Crystal Unveils 2025 Itineraries

Keith1010

dimundsR -- sorry to spoil your fun but what you have is a link to the 2025 World Cruise, not the individual cruises for the rest of the year.  We expect (hope?), based on what others have reported, that the individual itineraries will be posted Wed or Thu this week.  Bob S.

21 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

The details will be available before bookings are open.  

Based on similar types of things I expect an e-mail will go out to Crystal Society Members.

I know that those who are on-board right now were told about this.

Keith 

Ok thanks.

Cutting it a bit close if the info from @TER777 is correct?

2 minutes ago, seasack said:

Ok thanks.

Cutting it a bit close if the info from @TER777 is correct?

Not really. People can book when they want.  They don't have to book day 1 but they can or take their time.

Then of it that rather than publish them and have you wait a week or more if you are in the first grouping of Society members who can book they publish it and not much after that you can start booking.

Keith

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Not really. People can book when they want.  They don't have to book day 1 but they can or take their time.

Then of it that rather than publish them and have you wait a week or more if you are in the first grouping of Society members who can book they publish it and not much after that you can start booking.

Keith

I get that but if you are in group one and are maybe eager to have access to the itineraries, and have the added option of being able to book earlier than everybody else I’d say it’s a bit tight. Just saying…

32 minutes ago, seasack said:

I get that but if you are in group one and are maybe eager to have access to the itineraries, and have the added option of being able to book earlier than everybody else I’d say it’s a bit tight. Just saying…

Not trying to be argumentative but this is really not new.

When they had that program where you could put down open deposits and then be in the first grouping to book it was very similar.

Even old Crystal did the same thing with thing such as Northwest Passage.

I am reminded this is not for one cruise. It's the whole year so I don't think people have to run out and frantically book.

Part of this is marketing and by doing it this way creates urgency. JMO.

Anyway this is how they are doing it and we can't change that but personally I think it's fine.

Keith

Keith is right...  The current prevailing sales methodology in the travel industry is to tease new offers in advance, but not show the full details of the offer until as close to they can book the offer as possible.  The thought process is that when someone reads all the details, if they're interested in the offer, you want them to take action on it then and there.  If people need more time to make a decision that's great, but among the people who are ready to book immediately, the odds of losing that momentum grow by the day the longer someone waits.  

Obviously since Crystal can't currently gate the content by tiers they're going to lose that advantage for some passengers anyway, but if they release the itineraries too early they lose momentum on all of the passengers.

Vince

• Like 1

Yea I get it with big events type cruises like the world cruise but not a rest of the year of itineraries that is to be released. I don’t do the open deposit game unless there is strong incentives. I don’t do for maybe I like a future itinerary I know nothing about to get first access. 

I get the teaser aspect but if there is a time frame for the releases I know for one I want to know when so I can prepare. Tease all you want until they  put up, it doesn’t make any difference till I know the rules for booking if as stated earlier that it might be staged? I don’t see it as a momentum issue unless they feel very certain that the possibility of selling out many if not all the segments is a possibility. I get it for very limited categories like the CP and people like me who have very specific itineraries and rooms that I would be interested in. But that’s just me.

So are those dates previously posted by Ter777 not correct??? I keep asking no one’s answering. 

All I’m asking at the end of the day if there is a definitive staged release of the 2025 itineraries at this point that someone knows for sure and then when and how it will work I would like to know as soon as possible. Again just looking for the rules from Crystal on the 2025 itinerary release I know the news release says September 27th but if there is a staged release like suggested earlier in this thread I’d like to know about it, that’s all!

34 minutes ago, seasack said:

So are those dates previously posted by Ter777 not correct??? I keep asking no one’s answering. 

I believe they are right.

But since nothing is in writing let's see what happens.

I've been to this rodeo many times.  And what Vince and I said correct IMHO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

Thanks. 

Another thought that popped into my head with Crystal building momentum is it gives people more time to look at other cruise lines who have the itineraries for 2025 out there to be booked now and possibly losing future bookings as they’re looking to do by doing a drawn out tease. 

3 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

+1...  I'd also point out that the first tier opening is a soft opening in function, which is one of the reasons they open to a limited group at first.  That means it's literally designed to slip if needed...  So if they actually end up needing more time, at this point it would be too early to tell.  But we'll find out on those days whether the itineraries appear or not.  🙂 

• Like 1

Just another thought Crystal is playing catch-up with there itineraries. I could see a potential side to playing the momentum card if you were someone who was out front with their itineraries but right now I wouldn’t make people wait to see your product when your behind everyone else. Again IMHO. 

What’s the old saying the early bird gets the worm?

7 minutes ago, seasack said:

Just another thought Crystal is playing catch-up with there itineraries. I could see a potential side to playing the momentum card if you were someone who was out front with their itineraries but right now I wouldn’t make people wait to see your product when your behind everyone else. Again IMHO. 

What’s the old saying the early bird gets the worm?

At this point they're not making anyone wait, they're going to open bookings for the first tier as soon as all of the content management loading is verified and everything passes QA testing, which is reportedly forecasted to be sometime mid-week.  There is always a risk that might open late if there's a delay, but that's why you have a soft opening for the first tier.  I should also point out that we seldom really know what the ACTUAL first tier of a soft opening is, we only know what the first tier anyone talks about is.

To your point though, we're getting closer and closer to Crystal booking berths on a normal schedule.  While they were booking 2025, they almost had to be booking 2026, and key dates for 2027 and 2028.  They've really had to rush to get 2025 together, but starting with 2026 they should start to be able to be more strategic with release dates, and starting with 2027 they should be able to start to be more strategic with port bookings.

Vince

• Like 1

I apologize but I’m not following your “soft opening for the first tier” is that to get some kind of understanding of how well the intend itineraries are likely to be booking after being released to everyone and if it’s not maybe going to plan they can make changes in the itineraries or pricing?

37 minutes ago, seasack said:

I apologize but I’m not following your “soft opening for the first tier” is that to get some kind of understanding of how well the intend itineraries are likely to be booking after being released to everyone and if it’s not maybe going to plan they can make changes in the itineraries or pricing?

Travel suppliers these days usually do tiered openings for booking for a variety of reasons.  They generally start with the smallest group of customers first and grow each subsequent tier in size and scope.  The first group or two are considered "soft openings" because of the relatively limited size of the first group (or two), and they usually don't publish a firm date for this booking release.  Now, in order to minimize the testing timeline and not have to buffer in a whole lot of extra days which may end up just being wasted, it's become customary for the first tiers to just fire off emails to the first group around a target day (which is sometimes just a specified week) when everything is ready, and most people wouldn't be the wiser unless they have a personal connection at the company that gave them a heads up.  After the first tier you give more structure to the release dates, including a "published" opening date that is firm and (hopefully) never needs to move because everything is normally on-track by that point no matter how the content build goes.  This essentially allows travel suppliers to never/rarely miss a milestone, while at the same time rewarding certain groups of customers that need or deserve special advance privileges.  

Vince

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, seasack said:

Wow ok that’s a mouthful! I think I was able to follow that. 

Again thanks for being patient with your time and explanations in my trying to understand getting into the weeds of the situation if you will!

It's my pleasure...  There is a lot more that goes into these processes than the average customer sees, and a lot of them are not Crystal-specific, and those I ususally have lots of experience with.  I'm always happy to share background on things like this.

Vince

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Keith is right...  The current prevailing sales methodology in the travel industry is to tease new offers in advance, but not show the full details of the offer until as close to they can book the offer as possible.  The thought process is that when someone reads all the details, if they're interested in the offer, you want them to take action on it then and there.  If people need more time to make a decision that's great, but among the people who are ready to book immediately, the odds of losing that momentum grow by the day the longer someone waits.  

Obviously since Crystal can't currently gate the content by tiers they're going to lose that advantage for some passengers anyway, but if they release the itineraries too early they lose momentum on all of the passengers.

Vince

The Eternal Verities:

AIDA

Attention

Interest

Decision

Action

(Yeah, I'm borrowing from Mamet here, but he wasn't wrong.)

• Like 1

I received my email, but alas, nothing jumps out at me right now. There are a few that are quite appealing, but not to Mr B! Actually, many of the itineraries are lovely, just not for us.

After the NYC round trip from October 31st to November 8th, I don’t see the NYC to Florida listed, nor any Caribbean after that, until December 7th from Bridgetown.

On a different note, we received our baggage tags and beautiful welcome letter for November 2nd, Miami to Miami in just a few short weeks. Excitement mounts for our return to Crystal!

I hope everybody finds something that appeals to them in the new itineraries. I definitely recommend the Baltic, and the Adriatic. There are quite a few ports I’ve never heard of at Greek isles. There’s even an overnight at a place in The Netherlands I’ve never heard of!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, May B said:

I received my email, but alas, nothing jumps out at me right now. There are a few that are quite appealing, but not to Mr B! Actually, many of the itineraries are lovely, just not for us.

After the NYC round trip from October 31st to November 8th, I don’t see the NYC to Florida listed, nor any Caribbean after that, until December 7th from Bridgetown.

On a different note, we received our baggage tags and beautiful welcome letter for November 2nd, Miami to Miami in just a few short weeks. Excitement mounts for our return to Crystal!

I hope everybody finds something that appeals to them in the new itineraries. I definitely recommend the Baltic, and the Adriatic. There are quite a few ports I’ve never heard of at Greek isles. There’s even an overnight at a place in The Netherlands I’ve never heard of!

hello, why is it that you received your tags and welcome letter from Crystal?  We are booked for the NY to Quebec cruise scheduled for Oct 13, 2023 and we did not receive anything yet?

• Like 1