Seabourn Ovation laundry

Phalgal

On Encore—maybe the same as Ovation—there are 5 washers and 5 dryers. Getting a machine can be challenging, especially when someone hogs 2 or 3 machines. Laundry service is available, if I recall correctly it costs about $50 per smallish bag. Takes a couple of days.

8 hours ago, kahuna21 said:

On Encore—maybe the same as Ovation—there are 5 washers and 5 dryers. Getting a machine can be challenging, especially when someone hogs 2 or 3 machines. Laundry service is available, if I recall correctly it costs about $50 per smallish bag. Takes a couple of days.

The laundry bag is smallish, but you would be amazed at how much you can put into it!  We have never failed to put everything we need into it.  We get free laundry as a perk now, but we always found the $50 charge to be reasonable when we didn't have the perk because the bag holds an enormous amount of laundry if you load it right!

• Like 1

I am a laundry fanatic.  Despite having the free laundry perk, I often use the launderette as I am particular about my clothes and many require a more delicate wash and no iron.  Although the laundry is good, I have not found a way to communicate special instructions and have had clothes ruined.  (The best was when a puckered shirt was ironed flat.). In the launderette, I place all clothes in a large mesh bag so that if I don’t get back as soon as the washer or dryer stops, it is easier for someone to just remove the bag rather than many loose items. (And it also beats having others handle my clean clothes.).  Also a great way to get in more steps so long as you don’t use the elevator. 🙂 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hobar said:

I am a laundry fanatic.  Despite having the free laundry perk, I often use the launderette as I am particular about my clothes and many require a more delicate wash and no iron.  Although the laundry is good, I have not found a way to communicate special instructions and have had clothes ruined.  (The best was when a puckered shirt was ironed flat.). In the launderette, I place all clothes in a large mesh bag so that if I don’t get back as soon as the washer or dryer stops, it is easier for someone to just remove the bag rather than many loose items. (And it also beats having others handle my clean clothes.).  Also a great way to get in more steps so long as you don’t use the elevator. 🙂 

Great idea to use a large mesh bag.  I didn't do laundry myself on our last cruise as it was just 14 days and I didn't need to, but our next cruise is 28 days, and I know it will be necessary.  We do use Seabourn's laundry perk for many/most things, but like you have found, some things need a delicate cold wash and no ironing.  I did put a note on our laundry bag last time asking that our things not be dried on HOT--and my knit top came back not shrunken and I was happy.  

Edited by SLSD

I am familiar with this laundry room as I was on Ovation last June.  I went down to iron an item for the first evening.  I found the laundry room in a bit of need of housekeeping.  It wasn't that clean and it appeared the machines could have used a bit of upkeep.  For example, there was dried up detergent in some of the units. It was a bit off putting and it discouraged me from using the washers.  I've never heard anyone else mention this--and I wonder if anyone else has made this observation.