Cabo 6:30-2:00

LynnTH

On 9/18/2023 at 9:47 AM, LynnTH said:

Our ship is in Port from 6:30 am until 2:00 PM.  Is anything even open at that time?  Looking at just shopping around the Marina and possibly taking a short boat tour.  

My cruise next month has these times too and they are not ideal. Most things will be open from my prior experience.

3 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

My cruise next month has these times too and they are not ideal. Most things will be open from my prior experience.

Ok Thank You.  Kind of figured they would be - but you just never know!!

• Like 1

I have never tried to catch an early tender in Cabo.  I do not wake up for announcements of the tendering process beginning in the early morning, and I don't know when the first tenders are available. I wait until I have eaten a leisurely breakfast before I tender ashore.

In my ignorance, I'd be surprised if the tenders begin before 7:30, and even worm-eaters (those "early birds") probably don't get ashore much before 8:00.  Some of the cafes/restaurants might be serving breakfast that early.  

I used to think that the shops would open whenever the cruise passengers were in town, but Christmas Day in Puerto Vallarta taught me otherwise.  The shop keepers kept reasonable holiday hours and I wandered around a completely closed downtown area in the mid-morning waiting for them to open.

Once you are ashore, I am sure the boat captains and their shills are out in force waiting to sell you the standard water taxi tour.  It consists of a boat ride out to the Arch, doing a drive-by of Lover's Beach, Stinking Sea Lion Rock, a peer through the "glass bottom" to see the fishees, and Divorce Beach.  About $10 pp.  You can arrange to get off the boat at Lover's Beach (NO SERVICES) or at Medano Beach (all the services here, restaurants, bars, water toys, parasailing, etc.).  But with such an early departure, I don't know if you'll have time for a beach visit.  Your last tender probably leaves the Cabo Marina at 1:00 or earlier.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I have never tried to catch an early tender in Cabo.  I do not wake up for announcements of the tendering process beginning in the early morning, and I don't know when the first tenders are available. I wait until I have eaten a leisurely breakfast before I tender ashore.

In my ignorance, I'd be surprised if the tenders begin before 7:30, and even worm-eaters (those "early birds") probably don't get ashore much before 8:00.  Some of the cafes/restaurants might be serving breakfast that early.  

I used to think that the shops would open whenever the cruise passengers were in town, but Christmas Day in Puerto Vallarta taught me otherwise.  The shop keepers kept reasonable holiday hours and I wandered around a completely closed downtown area in the mid-morning waiting for them to open.

Once you are ashore, I am sure the boat captains and their shills are out in force waiting to sell you the standard water taxi tour.  It consists of a boat ride out to the Arch, doing a drive-by of Lover's Beach, Stinking Sea Lion Rock, a peer through the "glass bottom" to see the fishees, and Divorce Beach.  About $10 pp.  You can arrange to get off the boat at Lover's Beach (NO SERVICES) or at Medano Beach (all the services here, restaurants, bars, water toys, parasailing, etc.).  But with such an early departure, I don't know if you'll have time for a beach visit.  Your last tender probably leaves the Cabo Marina at 1:00 or earlier.

Thanks for this.  I am not much of an early person but figured since we are not there very long - to get up and make the most of it!

• 2 weeks later...

Tenders will start running as soon as the all clear is announced. It’s early but if you get up and grab a tender there will be restaurants on Medano beach open and serving breakfast. Have breakfast in the beach, maybe get a nice massage at the Sand Bar and enjoy your morning by shopping in town and grabbing a margarita and chips and guacamole before heading back to the ship. Cabo is great - get up early and enjoy your day there, short though it may be. You can take an afternoon siesta when you get back onboard!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:47 AM, LynnTH said:

6:30 am until 2:00 PM.  Is anything even open at that time?

I really have no idea but all the tourist vendors have access to these schedules too and I would think at least some of these nearest the tender port will adapt their schedules to the ship's schedule.   

6 hours ago, SelectSys said:

I really have no idea but all the tourist vendors have access to these schedules too and I would think at least some of these nearest the tender port will adapt their schedules to the ship's schedule.   

True at all port stops.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, april_4_us said:

we will be there Dec 14th and I think the date they have Dec 15th as the date. A few are open on the 14th. 

Excellent time you should see a lot.  It's always to bad that Guerrero Negro is so far from every where.  That's the cove where the mothers birth and they will bring the babies up to the boats to be petted.  We had friends do it and they said it's "life changing."  There's a bunch of Youtube videos on it.    

Will be there from 6:30am - 2:30pm in February. Booked a speedboat excursion for 7:45. Figure that will automatically assign us to one of the first tenders. Should be an excellent time of year for whale watching, and will leave us as much time as possible after the excursion to explore the marina afterwards. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, macaroni said:

How long to walk and how long by taxi please?

It is a long walk - probably at least 20 - 30 minutes. Better option is to grab a taxi or take a water taxi. The land taxi will have you there in 5 minutes. Water taxi takes a little longer but it’s a nice ride - you have to jump out in the water though. 

1 hour ago, april_4_us said:

Considering doing whale watching in Cabo thru an independent provider.

Will you be getting a tour operator at the port upon arrival?  I want to do this too.  I'm debating between doing it in Cabo or PV. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 1:02 PM, emarismom said:

Will you be getting a tour operator at the port upon arrival?  I want to do this too.  I'm debating between doing it in Cabo or PV. 

I have been looking at Whale watching cabo and one other. I don't care to be on a ship excursion where your packed in like sardines.