Online Check-In to select boarding time.

CDaze71

What's the minimum information needed to select your boarding time when check-in opens (16 and 14 days before)? 

I won't be near a computer when check in opens, but will be super keen just to select my boarding time. Can I fill in everything else, print my boarding pass and luggage tag (say a week later), once I get back to my computer, without losing my boarding time selection ? Thanks. 

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

you can select arrival time only and then later on go back to add in all of the required information 

I believe this is correct, although I have always went all the way to completion. Also keep in mind whether it's 14 or 16 days it is midnight Eastern time if you want to be among the first to check in.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

For a B2B, does it matter what you select for boarding time 2nd week? I was surprised to it actually had the full selection of boarding times listed.

No, it doesn't. But you still have to do it. The online process is exactly the same but ignored once onboard where you'll get instructions delivered to your cabin.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jsglow said:

No, it doesn't. But you still have to do it. The online process is exactly the same but ignored once onboard where you'll get instructions delivered to your cabin.

Thanks @jsglow I've sailed Carnival quite a bit and done many B2B, just not on Carnival. So excited!!

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Curious why Carnival's website states checkin is only needed for the first cruise of a B2B?

4 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Curious why Carnival's website states checkin is only needed for the first cruise of a B2B?

Because when you go through the embarkation process of the second cruise they can check you in at the pier. It just makes it easier on them if you do it before hand.

57 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Because when you go through the embarkation process of the second cruise they can check you in at the pier. It just makes it easier on them if you do it before hand.

Yeah, you could be using a different credit card, for example.  It's just better and easier to do it as normal. Frankly I didn't know there was any other way.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

There is no pier checkin for the second cruise.  They will give you a transit pass to return to the ship after zeroing down, you just have to go through security.  If there are enough B2B cruisers, they will do the process onboard and you don’t have to go into the terminal at all unless you want to.  EM

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Where does the website state checking is only needed for first leg of a B2B? My 2nd leg had the check-in link active until I used it to check in.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Where does the website state checking is only needed for first leg of a B2B? My 2nd leg had the check-in link active until I used it to check in.

Here's the link to Carnival. I may be reading it wrong, but looks to me like check in for the second cruise takes place either onboard or back out in the terminal.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4529/~/back-to-back-cruises

• Thanks 1

As technoge said, you only select your check in time. You do not select a boarding time. Check in time is when you can enter the terminal. Boarding time is when you will be allowed to board the ship, that is determined by the cruiseline and ship. Two different things often confused here on CC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2023 at 8:42 PM, teknoge3k said:

Just to clarify, you pick a port arrival time, not a boarding time. You do not select your boarding time. The arrival time is when you should go to the port, unless you're a priority guest.

Yep sorry, I meant Arrival Time.

I am Platinum and this will open 16 days before the cruise and I'll not be near a computer. 

• Like 1