Going Live! Carnival Venezia NYC 🗽 Canada/NE B2B Sept 16-29

Haljo1935

On 9/10/2023 at 8:18 AM, princess76021 said:

Suggestion: put your box of creamers in a zip lock bag in case of leakage!  From the experienced one 😬😬 have a great cruise!!

Hugs from Texas!

The box of Sweet Italian Cream pods arrived🥳 and are safely zip locked. So, I've packed 2 things - French Vanilla creamer & Sweet Italian Cream creamer. I'm pitiful...🫣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jules8888 said:

We will be joining you on your second leg, and we can’t wait!! We upgraded to a wrap around balcony on the aft and I’m most excited about that, as well!!

Couple questions for you:

Are the cabin walls magnetic?

Did they provide loungers on your balcony, or could you ask for them?

Have fun and see you soon!

All ships I've been on walls are magnetic and I do take hooks. This is my first time on Venezia, too, so maybe people who have been on will help us both out and let us know.

There should be loungers, not just chairs, since you have a large balcony. The last time I was in an aft wrap on Carnival, I had loungers w/o asking. Hoping that is still the norm.

We're in a wrap, too!! We got it specifically for the NY view. I'm beyond excited!! Like the kid who can't sleep at Christmas or their birthday excited.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Work, work, work - there's too much work!! It's really cutting into my packing time. 🧳🧳Thank goodness for creamers and chargers or I'd have nothing packed. 🫣😢

I'm running outta time, people - someone please send the Motivator to my house!!

We got about 15 min of rain yesterday and that distracted me - I had to see it to believe it. When I came back in, I'd lost my will to pack, lol.

I'll get a good couple hours in tonight, though. Or so I tell myself. 

See, here's the problem - because I really don't know what the weather's going to be, I don't know what to pack. And I refuse to overpack. So I'm stuck.

Am I over thinking this? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard - by the 30th cruise, I should be on autopilot, no?

Well, Carnival says they're gonna see me soon, so I'm going to go make an effort. If y'all are the bettin' kind, someone might want to start a pool...

20230912_201925.jpg

20230912_201911.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Work, work, work - there's too much work!! It's really cutting into my packing time. 🧳🧳Thank goodness for creamers and chargers or I'd have nothing packed. 🫣😢

I'm running outta time, people - someone please send the Motivator to my house!!

We got about 15 min of rain yesterday and that distracted me - I had to see it to believe it. When I came back in, I'd lost my will to pack, lol.

I'll get a good couple hours in tonight, though. Or so I tell myself. 

See, here's the problem - because I really don't know what the weather's going to be, I don't know what to pack. And I refuse to overpack. So I'm stuck.

Am I over thinking this? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard - by the 30th cruise, I should be on autopilot, no?

Well, Carnival says they're gonna see me soon, so I'm going to go make an effort. If y'all are the bettin' kind, someone might want to start a pool...

20230912_201925.jpg

20230912_201911.jpg

I don’t know whether to pack for the Bahamas or Canada at this point 🤣

• Haha 4

Walking sticks arrived and are in the suitcase, so now I have another thing packed. They weren't my first choice, but the ones I wanted were out of stock. These have a very nice grip on them; it's curved so it's supposed to be less tiring and put less stress on your wrists. Felt good during a test run around the house.

During an AK cruise when we went to Denali, we were fairly limited on hiking because of the snow ❄ I kept using DH to steady myself & wished I had a walking stick; I think he did, too. 🤭 They will add some weight & take up precious space in 🧳but worth it if we hike more.

DH ate a bag of the trail mix that was meant for the cruise, so I need to pick up another one before Friday. Look - there's really nothing left - why not just finish it?🙄

16945829101165073430939624759929.jpg

16945831043582507397899460472956.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

All ships I've been on walls are magnetic and I do take hooks. This is my first time on Venezia, too, so maybe people who have been on will help us both out and let us know.

There should be loungers, not just chairs, since you have a large balcony. The last time I was in an aft wrap on Carnival, I had loungers w/o asking. Hoping that is still the norm.

We're in a wrap, too!! We got it specifically for the NY view. I'm beyond excited!! Like the kid who can't sleep at Christmas or their birthday excited.🤣

In my room a month ago it had multiple hooks (4-5?) on the walls that are permanent. As for magnetic, I wouldn't know as I went along and brought a backpack! I did see where people had to hang their door decoration magnets next to their door as they were not magnetic. European design? No idea!

The lounger, I have had guest services tell me they aren't allowed to bring you one for your balcony which is BS. Ask your room steward and I am sure they will happily get one for you.

Just note, the sea days have a high chance of fog and rain heading up that way this time of year. You may hear the horn blow every two minutes to warn other vessels. Fingers crossed your room is far enough back that you won't hear it all night!

Have a grand time! The ship is beautiful and the staff was great. MarQ is a great cruise director for sure.

Will follow along to pass the working hours!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 10:20 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Haljo1935🙂

I have family going on Venezia the 29th, the day you get back to New York. A 15-night Southern Caribbean Carnival Journeys voyage, September 29th to October 14th. 

Venezia will be sailing to Grand Turk; Aruba; Curacao; Barbados; St Lucia; St Maarten and St Thomas. 

Have a terrific cruise!

🍹

I'll be there 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riles34 said:

In my room a month ago it had multiple hooks (4-5?) on the walls that are permanent. As for magnetic, I wouldn't know as I went along and brought a backpack! I did see where people had to hang their door decoration magnets next to their door as they were not magnetic. European design? No idea!...

Just note, the sea days have a high chance of fog and rain heading up that way this time of year. You may hear the horn blow every two minutes to warn other vessels. Fingers crossed your room is far enough back that you won't hear it all night!

I will definitely update about magnetic walls and ability to use hooks - those are packed. In full disclosure, they were never unpacked from the last cruise, they just live in the suitcase 🫣

Every large balcony I've ever had has had both loungers and chairs; I will be very disappointed if I don't have them this time. I had read posts from others on Venezia w/large balconies that they had loungers 🤞

We're in an aft wrap, so hopefully far enough back to miss some of the horns...and large enough for a lounger 🤔

I do like some fog, though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I will definitely update about magnetic walls and ability to use hooks - those are packed. In full disclosure, they were never unpacked from the last cruise, they just live in the suitcase 🫣

Every large balcony I've ever had has had both loungers and chairs; I will be very disappointed if I don't have them this time. I had read posts from others on Venezia w/large balconies that they had loungers 🤞

We're in an aft wrap, so hopefully far enough back to miss some of the horns...and large enough for a lounger 🤔

I do like some fog, though.

Just not "The Fog"😅

The Fog (1980) - 2018 Halloween Movies TV Schedule - Halloween Movie ...

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, DisneyDatknee said:

I don’t know whether to pack for the Bahamas or Canada at this point 🤣

We are on this same cruise and since I have no idea where we are headed I just put things in the bag and will hope for the best.  Our first time sailing from NYC and certainly stressful.   Flying out in the morning . . . .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HappySails4U said:

We are on this same cruise and since I have no idea where we are headed I just put things in the bag and will hope for the best.  Our first time sailing from NYC and certainly stressful.   Flying out in the morning . . . .

Yes I think we'll find out where we're going when we get there. I'm ok with that, but I am really looking forward to all the ports we're supposed to go to and hope we don't lose all of them.

What I do know, is I have zero control, so I will enjoy whatever is in store for us.🙂

Safe travels!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 9:31 PM, Haljo1935 said:

All ships I've been on walls are magnetic and I do take hooks. This is my first time on Venezia, too, so maybe people who have been on will help us both out and let us know…

We got it specifically for the NY view. I'm beyond excited!! Like the kid who can't sleep at Christmas or their birthday excited.

I don’t know about magnetic walls, but I can tell you in Venezia cabins there are three large hooks on the wall, like for jackets, hats, bathrobes, etc. near the entry door. Also a hook on the inside of the bathroom door. Very convenient.

I live in NYC and have sailed in and out of the West Side passenger ship terminal 7 times. It never gets old! If you stand during sailaway on the port side, you’ll see the magnificent Manhattan skyline; starboard gives you New Jersey and the Statue of Liberty. And sailing under the Verrazano Narrows bridge is thrilling; the bridge appears to curve around you as you look up while passing under it.

Have a great cruise! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, carol louise said:

...I live in NYC and have sailed in and out of the West Side passenger ship terminal 7 times. It never gets old! If you stand during sailaway on the port side, you’ll see the magnificent Manhattan skyline; starboard gives you New Jersey and the Statue of Liberty. And sailing under the Verrazano Narrows bridge is thrilling; the bridge appears to curve around you as you look up while passing under it.

Have a great cruise! 

Happy to hear you think it will be a nice sail away. We're in a port aft wrap - do you think that gives us enough view to see Statue of Liberty or would we still need to go over to Starboard side?

15 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Happy to hear you think it will be a nice sail away. We're in a port aft wrap - do you think that gives us enough view to see Statue of Liberty or would we still need to go over to Starboard side?

You’ll see the Statue of Liberty over to your left as soon as the ship passes it, I would think. I’d suggest going out to one of the public decks, starboard side, to get the best and longest view. Of course, you just have to get up early to see it from your balcony on the return trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the clock is certainly ticking down and I'm leaving on a jet plane...I liked that song. Hard to imagine John Denver was in his early 20's when he wrote it. Storyline has zero, nada, zip to do with cruising other than I will be taking a plane trip. 🙄✈️

Carnival has not made changes to the itinerary so for now the plan is still the plan. Weather shows to be high 60s - mid 70s for most of the 2 weeks, so I replaced a jacket w/corduroy big shirt and threw in a couple extra 👕. I have a very lightweight rain jacket and small umbrella 🌂. Now for shoes - I pack light on shoes: usually 1 pair flip flops for bopping around the 🚢 and going to the spa, 1 pair black shoes for dressy night and 1 other pair for port days. For those of you keeping track, that's 3 pairs of shoes total. I'm struggling w/taking my boots since it could rain. They take up a lot of room in the suitcase & they're heavy. And no, I won't wear them to save the room; I just cannot handle that much on my feet for that many hours. So, what to do? Once I solve that little dilemma, the rest of the packing will go quickly.

Packing - still need to grab some more trail mix to replace what DH ate. Told DS I am not hauling cokes for her - she can take her own or pick some up on way to/from hotel. Already put tea bags in suitcase, so I think the trail mix is it. 

Very heavy work day again tomorrow and Fri morning, so I will probably be ready for a nap 😴going to NY. Lord, please do not let me snore.🙄🫣  And definitely ready to hit the spa!! I'm looking forward to relaxing.

We have only booked 4 excursions; 3 through ship, 1 independent. Plan on doing the Mail Run and hoping to find something else at port. Thought we had day long tour in Cape Breton, but they stopped communicating - very disappointing. I'm hesitant to book now even if they call - if they don't call to book, who says they'll show up for the tour? That's their process - you contact them w/the tour you want & they call to take payment and confirm booking.

Here's tonight's countdown - cat says he's ready for bed, so I guess that means I'm done for tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot - look how the first leg is all gray. Strange...

20230913_230125.jpg

20230913_230109.jpg

• Like 4

What an energetic and fun thread this is!  Almost makes me wish I was going.

I'm not, but my wife and her best friend are checking in for their flight in a couple of hours.  Flying into LaGuardia tomorrow morning.  Like everyone, we have been hoping that Lee does not drop off the key in the NYC area.  Thankfully, it looks like the hurricane is going to have a minimal impact on Manhattan....though us Texas folks know that anything can happen with these storms.

My wife is not one of the flexible, happy people that will just be glad to take a cruise wherever it goes.  She has been really looking forward to the New England/Canadian views and stops.  It is starting to look possible.

If the hurricane continues to weaken and goes into Halifax as a tropical storm on Saturday evening, the surf may be subsided in NY by late Saturday afternoon and the Canadian ports may not take too much damage.

She is packing for Canada and hoping the best-case scenario plays out.  I hope it does for all of her cruise mates as well.  Safe travels to all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JCrewz said:

What an energetic and fun thread this is!  Almost makes me wish I was going....

My wife is not one of the flexible, happy people that will just be glad to take a cruise wherever it goes.  She has been really looking forward to the New England/Canadian views and stops.  It is starting to look possible...

She is packing for Canada and hoping the best-case scenario plays out.  I hope it does for all of her cruise mates as well.  Safe travels to all.

Thanks @JCrewz for stopping by.

Like your wife, I am really looking forward to seeing Canada 🇨🇦 and NE and packed for them. I'm not team "the ship is my destination, the ports don't matter." I cruise for the ports and booked these 2 (B2B) almost 2 years ago, so I will be disappointed if we don't go there. However, I don't stress about what I cannot control, so I will enjoy myself and have a great cruise no matter where I'm going. I just have fingers crossed 🤞 that's Canada 🇨🇦 & NE. 🙂

Forecasts look promising. 🤫

I hope your wife gets the cruise she wants!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, HappySails4U said:

Weather forecast right now looks like an amazing time in Canada.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, skywalkr2 said:

Weather forecast right now looks like an amazing time in Canada.

It does! Just a matter of getting out of NYC and getting there safely. I'm hoping that even if there's some rough seas in Lee's wake early, maybe they could sail south a bit and change port days/times at worst... but it looks way better today than it has all week!

• Like 5