I'm from US, do I need to fill out any Canadian entrance apps before embarkation?

Kitty Ellas Mom

I'm on Caribbean Princess 10 day Canada / New England cruise next week, departing from Brooklyn and ending in Quebec.  I've been told that there's an app I need to have on my phone and filled out before I get to the airport to come home from Quebec, and it's a Canadian one, I can't remember the name (I don't think it was ArriveCan).

I will go back and find out what that was, but my question now is, do I have to have something like that before I embark in Brooklyn?  Nobody has told me that but I thought to ask since I'd need one later, when I go through immigration during my layover from Quebec back to DC.  So it seems like I need one to get back in the US from Canada but I don't know if I need one to enter Canada from the US.

A couple of weeks ago on Holland, we all had to fill out paper Canadian customs forms and drop them off at Guest Services before our first Canadian port call. So the app doesn't seem to be an option. I will say, it is great when you are flying into Canada. It probably saved us 30 or 40 minutes at YUL.