Seascape - 10 Sep 2023 - First Time MSC - Yacht Club Review

Hutcha

1 hour ago, ajusaf said:

Hello all, I'll be going on board Oct 15, which is roughly 22-23 days out.  I'll be doing the 15 day/ 14-night cruise and just got notified yesterday that i was accepted into YC.  I bided for interior stateroom YC but I got upgraded to Balcony YC 🙂  originally I had regular balcony before my bid.  In 2022 I did  NCL Haven (loved it), MSC seashore and Divina non YC balcony which embarking and disembarking was a nightmare.  I'm looking forward to the YC experience.

Congrat's!!! 14 days of restful luxury. You will be spoiled. Hope you have a blast!!

On 9/19/2023 at 8:08 PM, Hutcha said:

the wave runner excursion.

The excursion is well worth the price. We were a little worried, at the start, because there was a lot of waiting around in the sun. Once we got to the actual watercraft, we were assigned a number based on if we were comfortable going fast or not. Slow pokes in the back! It was almost an hour of going full throttle, zig zagging back and forth, as we made our way to three different spots around the island. At one stop, we could jump off and spend some time in waist deep water. You did have to stay in line, but there was usually 50-100 yards between each other.

Would you recommend wave runner excursion for novices?

thanks

3 hours ago, Saving Up To Be Eccentric said:

Question on the Jungle Pool: Do you have to walk through the buffet to get to the pool, or can the general population take the lifts closer (that are right at the YC rooms) for that pool?

You are correct. Lifts to 16 just outside YC are the most busy as guests with plates of food from the buffet walk through the Jungle pool to get to these lifts and do not use the stairs for one or two decks.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 3:14 PM, Hutcha said:

We really enjoyed Ocean Cay. I'd like to do an itinerary that overnights there. The landscape was beautiful, and the beaches were very nice. I wish we would have explored it more, but that was how I felt about the whole week. We're pretty chill and not the go-go-go type. A B2B would have been great. It would give the chance to do things the 2nd week that you could not the first.

We have done a couple of B2B where we do normal ship the first leg and YC the second.

Stretches the budget and  tend to do more things that the YC sucks you away from. 

First week do everything, ports, ship, speciality, shows, bars etc,  a bit of adjustment to avoid the crazy periods/places makes it tolerable.

Second leg it all about maxing out the YC, venture out for very specific options.

Thanks for the insight from your trip very interesting,  we are  limited to experience from Virtuosa in the winter.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

... guests with plates of food from the buffet walk through the Jungle pool to get to these lifts ...

On our Seaside cruise that ended last week, there were multiple announcements "reminding" people to not remove food from the buffet area for "sanitary purposes." I found that surprising because I thought that buffet food could always be taken anywhere. (We're YC so we don't eat at the buffet but happened to hear the announcements while we were walking around outside of YC.) I would think this would be an interesting rule to try to enforce...

On 9/24/2023 at 2:20 AM, Saving Up To Be Eccentric said:

Question on the Jungle Pool: Do you have to walk through the buffet to get to the pool, or can the general population take the lifts closer (that are right at the YC rooms) for that pool?

General population. Is that what people who are not sailing in a YC suite really called? Wow. 

24 minutes ago, ashleyriley said:

General population. Is that what people who are not sailing in a YC suite really called? Wow. 

That's what a few YC cruisers called it in their reviews. Well, "gen pop" which sounds like particularly dull muzac. I'm not going to be in the YC rooms, so wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to be roped off to the likes of me.

On 9/23/2023 at 8:36 AM, ajusaf said:

Hello all, I'll be going on board Oct 15, which is roughly 22-23 days out.  I'll be doing the 15 day/ 14-night cruise and just got notified yesterday that i was accepted into YC.  I bided for interior stateroom YC but I got upgraded to Balcony YC 🙂  originally I had regular balcony before my bid.  In 2022 I did  NCL Haven (loved it), MSC seashore and Divina non YC balcony which embarking and disembarking was a nightmare.  I'm looking forward to the YC experience.

Exact same cruise, bid, and result---lucky us---see you there! 🙂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BeeeJay said:

Exact same cruise, bid, and result---lucky us---see you there! 🙂

Congrats, I bided the max.  I didn't want to take a risk at first so, I started with $700 and pushed it to $1100 to try to be sure to lock it in.  That bid was for interior room and I remember the deluxe balcony started at $2600, so I def got a good deal on the double bump and YC experience.   Are you also on the 16th floor? My room is right by the top sail area   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ajusaf said:

Congrats, I bided the max.  I didn't want to take a risk at first so, I started with $700 and pushed it to $1100 to try to be sure to lock it in.  That bid was for interior room and I remember the deluxe balcony started at $2600, so I def got a good deal on the double bump and YC experience.   Are you also on the 16th floor? My room is right by the top sail area   

I was on the lower end for this one but I updated to bid max on following cruises cause I don’t think I will want to go from Yacht Club back to Gen Pop over a few hundred dollars

4 hours ago, BeeeJay said:

I was on the lower end for this one but I updated to bid max on following cruises cause I don’t think I will want to go from Yacht Club back to Gen Pop over a few hundred dollars

Lower end in the $650+?  Damn I could have saved $800+ then.  Where you originally booked in a balcony bella or?

6 minutes ago, BeeeJay said:
34 minutes ago, ajusaf said:

Lower end in the $650+?  Damn I could have saved $800+ then.  Where you originally booked in a balcony bella or?

Yes from Bella balcony for $775 * 2 BUT I had already paid a combo package for drinks/internet AND the drink upgrade alone for $280 per person.  So some of the amenities I had already paid separately, I think it ends up being close to the same amount. 

It goes with the territory one will overbid to have a better chance.  Once I received for the first two week cruise I maxed the bid on my following cruises figuring it would suck to go back down.  Still could go back or get the interior.  I’m fine either way.  I have really low expectations of cruising after a really bad NCL cruise last winter where the bar service was horrible and our upgraded amenities package was a train wreck.  

Edited by BeeeJay

11 minutes ago, BeeeJay said:

I have really low expectations of cruising after a really bad NCL cruise last winter where the bar service was horrible and our upgraded amenities package was a train wreck.  

Not bad,  only a difference of $300 in bidding.  You need to call MSC to be sure they refund your money regarding drink and internet package since it’s included for YC.  This will be my 3rd time sailing MSC, but third different ship.

My NCL experience was great but I had Haven so it’s def a different experience.  That one I bidded $600 pp and snagged it as well but that time we only had 1200 people on board. 

Since I’m planning to show up earlier than my boarding time I’ll most likely be between top sail and market place. Enjoying food until my room is ready.  This seems to be identical ship to seashore so I’m pretty sure I’ll find my way around rather easily. 

5 minutes ago, ajusaf said:

Not bad,  only a difference of $300 in bidding.  You need to call MSC to be sure they refund your money regarding drink and internet package since it’s included for YC.  This will be my 3rd time sailing MSC, but third different ship.

My NCL experience was great but I had Haven so it’s def a different experience.  That one I bidded $600 pp and snagged it as well but that time we only had 1200 people on board. 

Since I’m planning to show up earlier than my boarding time I’ll most likely be between top sail and market place. Enjoying food until my room is ready.  This seems to be identical ship to seashore so I’m pretty sure I’ll find my way around rather easily. 

it is specifically stated in the terms that those previous upgrades are not refunded, but I believe that portion of "total cost" plays into the upgrade bid formula as despite bidding less, my total marginal revenue is higher because I've already paid a package that is included.

35 minutes ago, BeeeJay said:

it is specifically stated in the terms that those previous upgrades are not refunded, but I believe that portion of "total cost" plays into the upgrade bid formula as despite bidding less, my total marginal revenue is higher because I've already paid a package that is included.

IMG_7054.png

• Like 1