Medallion Shipping to Canada!

mcgratru

Just checked the app and Canada is listed for medallion shipping!!

Entered address and got confirmation of shipping and now showing Green Lane!…cruise isn’t until Nov 6….fingers crossed they aren’t using Canada Post🤪!

Edited by mcgratru
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, mcgratru said:

Entered address and got confirmation of shipping and now showing Green Lane!…cruise isn’t until Nov 6….fingers crossed they aren’t using Canada Post🤪!

Are you on the Plus or Premier package?

Even if there is a shipping charge for the medallion, if you are cruising out of Vancouver I would strongly suggest having it shipped to you.  On our recent cruise on the Crown Princess those of us that had to get our medallion at the pier waited in a line for close to an hour to get it.  And then we had the security line which wasn't too bad and then US customs for which we had global entry and pretty much avoided that line altogether.  We probably waited in inline for a total of 1 hour 20 minutes from arrival at the pier until we were through it all and able to board the ship.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TM said:

Even if there is a shipping charge for the medallion, if you are cruising out of Vancouver I would strongly suggest having it shipped to you.  On our recent cruise on the Crown Princess those of us that had to get our medallion at the pier waited in a line for close to an hour to get it.  And then we had the security line which wasn't too bad and then US customs for which we had global entry and pretty much avoided that line altogether.  We probably waited in inline for a total of 1 hour 20 minutes from arrival at the pier until we were through it all and able to board the ship.

That doesn’t sound like an improvement to me.  Making it more difficult for folks. IMO

37 minutes ago, TM said:

Oddly - when I was on the Crown Princess this summer - getting the Medallion at the pier added all of 1 extra minute to my check in process.

• Like 2

We have plus. I figure I am ordering them and hoping they arrive before we leave for Florida on Nov 2….if not we will just have to get new ones at check-in and will not be any worse off than if we didn’t get them shipped to us.

33 minutes ago, Cruise Craig said:

I setup my mediallian as pick up at the pier prior to the Canadian Shipping being an option, does anybody know if I can change this now to shipping as it's an included option for my package?

I still have plenty of time as I don't sail until Nov 11.

Yes….just go in and cancel your order and then reorder with shipping. That worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mcgratru said:

Thanks for mentioning this.  It wasn't really a hassle to pick up the medallion at the port, but we have Plus on the next cruise and we might as well make the most of it.  Green lane - for now. 😁

I think Princess originally indicated that they would start taking orders from Canada on September 25.  It was a bit odd that when we put our address in, the app said “we could not verify this address”.  However, the information did save, and we received a Medallion order confirmation email.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 7:07 PM, mcgratru said:

Yes, this was announced a while back and has been available for a bit now.  I suppose you didn't see a cost for it even though you get it free with Plus Fare package? 

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I suppose you didn't see a cost for it even though you get it free with Plus Fare package? 

We have the Plus Fare Package.  The order showed a $0.00 price and warned that our credit card would be charged when we completed the order. (Wish the automated messages were a bit more tailored to the situation, but Princess IT has bigger fish to fry.) 

• Thanks 1

Just cancelled my previous medallion order and reordered to ship to my address in Canada - it worked !  For the cruise we have PLUS50 so I was charged $15USD.  I was given the option of charging to the CC I had associated to the cruise or selecting another method.  I chose the former so don’t know if the selecting another payment method works or not.

Anyone know who’s going to deliver the medallion in Canada, UPS (or similar) or Canada Post ?

41 minutes ago, Sn0cruiser said:

Just cancelled my previous medallion order and reordered to ship to my address in Canada - it worked !  For the cruise we have PLUS50 so I was charged $15USD.  I was given the option of charging to the CC I had associated to the cruise or selecting another method.  I chose the former so don’t know if the selecting another payment method works or not.

Anyone know who’s going to deliver the medallion in Canada, UPS (or similar) or Canada Post ?

Thanks for confirming the expected $15 rate.  AFAIK, it will be Canada Post taking the handoff at the border.

Thanks for posting. I just went in and cancelled our medallion order & reordered for our January cruise. We booked the premier package, so the shipping is included. 
It’s great to see the green lane indicator pop up. 
We’ve had a bit of a rough year and can’t wait to get away.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been as lucky 😞 We live in Ontario and I have been trying for days to order and re order these medallions but the only option I keep getting is port pick up 😞

We do have the plus package and final payment for our trip was made weeks ago. 

This is our first Princess cruise and post Covid holiday. I have had LOTS of issues with their reps for a number of different matters, and really don't want to have to call them but sadly I think it may be my only option. 

Is there a place on my reservation that should have my mailing address? I don't see it anywhere and I wonder if that might be the reason why I don't get the home address as an option.

Thanks so ver much for all your help 🙂

Teri

Do you see a "ship to address" option?...even before they began shipping to Canada, I could see that option and US and Puerto Rico in the drop down menu?

Is it possible you (or your TA) already ordered for port pick-up? I had to cancel that before I could see the "ship to address" option?

Hope this gets resolved for you. Welcome to Princess! 

20 hours ago, Teripg said:

Hi everyone,

I haven't been as lucky 😞 We live in Ontario and I have been trying for days to order and re order these medallions but the only option I keep getting is port pick up 😞

We do have the plus package and final payment for our trip was made weeks ago. 

This is our first Princess cruise and post Covid holiday. I have had LOTS of issues with their reps for a number of different matters, and really don't want to have to call them but sadly I think it may be my only option. 

Is there a place on my reservation that should have my mailing address? I don't see it anywhere and I wonder if that might be the reason why I don't get the home address as an option.

Thanks so ver much for all your help 🙂

Teri

On the App

Personal information and documents>personal information >residency  

You should see your home address here.

You should also see your information on the website.

If you went through the checkin steps, it should all be in OceanReady.

When you go on the App

Medallion wearable and see the port pickup as checked, then you ordered it already.

You can cancel the order and start over this time, place the order for both of you and then check ship to home.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Just now, Teripg said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks so very much for all the responses. As I stated previously, I have ordered and cancelled the order on three separate occasions. I am NEVER given the option to have it shipped to my home. It is always a port pick up. I was able to locate my address and it is correct so I know that is not the problem.

Teri

I ordered my Medallion to be picked up at the dock before Canadian shipping was announced

On the app, under Order History it shows Order Number, Sail Date with a tick.

How do I cancel pick up at dock to ship to my home?