Vista and Hurricane Lee

FLcruiser2011

Big change in itinerary.  We were just told that after Vista's stop in St. John, New Brunswick, Wednesday, the ship is going to race straight to New York -- skipping Bar Harbor, skipping Boston, skipping Newport, and docking in New York Friday morning.

Anyone know where we are going to dock in New York?  If in Manhattan, that's pretty good news.  If in Brooklyn or New Jersey, we will be more distressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Big change in itinerary.  We were just told that after Vista's stop in St. John, New Brunswick, Wednesday, the ship is going to race straight to New York -- skipping Bar Harbor, skipping Boston, skipping Newport, and docking in New York Friday morning.

Anyone know where we are going to dock in New York?  If in Manhattan, that's pretty good news.  If in Brooklyn or New Jersey, we will be more distressed.

They usually dock in Manhattan but coming in earlier   they may have to use a different location

No change on the port schedule yet

https://nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/schedule-mct/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in NB and they have issued a Tropical Cyclone Warning for the area.  Lee is moving faster than expected.  Projecting it will start impacting the Fundy Coast of NB (Saint John) Friday evening.  If I was on board, I would want the captain to beat it out of Maine/NB coastal area and get clear of here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WayneLaR said:

I'm in NB and they have issued a Tropical Cyclone Warning for the area.  Lee is moving faster than expected.  Projecting it will start impacting the Fundy Coast of NB (Saint John) Friday evening.  If I was on board, I would want the captain to beat it out of Maine/NB coastal area and get clear of here.

Yes friends in N.S. are battening down the hatches

Be safe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Earlier this year we were on a Australia/NZ cruise (different line) and we were diverted due to a cyclone hitting northern NZ.  We had to sail up the 'back side' of the storm on the west coast of NZ towards Auckland (we missed 2 ports because of it).  Don't know what your relative position to the storm will be as you head for NYC, but you may want to be prepared to admire the incredible skill and talents of the ship's captain and crew safely navigating some rough waters!  Be safe out there!!

39 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Interesting

So the TA's get an overnight  onboard

We are doing back to back mont mia, mia to lax. We were offered to stay onboard,and are scheduled to go to a Cay for a day.  It will be Interesting to see how agents act. 

• Like 1

They are having several VIP "sailings" between segments of Vista's first time in port.  They are doing it in Miami (14 - 16OCT) and LAX (01NOV - 03NOV) too.   Those doing a B2B through Miami are able to stay onboard ( an invite was sent last April)...before the invite, we were planning on being off the ship for the 2 days in Miami.  The VIPs onboard are assigned cabins and not sleeping "all over the ship".  

• Like 1

Just now, kibutzer said:

We are doing back to back mont mia, mia to lax. We were offered to stay onboard,and are scheduled to go to a Cay for a day.  It will be Interesting to see how agents act. 

It won't be just agents but O personnel from Miami HQ, media, travel bloggers, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GICNJC said:

that is what i understand from this fellow passender.  It happened once before, and he said there were TA sleeping (after all thier free drinking) sleeping all over the ship

In the past we have been lucky  with the TA's  showing  they were just on for  the day  no overnight stays

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

In the past we have been lucky  with the TA's  showing  they were just on for  the day  no overnight stays

Generally it is just a few hours during turn around day.  Since Vista is a brand new ship and first time in US, O is doing a few 2 day/1 night sailings to give VIPs a more in depth experience.  Also, there will be several marketing presentations in the lounge/theater.  The MIA sailing is going to their private island.  The number of "clients" on board will be minimal and the invite indicated that venues/dining areas might be closed/booked during the 2 days so given fair warning..

1 minute ago, basor said:

Generally it is just a few hours during turn around day.  Since Vista is a brand new ship and first time in US, O is doing a few 2 day/1 night sailings to give VIPs a more in depth experience.  Also, there will be several marketing presentations in the lounge/theater.  The MIA sailing is going to their private island.  The number of "clients" on board will be minimal and the invite indicated that venues/dining areas might be closed/booked during the 2 days so given fair warning..

We were on Marina  after she hit the USA  but  it was TA  for a day  in SFO

Maybe  with the overnights  they  will be able to  get more TA's  to book with Oceania  😉

1 hour ago, basor said:

Can I ask how you know this? Are you a TA?

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

Can I ask how you know this? Are you a TA?

I am on the VISTA B2B sailings so was one of the lucky ones to be invited to stay onboard during the 2 day/1 night sailing out of Miami.  All of this information was given to me by my TA when she called O to confirm we would accept their offer.   We were warned that we would not have free run of the ship due to the activities.  We are fine with that as not having to pack up and then 2 days later return and unpack - staying in the same cabin for both cruises and the Miami interlude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, basor said:

I am on the VISTA B2B sailings so was one of the lucky ones to be invited to stay onboard during the 2 day/1 night sailing out of Miami.  All of this information was given to me by my TA when she called O to confirm we would accept their offer.   We were warned that we would not have free run of the ship due to the activities.  We are fine with that as not having to pack up and then 2 days later return and unpack - staying in the same cabin for both cruises and the Miami interlude.

Yeah, I always thought your TA sounded familiar, so all this information confused me. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cruiserdotcom said:

Is there any change in the itinerary for Vista for the sailing starting this Sunday?  Friends are booked but have not heard from Oceania.

The cruise starts Monday  right??

They  may be waiting to see  what ports are  still viable   the storm is heading for N.S  & may be  past by  Monday

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/114448.shtml?mltoa34#contents

JMO

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cruiserdotcom said:

Yes, Monday sailing.  Thanks for the info.  Hope it goes.

The ship will go someplace 

no one knows at this point if the ports will have any damage or not

Fingers crossed those that live in the path of Lee  will be  OK

• Like 2

On Vista now, Friday.  She missed east coast ports because of Hurrican Lee.  The weather today, and projected for a few more days, as sunny with some clouds,  It is warm in the sun but need nylon windbreaker for the shady areas.