Understanding Deck Map Key for Room Configuration

mikey83

Hi all, I'm new to cruising and looking to book my family's first cruise.  I'm trying to understand the deck map key and what would be best for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids <6 and 3 years old>).

Ideally we only need a room for 4, but I'm just wondering what the difference is between the room configurations between.  I see at the bottom of the deck map key when selecting room:

* stateroom occupancy up to 4

5+ stateroom occupancy 5 and up

The selection was defaulted to * (occupancy up to 4) but I'm just curious what the difference is for the 5+ rooms.  Is there an extra bed/couch?

Thank you.

Deck Map Key.jpg

1 hour ago, mikey83 said:

Hi all, I'm new to cruising and looking to book my family's first cruise.  I'm trying to understand the deck map key and what would be best for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids <6 and 3 years old>).

Ideally we only need a room for 4, but I'm just wondering what the difference is between the room configurations between.  I see at the bottom of the deck map key when selecting room:

* stateroom occupancy up to 4

5+ stateroom occupancy 5 and up

The selection was defaulted to * (occupancy up to 4) but I'm just curious what the difference is for the 5+ rooms.  Is there an extra bed/couch?

Thank you.

Deck Map Key.jpg

Different ships and cabin types have different configurations.  Some ships have pullman beds that come out of the ceiling, some have sofabeds and some of the larger capacity cabins have bunk beds, though not many.  Sofabeds aren't all the same either.  The older ships have sofabeds that are pretty small for two adults but would work for two little kids.  The new sofabeds have a trundle that pulls out that can be left at a lower height, giving both people on the sofabed their own defined space.  Cabins can have a combination of pullman and a sofabed or just pullman or just a sofabed.

Not a very specific answer but if you tell us what ship you are looking at and what type of cabin, people should be able to answer a little bit better. 🙂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikey83 said:

Thank you for the response.  I guess I should've mentioned I am looking at the Allure.  The configuration shows 2 twin beds to form a king...which is going to be tight for 4 people.  

The king or two twins are for two people. The cabin would have two additional beds, either a pullout couch or pullman beds. We'd need the specific cabin number to know the exact configuration for four people. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mikey83 said:

Thank you for the response.  I guess I should've mentioned I am looking at the Allure.  The configuration shows 2 twin beds to form a king...which is going to be tight for 4 people.  

It will be cozy with four people but families do it all the time!  Allure does not have the trundle type sofabeds, but a 3 and 6 would fit fine, if you think they can sleep together.  Some families get connecting cabins but I wouldn't put kids that young in a cabin by themselves but others would.  Suites are larger but also much more expensive.  My sister used to do two cabins with her family but they did a girls cabin and a guy cabin.  She was in one cabin with her daughter and her husband was in another with the two boys.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

The king or two twins are for two people. The cabin would have two additional beds, either a pullout couch or pullman beds. We'd need the specific cabin number to know the exact configuration for four people. 

Room numbers I’m looking at are:

Room: 14191

Room: 11191

Currently have the rooms on hold.  I just want to make sure there’s enough room. 4 of us won’t be able to sleep on a king bed lol.

If I need to sleep on a couch and the kids on the king with their mom, I’ll do it. Haha

Those two cabins have the king bed (which can be split into two twin beds), plus pullman beds and/or a pullout couch for the third and fourth passengers. Best fit would be the two kids on the pullout couch, better would be if there are pullman beds for the kids but I can't tell the exact configuration for these cabins (pullman vs couch). 

11191 is a connecting room with 11193. That means there is a door that goes directly between those two cabins. There is much debate here whether or not you can hear noise through the door, but it also affects furniture layout. 14191 would be preferred, unless you want to book two connected rooms. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Those two cabins have the king bed (which can be split into two twin beds), plus pullman beds and/or a pullout couch for the third and fourth passengers. Best fit would be the two kids on the pullout couch, better would be if there are pullman beds for the kids but I can't tell the exact configuration for these cabins (pullman vs couch). 

11191 is a connecting room with 11193. That means there is a door that goes directly between those two cabins. There is much debate here whether or not you can hear noise through the door, but it also affects furniture layout. 14191 would be preferred, unless you want to book two connected rooms. 

I don't think the connecting door affects furniture layout on Oasis or Quantum class, since it is near the cabin door.

Does Oasis class have pullmans?  IIRC, Quantum class does not have pullmans.

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't think the connecting door affects furniture layout on Oasis or Quantum class, since it is near the cabin door.

Does Oasis class have pullmans?  IIRC, Quantum class does not have pullmans.

Quantum class does have some pullman in suites.  We had a 2 bedroom GS and there were two pullman in the second bedroom.

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

14191 sits right under the main pool deck loungers and chairs. Could be lots of late night and early morning noise from reshuffling of chairs and loungers. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mikey83 said:

Attached is a description of all the cabins some of which with pictures on the Allure of the Seas, hope this helps you, 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Allure-of-the-Seas

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cruisinelmo said:

Attached is a description of all the cabins some of which with pictures on the Allure of the Seas, hope this helps you, 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Allure-of-the-Seas

You need to be really careful of that site and just like some of Royals pictures they post the wrong pictures.  The picture that they posted for the 1J, 2J, 1I and 2I is definitely not correct, They have shown a JS or accessible room

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You need to be really careful of that site and just like some of Royals pictures they post the wrong pictures.  The picture that they posted for the 1J, 2J, 1I and 2I is definitely not correct, They have shown a JS or accessible room

Thanks for the info