Black Friday previous sales

rowval

I think this never ending 75% off second passenger based on inflated price "sale" started around this time last year.   I think the only thing added for Black Friday last year was maybe an extra $50 OBC.

I wouldn't expect anything spectacular or much different this year.   In years past they had  $25 or $50 deposits but I doubt they will do that now that NRD are really non refundable and they don't want to risk people canceling without much penalty.

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think this never ending 75% off second passenger based on inflated price "sale" started around this time last year.   I think the only thing added for Black Friday last year was maybe an extra $50 OBC.

I wouldn't expect anything spectacular or much different this year.   In years past they had  $25 or $50 deposits but I doubt they will do that now that NRD are really non refundable and they don't want to risk people canceling without much penalty.

There was $100 OBC pp. Maybe up to $800 per cabin.  Our gang booked cruises that weekend and each cabin got $200 from Celebrity and $200 from our TA. 

i believe there was a high amount of OBC available when booking.  I have my Nov coming up and had 800 for my concierge room plus more from the Travel Agent.  I just remember it was a crazy deal I think cruise is silhouette 10 day on nov 20th, Concierge with the AI package and a total of 1150 OBC for 4000.  Of course this was thru a TA and group bookings they had, not on celebrity site but they follow the same sales with the perks but much lower prices.  

29 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Generally speaking, you won't have to wait until Black Friday for a sale as their frequent flash sales seem to be about the same discount

If anything it might be additional OBC but correct all the sales are all about the same, main thing is if you book far enough in advance the cabins might/will be much less than booking a few months out in general, Im usually booking at least a year out in advance but unless Celebrity brings back longer itinerary's and some more unique cruises I have moved on and already booked out for next 2 years with other lines as of April next year

13 minutes ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

Did the drink packages/internet/excursions go on sale?

That’s hit or miss and usually cruise specific.   They might go on sale but no one knows what type of discount etc they will be I have had on the various sales anywhere from 25% off to 50% off on different items and sales.   Right now drinks are 50% off, makes no difference as I have the All included pkg on my sailing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bikerunner said:

That’s hit or miss and usually cruise specific.   They might go on sale but no one knows what type of discount etc they will be I have had on the various sales anywhere from 25% off to 50% off on different items and sales.   Right now drinks are 50% off, makes no difference as I have the All included pkg on my sailing

Thanks, the 50% off drinks is not coming up for me

Ok was digging through some emails with TA and came across a discussion regarding the BF stuff last year.

I booked 2 sailings onboard Nov 16 (well before Thanksgiving) and they already had the Black Friday promo going.

When booking a SV I got $200 pp off the cruise fare plus $200 pp OBC with the booking code BFCM OFFER NRD

Then when the actual Black Friday came along they offered an extra $50 in OBC with the following T&C

"Bonus OBC Offer: Cruise must be booked Nov. 24 – 25, 2022 (the “Offer Period”) and applies to 3-night and longer sailings departing 12/02/22 – 4/30/25. OBC amounts are $50 per stateroom for verandas, Concierge Class, AquaClass® and the Retreat."

image.png.68a9b1ad41f03a6663ca45dc2818bf60.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Ok was digging through some emails with TA and came across a discussion regarding the BF stuff last year.

I booked 2 sailings onboard Nov 16 (well before Thanksgiving) and they already had the Black Friday promo going.

When booking a SV I got $200 pp off the cruise fare plus $200 pp OBC with the booking code BFCM OFFER NRD

Then when the actual Black Friday came along they offered an extra $50 in OBC with the following T&C

"Bonus OBC Offer: Cruise must be booked Nov. 24 – 25, 2022 (the “Offer Period”) and applies to 3-night and longer sailings departing 12/02/22 – 4/30/25. OBC amounts are $50 per stateroom for verandas, Concierge Class, AquaClass® and the Retreat."

image.png.68a9b1ad41f03a6663ca45dc2818bf60.png

Thanks very much, I am hoping for a drink package to be on sale, I didn’t get the 50% off, probably cause it’s the new ascent 

• 2 months later...

I am a little fed up with these fake sales. 

We had a quote at the start of November before Black Friday sales. It was roughly £5200 with something in the region of $300 on board spend. I asked the agent to run another quote during the Black Friday sale and the cruise had shot up to £5800 with $450 on board spend, even though this was their big event. 

Now the events have ended, the onboard spend has been removed, and the price has come down slightly.