Shareholder Benefit (and other OBC)

blueexpedition29

5 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

I own NCL stock and I was turned down for the on board credit on our upcoming cruise. The reason given was that I had bought the cruise through a discount travel agent. I've booked Seabourn though them in the past and gotten my Carnival benefits.  They stated that they had an obligation to their shareholders. But I am a shareholder, so I really think this is bad public relations.

We had the same thing happen to us on NCLH sister line Oceania when we took advantage of a Florida residents' special offer.  The terms and conditions of the shareholder benefit do note it cannot be combined with other offers and some fare categories.  So, need to weigh the discount versus the OBC value--in our case the $1,000 fare discount well outweighed the $100 OBC we would have received.  

I booked a cruise last week for August 30, 2025.  I sent in the shareholder credit yesterday, via email.  I received confirmation this morning.  Apparently if you can book the cruise you can claim the credit with no limitation on the long end.  I think there is a cut-off for claiming the credit close to cruise date.

On 9/16/2023 at 5:58 AM, kittyanne said:

I own NCL stock and I was turned down for the on board credit on our upcoming cruise. The reason given was that I had bought the cruise through a discount travel agent. I've booked Seabourn though them in the past and gotten my Carnival benefits.  They stated that they had an obligation to their shareholders. But I am a shareholder, so I really think this is bad public relations.

I was also just denied the Shareholder Benefit. This was the reason "This booking has a promotion which offers a significant discount and is not combinable with the Shareholder Benefit.". Guess if you don't pay published price you don't get any benefit.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

On 9/27/2023 at 8:15 AM, Jlhalldc said:

I submitted my shareholder benefit request on September 21 for our Grandeur August 24, 2024 cruise. Heard back from Regent via email that they'd applied it to my account on September 26. 

I can top that....  Sent my shareholder request in yesterday at 12:28pm and got the approval email at  4:10pm the same day😁

Edited by mnocket
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 10:54 AM, PhD-iva said:

I submitted my request on 2 September, and I just received an email that it has been processed. I did wait until after final payment date to submit the request.

Again, no need to wait. Can do immediately after booking even if cruise is years away.

6 hours ago, edgee said:

Again, no need to wait. Can do immediately after booking even if cruise is years away.

I guess that’s so, but I found a different experience on sisterline Oceania. If I submitted the forms “too early” nothing happened. On the second or third submission (still way early), I received an email saying I had to wait until closer to the sail date……

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

I guess that’s so, but I found a different experience on sisterline Oceania. If I submitted the forms “too early” nothing happened. On the second or third submission (still way early), I received an email saying I had to wait until closer to the sail date……

I have heard that, but I put in a request to Oceania in July for a cruise one year out and it was approved. Perhaps they have lightened up on their tendency to be overly bureaucratic.

• Like 1