Classic Package vs $17 Martini Bar

AMediator

23 hours ago, newfiegirl4 said:

From what I understand is, with the classic pkg there are 3 martinis you can get at the martini bar in a 2 oz glass!! I think the Cosmo, Apple and Pear(not sure about this one). I’m hoping this will stay true for our April cruise. I was on the Silhouette in March but had the premium pkg, but…. I did see the smaller glasses! 
those prices are crazy!!! 
One thing I realized is, if you have premium pkg you need to emphasize to use the better alcohol lol. 🤔 

good to know..We have the  Classic  and  seems I can try the Apple and Pear on diff nights.  

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

good to know..We have the  Classic  and  seems I can try the Apple and Pear on diff nights.  

Just a suggestion, but I'd try to go when they are not packed (just as the 2nd fixed dining starts can be good), as I have seen them be less willing at times, or they will say they don't have the smaller glasses (which may also be true).

11 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Just a suggestion, but I'd try to go when they are not packed (just as the 2nd fixed dining starts can be good), as I have seen them be less willing at times, or they will say they don't have the smaller glasses (which may also be true).

in between seatings is good if they have live music.  Can the bar area waiter  bring it from. the bar?

worst case  is we'd pay the uprade diff plus tip..and I'd pace myself.. alot of alc or sugar not good for me!

On Beyond we avoided the actual bar area..got a seat on  a higher level.. 

Not sure how it will be laid out on ascent??

20 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

All martinis at the martini bar are $17.  No classic package martinis available.  You can get a smaller martini at the other bars in a smaller glass with the classic package.

This seems to vary by ship and sailing — at least it has in the recent past

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Do they pour it with the cheap stuff if you have the Premium package?

I've seen them grab the Tito's when ordering a bloody mary.  You have to say something because they won't ask you, most of the time, which vodka you prefer.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I'm not sure either on Ascent, but I'm sure someone here does...

I looked at a cruise deck plan website and it shows a World Class bar.. but only the  grand atrium(?) without  a marked Martini Bar..that can't be right..??? Will try Celeb deck plans next

8 minutes ago, StephSch said:

I am confused on why everyone is saying the Martini Bar Martinis are $17? Looking at the app they are $13 + Gratuity. I am sailing on Reflection next March. 

My Eclipse 3/2/24 S. America sailing is showing the $17 price. I know gratuity is extra on N American sailings, but I don’t know about S. Am.

Here’s a screenshot from just now.

They also showed some martinis further down the menu at $15.50 and one at $19.50. No idea why

IMG_5713.png

IMG_5715.png

IMG_5714.png

Edited by JaneStarr
To add more info

23 minutes ago, StephSch said:

I am confused on why everyone is saying the Martini Bar Martinis are $17? Looking at the app they are $13 + Gratuity. I am sailing on Reflection next March. 

For our October 2023 Pacific Coastal cruise on the Eclipse all the Martinis are listed as $17.00 on the app. For our September 2024 Alaska cruise on the Edge all Martinis are listed $15/$20 on the app. Different intinaries, different prices. The onboard prices could be different(?). 

Edited by doghog

Hi

On my Silhouette sailing in May they had different prices.

The $15 was on Premium,,,,the $17 if on PP you paid supplements,,,on Classic you paid either the $5 or $7 + Grats.

Also difference from the past was on PP you now get the small glass or pay extra for the large glass.

2 hours ago, lettrich said:

Question about Classic package - Does this also include all non-alcoholic drinks - sodas, bottled water, etc?  If not, I will definitely upgrade to Premium.  

Generally yes but there’s some exceptions. Red Bull, Vitamin Water, Evian. For basic items in each category yes it is included. 

On 9/10/2023 at 12:11 PM, NMTraveller said:

Some do, so you should request a brand.  I watched a bartender pour Tito's into a Grey Goose bottle once on a Celebrity ship, so even requesting you never know. 

Our experience on the classic package was that when you ordered a specialty drink off the menu that was over $10, you were charged the difference. However, we never went to a bar where we couldn't order a standard drink (margarita, martini, etc) made with classic included liquors for free. We didn't have trouble getting non-specialty drinks at the martini bar - it is a bar after all. But I can see them refusing if they are packed and knocking out the $17 martinis non-stop. We had the classic package and ordered a handful of specialty cocktails that were over, but nowhere near it enough to make it worthwhile to upgrade.

7 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Our experience on the classic package was that when you ordered a specialty drink off the menu that was over $10, you were charged the difference. However, we never went to a bar where we couldn't order a standard drink (margarita, martini, etc) made with classic included liquors for free. We didn't have trouble getting non-specialty drinks at the martini bar - it is a bar after all. But I can see them refusing if they are packed and knocking out the $17 martinis non-stop. We had the classic package and ordered a handful of specialty cocktails that were over, but nowhere near it enough to make it worthwhile to upgrade.

You actually paid the drink price difference plus a 20% gratuity. We've never upgraded either but our drink orders are very limited (personal preference) and never went over the CBP limits. Beer, wine, shots and water. No mixed drinks. 

Edited by doghog

15 minutes ago, doghog said:

You actually paid the drink price difference plus a 20% gratuity. We've never upgraded either but our drink orders are very limited (personal preference) and never went over the CBP limits. Beer, wine, shots and water. No mixed drinks. 

Right I know that. Was just pointing out that you don't have to order specialty cocktails off the menu. You can always order basic cocktails with included liquors. 

On 9/10/2023 at 11:11 AM, NMTraveller said:

Just get into the habit of specifying which liquor you want.  Otherwise, you'll probably get what's in the well, no matter what package you have (unless you have a good bartender who knows what you like).

18 hours ago, hcat said:

I looked at a cruise deck plan website and it shows a World Class bar.. but only the  grand atrium(?) without  a marked Martini Bar..that can't be right..??? Will try Celeb deck plans next

Def there...it is the entire  Grand Plaza Area

"Martini Bar | Celebrity Ascent

Our popular Martini Bar - always an attention-seeker on any of our ships - is now the focal point of the entire Grand Plaza. The Chandelier, a breathtaking chandelier-meets-art-installation immediately draws your eye from anywhere in the space. Below its atmospheric glow, the bar curves gracefully∘ around to invite conversation and interaction with our talented flair bar tenders who'll impress you with their gravity-defying skills."

photos ( which I could not copy)  are amazing...but hope acoustics  are improved over past versions.. Def buying  ear plugs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StephSch said:

Someone posted menus from the Eclipse last week. They were all $17

On 9/8/2023 at 9:35 PM, AMediator said:

Hi Everyone 

Thank you to all the amazing people that share information on these forums. I try to read as much as I can before I post. However - I'm not getting a clear answer on this question. Or if I am maybe it's just not logically making sense to me.

I'm cruising on the eclipse in December.  This is my first Celebrity Cruise but about my 30th overall. 

We have purchased the classic package. 

I understand the different levels and quality of alcohol that's available under these packages.

Where I get confused is the drinks on the menus.  It is my understanding that our package covers any drinks under $10 or the type of alcohol that's listed under that package. 

We really didn't see the need to spend so much more on the premier package when we just basically drinking whatever. 

However, this girl likes a good martini and I was very excited about the martini bar. 

I just saw the menu at the martini bar in the martinis are a whopping $17 each.  

My classic package states it only covers drinks up to $10. And in fact there was not one drink on the entire menu that was under $10 with the exception of beer.  

So now I'm kind of asking myself, what did I just commit to. And should I be upgrading to the premier package?

One question that I cannot seem to get answered is this... if I go to the martini bar with the classic package and order a martini am I going to be charged the $17 or am I going to at least get the $10 credit for the classic package and then pay the difference? I mean that seems reasonable right that you would just pay for the upgrade difference and cost if you're going to have one drink outside of the package?

If I'm only going to have a couple martinis this makes sense to me.

But if paying for the classic package denies me the ability to have a martini without paying for it 100 percent separately outright then I've got a problem. 

I'm so excited for you all to weigh in on this....

On 9/8/2023 at 9:35 PM, AMediator said:

Hi Everyone 

Thank you to all the amazing people that share information on these forums. I try to read as much as I can before I post. However - I'm not getting a clear answer on this question. Or if I am maybe it's just not logically making sense to me.

I'm cruising on the eclipse in December.  This is my first Celebrity Cruise but about my 30th overall. 

We have purchased the classic package. 

I understand the different levels and quality of alcohol that's available under these packages.

Where I get confused is the drinks on the menus.  It is my understanding that our package covers any drinks under $10 or the type of alcohol that's listed under that package. 

We really didn't see the need to spend so much more on the premier package when we just basically drinking whatever. 

However, this girl likes a good martini and I was very excited about the martini bar. 

I just saw the menu at the martini bar in the martinis are a whopping $17 each.  

My classic package states it only covers drinks up to $10. And in fact there was not one drink on the entire menu that was under $10 with the exception of beer.  

So now I'm kind of asking myself, what did I just commit to. And should I be upgrading to the premier package?

One question that I cannot seem to get answered is this... if I go to the martini bar with the classic package and order a martini am I going to be charged the $17 or am I going to at least get the $10 credit for the classic package and then pay the difference? I mean that seems reasonable right that you would just pay for the upgrade difference and cost if you're going to have one drink outside of the package?

If I'm only going to have a couple martinis this makes sense to me.

But if paying for the classic package denies me the ability to have a martini without paying for it 100 percent separately outright then I've got a problem. 

I'm so excited for you all to weigh in on this....

The Martini Bar is one of our favourite locations on the ship 🫣

We have cruised many times & only with Celebrity on "M" & "S" class ships.

On all previous cruises, the martini cocktails were fantastic, with a great choice and all made perfectly, however, my friend has just returned from sailing on Reflection and said the martini's are nothing like they used to be, tasted different and not made well.  She couldn't work out why.

Not sure if this is down to the bar tender?

We are sailing on Solstice next month and will judge for ourselves,  however,  we will not upgrade to premium until we trial a few martini's beforehand!

Hope you enjoy Celebrity as much as we do & especially the wonderful Martini Bar.......can't wait for next month 😊