things to do for 3 ports.

Are these 50% off cruises if booked onboard?

Edited by cr8tiv1

11 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Looking at Norway. 2024. August 3  for 7 days on Sky. All ports in Norway. Other cruise is August 24 on Sky for 8 days. 2 ports in Norway and 3 in Denmark. 

For those in the know, which would you pick?

Depends what you like to see- the 7 days will take you through the fjords, with glaciers, waterfalls and nature. Olden and Geiranger are quite glorious.  The 8 day is more city-based with lots of arts, museums and culture. We did the fjords last June on Sky and are booked on a shorter Norway/Denmark cruise on her next year. 

56 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Looking at Norway. 2024. August 3  for 7 days on Sky. All ports in Norway. Other cruise is August 24 on Sky for 8 days. 2 ports in Norway and 3 in Denmark. 

For those in the know, which would you pick?

We just recently (earlier this year) did the Iceland/Norway itinerary.  Not *exactly* the same as what you're asking about but I don't think you'll be disappointed in either!

The August 3rd Norway Fjords. We sailed a longer RT Southampton to the Norwegian fjords that went all the way to North Cape. It was one of our most memorable sailings. spectacular scenery. Would suggest you also look at a similar cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I think you should join me for a July 2024 cruise to Iceland and Greenland.

The later and farther north you go, the better are your chances of seeing the Northern Lights.  

I liked Denmark, not sure if there are enough things to do for 3 ports.

Are these 50% off cruises if booked onboard?

Would love to sail with you again but alas Norway beckons more than Iceland and Greenland. The cruises that are 50% off all sail soon so not good for us. 

Unfortunately at this point I can only take 7 day cruises.  I’m on one now and will see when I get off if my mal de debarquenent is higher than my “new” normal and how long it lasts. Every cruise could be my last if it gets worse. 😞