Earliest Flight Orlando

MSPCUBS

50 minutes ago, MSPCUBS said:

I will be on an NCL cruise in February.   The ship returns to Port Canaveral at 7 AM.  What is the earliest time that I can book a flight home from Orlando?

Can or should? I probably would not book before 12PM, but it depends on where you are going to. If my choices were try to make an 11AM flight and the next flight was 4PM, I'd try to make the 11AM flight.

I would not buy into the people who will show up and say, "well we made a 9:30AM flight", Go with the odds, plan for unseen delays and book something that doesn't rely on everything going perfect to make an early flight.

Agree with the above post. We try to book flights around 1pm. We never rush off the ship. Have a leisurely breakfast in the MDR and then go relax in the Java Blue area and have a cup of coffee or two. At around 9-9:30am head down grab our luggage and on our way to the airport.

Thank you for the advice.  I booked air through NCL as it was 2 for 1.  (I have not yet made final payment.). In checking on my own, I can get the same price on American.  The outbound is non-stop and the return would be 1 stop.  The only issue is that on the return, the flight leaves at 11:07

It is the latest for that price.

So, do I keep the NCL flights, not knowing what I will get?

5 minutes ago, MSPCUBS said:

The only issue is that on the return, the flight leaves at 11:07. It is the latest for that price. So, do I keep the NCL flights, not knowing what I will get?

Is it the latest, or just the latest for that price? How much more is a different return? Can you get a non-stop return for a little bit more? 11:07AM is doable with self walk off and transportation you arrange. It is more rushed than I like to be at the end of a relaxing vacation. We too prefer to stay on the ship as long as possible, enjoy nice breakfast and avoid the panic in getting off.

I would only do an 11 am flight if you have private transport and can be at MCO by 9am to check luggage and have PreCheck or CLEAR.  MCO is terrible with luggage drop off and security.  All those families coming back from Disney with no clue what to do and thinking exceptions will be made "for children".  

• Haha 2

We are on Wonder out of PC.  Our flight leaves at 410.  
I tried looking to see how late we can stay on board but wasn’t able to pinpoint the exact time.  

We cannot check out luggage until 1210 at the airport.  I tried to see if we could pay $50 pp for the lounge at the airport but maximum is 3 hours.  

I have no idea what we’re doing when we exit the ship until checking our bags at 1210.   

Do we just have to sit in the food area at the airport until 1210 then check go through security and check the bags?

On 9/17/2023 at 11:36 AM, audcc77 said:

I tried looking to see how late we can stay on board but wasn’t able to pinpoint the exact time.  

We cannot check out luggage until 1210 at the airport.  I tried to see if we could pay $50 pp for the lounge at the airport but maximum is 3 hours.  

I have no idea what we’re doing when we exit the ship until checking our bags at 1210.   

Do we just have to sit in the food area at the airport until 1210 then check go through security and check the bags?

There is a luggage storage place in Terminal B or you might be able to use skycap luggage drop, then grab a rideshare to Disney Springs

Edited by Elaine5715

On 9/17/2023 at 8:36 AM, audcc77 said:

When I have time to kill at MCO, I usually do it at the Hyatt Regency in the airport. They have day rates available, if you'd like to shower, use the pool etc. If not, then just dine at McCoy's and chill.

I am member of the Sky Club (Delta) and Admiral's Club (American) and I know I've stayed more than three hours in each between flights. Maybe it is different for one time access, but I can't see someone at either club tracking you down and tossing you at three hours and one minute.

3 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

I can't see someone at either club tracking you down and tossing you at three hours and one minute.

LOL.  This is just a club for the public.  Not affiliated with any airline.  

I am spending a ton of money on this cruise and I don’t mind spending another 100$, but that’s the limit.  My DH hates cruising and just trying to make things easier.  

Thanks for the info👍

On 9/17/2023 at 1:06 PM, audcc77 said:

How late you can stay on board is a cruise line policy,  so I would ask on the RCI board. But it's rare to allow pax to stay on beyond 9:30.

47 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

LOL.  This is just a club for the public.  Not affiliated with any airline. 

Then, do check the airline lounges too. Some credit cards come with airline lounge privileges, some airlines have reciprocal agreements and some offer day passes. Depending on the time of year, the day pass at the Hyatt Regency can be very reasonable.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Then, do check the airline lounges too. Some credit cards come with airline lounge privileges, some airlines have reciprocal agreements and some offer day passes. Depending on the time of year, the day pass at the Hyatt Regency can be very reasonable.

Really?  I have an American Airlines cc with a ton of points on it.   Is that worth checking?

even if you don't want to do a day room at the airport Hyatt .... head up there ..... outside of the checkin desk is a very large lounge area with chairs and couches etc ..... is is reasonably quiet and WAY better than any gate waiting area and FREE ....