club points

lightsleeper

I just sailed two segments, Rome to Barcelona then Barcelona to Lisbon.  Those individuals on the first segment were awarded a club point as were those on the second segment. Two points were given out. But, I was only awarded one club point, since my journey was labeled as Rome to Lisbon. Fair? 

We have another two segment cruise booked and I want the applicable points to advance up the club ladder, Suggestions

Joe

This was explained to me on board. If booking two separate cruises the price is higher and thus you actually pay more and get more cruise credits. My booking for Jan 31 24  for 18 days on Vista was going to cost $1200 more if booked separately.

I don't like it. I think the only fair way would be to give you credit for each day on board. We have done a lot of long cruises and those days add up.

1 hour ago, lightsleeper said:

I just sailed two segments, Rome to Barcelona then Barcelona to Lisbon.  Those individuals on the first segment were awarded a club point as were those on the second segment. Two points were given out. But, I was only awarded one club point, since my journey was labeled as Rome to Lisbon. Fair? 

We have another two segment cruise booked and I want the applicable points to advance up the club ladder, Suggestions

Joe

All depends on how you book multi-segments. 
1. Separate cruises (2 booking numbers and no fare discount?) Cruise credits are per segment days per chart.

2. “Extended Journey” (2 or more segments marketed as a single cruise with best aggregate fare discount; single booking number?) Cruise Credits are per total cruise days per chart.

3. “Custom Cruise” (2 or more segments not marketed as an “extended journey” but with approx 5% discount per segment; single booking number?) Cruise credits (and O Club perks) are per segment. Though the fare discount may not be as robust as the extended journey one, the added O Club perks per segment can be substantial if you are a Platinum (or even just Gold O Club member)

E0ADF6B7-FBD4-4338-B2E1-884945424C1E.png

• Like 1

I agree   you should be able to book as separate  cruises  but if marketed as a GV   they count as one cruise unless over 24 days you get  a single creditt

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-club-benefits

We used to book B2B with 2 booking numbers  but I guess Oceania cut back on giving more credits by combining the cruises now

16 hours ago, cswhistler said:

This was explained to me on board. If booking two separate cruises the price is higher and thus you actually pay more and get more cruise credits. My booking for Jan 31 24  for 18 days on Vista was going to cost $1200 more if booked separately.

I don't like it. I think the only fair way would be to give you credit for each day on board. We have done a lot of long cruises and those days add up.

Agree on the number of days on board as the more equitable way to award points.  My next three O cruises are 20, 14 and 15 days.  3 cruise credits for 49 total days on board.  Someone booking 3, 7-day itineraries. will earn the same credits.  Come on.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

Same frustration because, same points awarded per cruise for an  Ocean View cabin or the Owner’s Suite.  I like Oceania, so I accept their terms.

The last thing I would want to see is Loyalty awarded by how much you're paying for your cabin. That's Mass Market class division stuff, which Oceania really doesn't do. The system is certainly not perfect, but I'd hate to see it based on dollar spend like Celebrity changed to a few years ago. 

• Like 5

Agree.  We booked a “grand voyage” not realizing that it really a b2b. We got one credit. We did get double restaurant reservations.  We were told that if Oceania lists a cruise as”grand”, you cannot book 2 separate cruises.  Is it fair? No!  Only fair way is to count the number of nights.  Some cruise lines have revamped the way they award loyalty points. Be happy that you get anything for loyalty.  

8 hours ago, ORV said:

The last thing I would want to see is Loyalty awarded by how much you're paying for your cabin. That's Mass Market class division stuff, which Oceania really doesn't do. The system is certainly not perfect, but I'd hate to see it based on dollar spend like Celebrity changed to a few years ago. 

I don't see your point.  How would that be "Mass Market class division stuff?"  Nobody knows how much you paid for your cabin, or how many cruises you have taken.  I don't let the loyalty program stop me from booking Oceania, they are one of my favorite cruise lines.  (Or any other cruise line for that matter.)  I book cruises by 1. where i want to travel/itinerary, 2. What cabins are available, and 3. Price.

I am not looking to argue with you.  We all have our opinions of what and how we spend our disposable income.

26 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

I don't see your point.  How would that be "Mass Market class division stuff?"  Nobody knows how much you paid for your cabin, or how many cruises you have taken.  I don't let the loyalty program stop me from booking Oceania, they are one of my favorite cruise lines.  (Or any other cruise line for that matter.)  I book cruises by 1. where i want to travel/itinerary, 2. What cabins are available, and 3. Price.

I am not looking to argue with you.  We all have our opinions of what and how we spend our disposable income.

It’s actually Oceania LOYALTY Program, so they decided to award for the loyalty to the cruise line by the number of cruises taken and in some way for the time spent onboard, but not for the amount of money spent.

6 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

They count the number of bookings.  One booking is one point whether it is 7 nights or 15 nights.

Actually, there is a chart that shows the breakdown, I'll see if I can post it. Obviously it's by days cruised. SO, if you take one cruise that's over 25 days, it's 2 credits. Nothing to do with the number of bookings. For example, a person can book an Around the World Cruise and in ONE booking get 15 credits and automatically be at the Gold level when they step on board, even if they've never been on Oceania before.  Also not looking to argue, just trying to explain to you how the Oceania program works. I've been doing this for a while now, so I'm pretty familiar with the drill. As to your other post, yes, awarding points by cabin level and amount of money spent is very much class division mass market stuff. 

1 CREDIT
up to 24 days
2 CREDITS
25-34 days
3 CREDITS
35-44 days
4 CREDITS
45-54 days
5 CREDITS
55-64 days
7 CREDITS
65-99 days
10 CREDITS
100-157 days
15 CREDITS
158+ day
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

Same frustration because, same points awarded per cruise for an  Ocean View cabin or the Owner’s Suite.  I like Oceania, so I accept their terms.

You are right but the free cruise payoff is:

Stateroom category will reflect the accommodations most closely matching the typical category selected by the guests on prior voyages.”

so if your points are from an Ocean view cabin then that is what your free cruise is.  We averaged a concierge cabin so that is what we got for our “free cruise.”

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

• Like 2

If you take a 7-night cruise or a 20-night cruise - you get one credit.

If your 7-night cruise cost $3,500 pp or your 20-night cruise cost $31,000 pp - you get one credit.

What Oceania does not have is the ship-within-a-ship atmosphere - which does foster elitism.  Everyone has the same run of the ship and pays the same up charge for extras.

Again, I am not complaining.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

If you take a 7-night cruise or a 20-night cruise - you get one credit.

If your 7-night cruise cost $3,500 pp or your 20-night cruise cost $31,000 pp - you get one credit.

What Oceania does not have is the ship-within-a-ship atmosphere - which does foster elitism.  Everyone has the same run of the ship and pays the same up charge for extras.

Again, I am not complaining.

Actually that's not quite correct. Not everyone can access the Concierge or Executive lounges. Same goes for spa deck. Sorry to sound pedantic......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, firsttimers68 said:

Actually that's not quite correct. Not everyone can access the Concierge or Executive lounges. Same goes for spa deck. Sorry to sound pedantic......

Correct on the lounges, but anyone can access the spa deck, with a fee that's included for the higher categories.

Edited by 1985rz1

9 hours ago, firsttimers68 said:

Which means not everyone pays the same uncharges as the poster suggested, hence my comment.

The lounges are not really anything special

There is also no special dining room or pool for   Upper suite  guest like on some  other lines   eg Cunard

Nor  the ship within a ship lines

11 hours ago, firsttimers68 said:

Which means not everyone pays the same uncharges as the poster suggested, hence my comment.

Sorry if you misunderstood.  I was simply saying that unlike the lounges, everyone does have access to the spa deck, but that there is a fee.  You suggested that not all folks have access to the spa. It may be a pedantic subtlety, but yes, everyone pays one way or another for that access.  This is different in that there is no option to pay for lounge access if you're not in a concierge or hight stateroom or suite.  On the other hand that access isn't really much of a perk.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2023 at 3:50 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

All depends on how you book multi-segments. 
1. Separate cruises (2 booking numbers and no fare discount?) Cruise credits are per segment days per chart.

2. “Extended Journey” (2 or more segments marketed as a single cruise with best aggregate fare discount; single booking number?) Cruise Credits are per total cruise days per chart.

3. “Custom Cruise” (2 or more segments not marketed as an “extended journey” but with approx 5% discount per segment; single booking number?) Cruise credits (and O Club perks) are per segment. Though the fare discount may not be as robust as the extended journey one, the added O Club perks per segment can be substantial if you are a Platinum (or even just Gold O Club member)

E0ADF6B7-FBD4-4338-B2E1-884945424C1E.png

Except for dinning reservations they treat it as two separate cruises. On my upcoming cruise with is a combination of a 7 and 14 cruise, I have to have my first 4 dining reservations in the first 7 days and then the last 4 in the later 14 days. Makes no sense to me since it is one booking number. It is either one cruise and one cruise credit and I can book my eight reservations anytime over the 21 days, or it is two cruises and I get to two credits, I have limitations on my restaurant booking. They don't get to play it both ways. 🤦‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Sabbycat said:

Except for dinning reservations they treat it as two separate cruises. On my upcoming cruise with is a combination of a 7 and 14 cruise, I have to have my first 4 dining reservations in the first 7 days and then the last 4 in the later 14 days. Makes no sense to me since it is one booking number. It is either one cruise and one cruise credit and I can book my eight reservations anytime over the 21 days, or it is two cruises and I get to two credits, I have limitations on my restaurant booking. They don't get to play it both ways. 🤦‍♀️

I don't like the way O counts club points either, but I do understand that O wants to even the playing field for those guests on one or the other segments.  Booking are especially difficult on short cruises, and it would be a shame if the guests on the combined cruise filled up the slots on the first segment or vice-versa.  Remember these are only pre-cruise reservations. So once on board, you should give the reservations desk a chance to get you what you want, since you aren't limited to the pre-cruise number.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 6:15 PM, 1985rz1 said:

Sorry if you misunderstood.  I was simply saying that unlike the lounges, everyone does have access to the spa deck, but that there is a fee.  You suggested that not all folks have access to the spa. It may be a pedantic subtlety, but yes, everyone pays one way or another for that access.  This is different in that there is no option to pay for lounge access if you're not in a concierge or hight stateroom or suite.  On the other hand that access isn't really much of a perk.

No, I didn't misunderstand, It's me not explaining properly in my first post! I of course meant not everyone has "free" access to spa area, some have it as a perk, as you also say. 🙂