Sushi on 5 questions!

Dreamcruise27

Hello,

Hoping someone can answer my questions 🙂

1. If you have a drink package, can you sit and just order drinks? Are they covered (up to the allowable amount)?

2. My husband, kids and I will have the dining package but my sister will not. Can she still sit with us and order a la carte?

3. With the dining package, do you have to order the fixed menu? (On Silhouette)

4. Can my children order food to go using their dining package even if we (the adults) don’t dine with them? Reason is because hubby and I want to dine at Murano one of the nights for a date night 🥰 

5. Is there a separate children’s menu or do my kiddos get to order the same as adults?

Thanks again for your assistance!

The to-go option is also nice if you don't want to have a meal there. I ordered a roll once for a late-night snack. If you have a beverage package, they also have a few Japanese beers and specific cocktails not found elsewhere, so you could share a roll or appetizers and drink that way. When I had a lot of OBC on a cruise, I ate there for dinner most nights, trying a different roll and type of ramen each night. What was nice for me as a single male was that the staff was all female, and the ship only had 800 or so pax (Solstice out of LA last winter), so I got lots of quick and personal service. 

• Like 2

Don’t waste your dining package on Sushi on Five 

The Al Le Carte prices are great and you can get a lot of food to share 

Also if you eat there the First day you get 30% off the whole bill 

Great tip someone told us about so we did it our last cruise 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

Where did you find out about this?  Did you go to their Maitre D?

We originally read about it over on the other site 

And we verified it with the server when we were seated for lunch on day one 

There were 3 of us so we ordered a lot and shared everything and with the 30% off it was super cheap and excellent food 

We always visit Sushi on Five and like it more than Raw on Five.  More choices.  I do agree that one can eat lots for under $50 for two. 

Last year we ordered a bottle of sake and should have been given a 20% discount but the staff(server and host) refused to allow it. I let it go as I did not want to spoil our visit as it really was not that much savings.  I eventually contacted Captain's Club when we returned home about the situation and they acknowledged the benefit. I carry the emails of our CC conversation with me on any cruise in case the situation comes up again.  Honestly the savings should have been about $12 but CC gave me a $100 adjustment.  I was quite happy that I followed up.

We are on Apex in December.  Does anyone know if the 30% off discount mentioned in above notifications would be applicable for Raw on Five the first day of the cruise?

A year or two ago just after resailing started we had a hard time getting a reservation for lunch.  The maitre 'd said they were booked but many tables were open. When we eventually did(next day), however, it did not seem especially busy either but service was very slow and the server kept saying "why does everyone have to eat at the same time".  Obviously they were short of staff and I felt sorry for him as they are always the ones who get the complaints.   Dinner service was much better. 

We will try this restaurant again in December. 

We ate at Sushi on Five numerous times on our last cruise and the only time it was busy was when they served the special Taj menu.  Otherwise, we normally had no more than three or four tables occupied when we went there for lunch. 

We are fortunate in that we have sailed a lot in the Caribbean and there are a couple of ports of call where we only leave the ship for about an hour and are back in time for lunch. Those are the days we normally eat at Sushi on Five so we are able to make reservations for those days when we board the ship. 

On 9/24/2023 at 9:26 AM, DaKahuna said:

We ate at Sushi on Five numerous times on our last cruise and the only time it was busy was when they served the special Taj menu.  Otherwise, we normally had no more than three or four tables occupied when we went there for lunch. 

We are fortunate in that we have sailed a lot in the Caribbean and there are a couple of ports of call where we only leave the ship for about an hour and are back in time for lunch. Those are the days we normally eat at Sushi on Five so we are able to make reservations for those days when we board the ship. 

We just got off a Caribbean cruise on Equinox and our dining experience in Sushi on 5 was similar to yours, DaKahuna.  (I don't like Sushi but I do love the appetizers!)

42 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

You can have the port days.  We are booking it for lunch on all of the sea days on Millie...

We normally had lunch on sea days in Luminae.  

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

We just got off a Caribbean cruise on Equinox and our dining experience in Sushi on 5 was similar to yours, DaKahuna.  (I don't like Sushi but I do love the appetizers!)

i have had some great appetizers there as well.  Two of my favorites are the spicy ahi tuna and homemade lobster and shrimp wontons.  My wife likes the chicken ginger gyoza. 

Not sure what your favorite beverages are but I highly recommend the gingertini.  Both my wife and I found it delicious. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

i have had some great appetizers there as well.  Two of my favorites are the spicy ahi tuna and homemade lobster and shrimp wontons.  My wife likes the chicken ginger gyoza. 

Not sure what your favorite beverages are but I highly recommend the gingertini.  Both my wife and I found it delicious. 

21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I love the chicken gyoza also, as well as the  beef slider.  Have not tried gingertini but have made a not to try it on our Christmas/NYE cruise.  Thanks for the recommendation. 😀

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

I love the chicken gyoza also, as well as the  beef slider.  Have not tried gingertini but have made a not to try it on our Christmas/NYE cruise.  Thanks for the recommendation. 😀

"note"  not "not" 🤣

• Haha 1