First HAL Cruise in October! Tell me about the Orange party.... Rotterdam....

tymike

Hi all....

The title kind of says it all!  Sailing on the Rotterdam at the end of October and am interested in understanding more about the Orange party.  Does it still happen?  Is it only about just wearing orange or is there more to know and plan for?

Looking forward to a new cruise line after many sailings with Norwegian, Celebrity and a couple on much smaller lines!

You don’t need to wear orange but it adds to the fun if you do.  Doesn’t need to be anything elaborate…an orange feather boa, an orange scarf, orange headband, an orange tie for men, orange t-shirt. It’s held in one of the lounges just music, dancing and free Dutch appies passed around. 

• Like 1

Also note that, at least on the Pinnacle-class ships, the Orange Party is ***LOUD***!  Just noting this because I don't like loud music and I know that there are others that also don't like it.  You (OP) may be okay with it.

But I wear my orange on that evening anyway 😃.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

Also note that, at least on the Pinnacle-class ships, the Orange Party is ***LOUD***!  Just noting this because I don't like loud music and I know that there are others that also don't like it.  You (OP) may be okay with it.

But I wear my orange on that evening anyway 😃.

Don’t go to Rolling Stones ….  I loved it.   

There were special "orange" cocktails available for purchase.  Music & dancing was the major theme.  Some wore orange, but it wasn't required & the shops sell trinkets that are orange.  An orange headband, t shirt, tie- anything to feel part of the fun.  This party is to celebrate HAL's Dutch heritage. Fun & very informal.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

I have seen the staff tell some pax that used the life vests to return them to their rooms... It was a good idea though...

I am glad staff took this attitude.  LIfe vest aren't play things. Nice if pax would take this seriously.

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 3

Thank you one and all for the warm welcome to HAL and all the fun facts!  Our sailing is also over Halloween but don't know if that's even a 'thing' on HAL.  Makes it easy to find orange 'gear' before the cruise though!   🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lelo14 said:

Hello all,

I'm on a holiday cruise over New Year's.  Does anyone know if the Orange Party will coincide with a formal/gala night? Or will they be on separate nights?

Thanks, Laura

A different night than the dressy/gala night.