LIVE - Royal Princess Sep 23 (2 Day Coastal...and more)

ceilidh1

30 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Sorry for sending you on that wild goose chase. Thanks for playing along! Have a lovely El Major Margarita instead...on me! or the 24 K one. Both?

Did the 24k yesterday. Love it. Todays drinks so far have been two mermaid mimosas, two champagnes and a chocolate mint martini 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I find it odd that you can get a $12 mammoth dessert with the package but not a $1.50 scoop of gelato..

@ceilidh1, we were on the Royal departing September 2, and were able to get scoops of gelato for "free" (with the Plus package, that is).  Sometimes they even jumped our simple requests to the front of the queue of orders, as they were so quick to make.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I don’t typically travel solo but never get any love from princess in terms of promos or upgrades. I mentioned at the beginning of this review that I almost booked the 4 day in crown leaving the day after we disembark this one. After all the little lately I opted not to!

Jump onto the Majestic and go up and down the coast with me. Sailing on Tuesday. Not going solo this time though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, QuilterGirl said:

@ceilidh1, we were on the Royal departing September 2, and were able to get scoops of gelato for "free" (with the Plus package, that is).  Sometimes they even jumped our simple requests to the front of the queue of orders, as they were so quick to make.

Interesting. The lady in front of me asked specifically if she could do that as she had a little kiddo and only wanted a scoop of gelato. She was told no. She worked the system though. Ordered the premium dessert and asked for it without everything so ended up with a glass of vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce! Slay!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Jump onto the Majestic and go up and down the coast with me. Sailing on Tuesday. Not going solo this time though. 

I was eyeing that one originally but couldn’t get the weekend off work…

I’ve been trying to get into future cruise sales to see if there are any deals booking onboard but there’s always a line! Last cruise they had a list of sailings at 50% off but none of the dates worked.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Did the 24k yesterday. Love it. Todays drinks so far have been two mermaid mimosas, two champagnes and a chocolate mint martini 

I've never heard of a mermaid mimosa, just looked it up and it sounds yummy.  Will definitely try it on our next cruise.

Edited by marden1970
spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I was eyeing that one originally but couldn’t get the weekend off work…

I’ve been trying to get into future cruise sales to see if there are any deals booking onboard but there’s always a line! Last cruise they had a list of sailings at 50% off but none of the dates worked.

@ceilidh1 I got lucky while on the Crown in August. Two great guys at the FC desk. I found two great bookings. One at 50% off and one as a solo. I hit the desk first thing in the morning...too late, I know. Fingers crossed, hope you find something! 

I found Norway in June on CB. 

Regal sailing out of Galveston in Feb. 

Look up these if they interest you...maybe mock up a booking and see if they show up.

The sailing on Tuesday, Majestic WAS on the single traveler rate page. But I had already had a booking with OBC. 

Good luck!

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

This is new! Not really sure what it is- anyone?

IMG_9151.jpeg

I think those were at the bars up top. I remember seeing one at Mermaid’s tail on Lido and I think there was another at the Outrigger bar? I might be mistaken though.

24 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

The sailing on Tuesday, Majestic WAS on the single traveler rate page. But I had already had a booking with OBC. 

Not trying to hijack, but I’m still new to solo travel.
What is “the single traveler rate page”?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Not trying to hijack, but I’m still new to solo travel.
What is “the single traveler rate page”?

@Ellipooh  While onboard, go to the Future Cruise Consultant desk or sometimes called Future Cruise Sales desk.  Ask if they have any "specials" that can be booked while on board the ship. These special prices are only offered to us when we are on board. The title on the page they printed out for me says : Special Single Traveller Rates. They also had a sheet with 50% off prices. I booked one from each page of specials. Felt like a win to me.

Go for it, while you are on board. Good Luck.

Go in the morning to the desk; it's usually less busy. Don't wait for the last day of your cruise.

There, my work here is done.

BTW - I am not a TA, but like @ceilidh1, I am elite and rarely, if ever, get the same deals that are offered to others. Was upgraded for free ONCE, when I sailed with a new cabin mate. Used to wait and watch for upsells. Upsells where I put out more money to upgrade to bigger nicer cabins. E.g., from an obstructed view/balcony to a regular balcony, or deluxe balcony or a mini-suite. And ONCE I took the upsell to a suite for myself and my two sisters. It was for a milestone birthday. Not saying which one!

Hard to go back to the smaller cabins. However, I do have a few favourite categories and locations. As long as I get on the ship...I can usually make it work for me. I do what I like to do. Ship staff has always been great. Love their service in so many areas.

Bon voyage to everyone!

Edited by CruzeQueen2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I went to the shops to use up my OBC. Bought a couple of mini Stanley’s that we don’t have and will grab some duty free later. The store has no bags so you have to just carry your purchases around with you. I could have just walked out of the store without paying if I weren’t an honest person 🤣

My friend is feeling very seasick with all the rocking and rolling the ship is doing. She just went to lie down. I did the honourable thing and finished her sushi! I’m not sure she will want to cruise again…😭

Crews swear by green apples, crackers, gingerale.  Maybe you could get her some from RS.

I go to low decks and midship.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Big line for gelato but I can’t leave without trying an obscene dessert. 

IMG_9193.jpeg

IMG_9194.jpeg

IMG_9195.jpeg

The menu says "If you have Princess Premier or Princess Plus, there desserts (original or with alcohol) are included in your package." Do you know if a dessert with alcohol counts against your limit of 15 alcoholic beverages? If not, could you order a premium dessert with alcohol and leave out everything but the shot?😀

• Haha 5

I’m not sure what’s going on at this bar tonight. It was awesome yesterday. Different team tonight and it’s not good. The chief bartender is being rude and obnoxious to everyone. He just yelled at a guy when he asked for his cabin number and he said “E” instead of emerald! Hmmm. Theoretically they shouldn’t even need to be asking cabin numbers…

• Like 4