One Dollar Deposit

CNSJ

16 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

If those people that hold HAL in disdain would go the Celebrity's forum. Then they'd know what disdain is. They are charging more and taking away more

I do read Celebrity's forum. And HAL's. And several others. 

For me, I'd sum up as:  HAL's restart from COVID has been slow and many things are missing. Whether or not they reappear will have a major bearing on whether or not I book with HAL on any longer cruises, but I may book a shorter one.  On the other hand, Celebrity came out of the restart going gangbusters. I had three fabulous cruises with them in 2021 and 2022. Then the bottom somehow fell out in January 2023 and it's been a $#!/ storm ever since then with changes being made, walked back, trialled, recalled, etc. 

I wouldn't preferentially choose either line right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, deliver42 said:

If those people that hold HAL in disdain would go the Celebrity's forum. Then they'd know what disdain is. They are charging more and taking away more

Many people in an uproar on the Princess board too, due to recent changes.

I am a newbie to HAL. I am a seasoned cruiser, mostly on Celebrity.  Saw this $1 deposit and found a sailing that interested me so booked it for May 2025.  I do hope to go.  Don’t know much about HAL except what friends have told me about their past sailings - some years back.  

36 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

I am a newbie to HAL. I am a seasoned cruiser, mostly on Celebrity.  Saw this $1 deposit and found a sailing that interested me so booked it for May 2025.  I do hope to go.  Don’t know much about HAL except what friends have told me about their past sailings - some years back.  

Welcome to HAL. Hope that you will be able to sail and enjoy the pleasures of cruising.

That said, don't hesitate to cancel if it doesn't work for you. Or, if you can get a better deal elsewhere. Before Final Payment, check the vacancies on the ship. A lot of vacancies means that there will be a significant price cut before the ship sails.

24 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Welcome to HAL. Hope that you will be able to sail and enjoy the pleasures of cruising.

That said, don't hesitate to cancel if it doesn't work for you. Or, if you can get a better deal elsewhere. Before Final Payment, check the vacancies on the ship. A lot of vacancies means that there will be a significant price cut before the ship sails.

THanks!

• Like 1