Maui Golf courses

wintertexancruiser

We’ve played most (all?) courses on Maui. IMO- The nicest course on Maui is kapalua plantation. Unfortunately that’s on the west side of the island. My neighbors have indicated that things are still pretty somber there. 

You may want to look at the Dunns. It’s very close to the port you will be docking at and it’s significantly less expensive than either of the Kapalua courses. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, wintertexancruiser said:

Can anyone suggest a golf course in Maui. We are stopping there in November on our NCL cruise. Thanks in advance

The three main resort areas where there are courses are Kapalua, Kaanapali, and Wailea. Out of all of them The Plantation Course at Kapalua is most likely the most well known and is pretty spectacular. It is quite expensive to play though at $395 a round. You also have the Bay Course there which is slightly less spectacular and commensurately priced. 

The Royal Course at Kaanapali is ok. Its older, fairly flat, and the clubhouse facilities are just ok. But its well located. The greens are fast. I have not played the Kai Course-- the other one-- in a while so cant really comment but would suspect its well maintained as the Royal Course is. 

Wailea's Gold course would be the way to go there. 

The King Kamehameha Golf Club is really quite spectacular (the amazing clubhouse was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright). If your home course has a reciprocal agreement with them by all means do it. But otherwise it is the only fully private one I'm listing here. It does have a nicer atmosphere overall being a private club vs the more resorty feel you get in Kapalua or Wailea. The course, while not quite as challenging as Plantation, is a little bit better maintained I think simply because it has less traffic on it. 

If I was going to Maui to play and had the ability to pick one I would just do the Plantation Course. Go big or go home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

We’ve played most (all?) courses on Maui. IMO- The nicest course on Maui is kapalua plantation. Unfortunately that’s on the west side of the island. My neighbors have indicated that things are still pretty somber there. 

You may want to look at the Dunns. It’s very close to the port you will be docking at and it’s significantly less expensive than either of the Kapalua courses. 

Suspect you meant to say "Dunes", but your computer thought elsewise.

Having golfed all of the public courses and one of the private courses, I agree with the thoughts above. But I think for best course close to the ship, I think I would try to get on at either the public or private courses at King Kamehameha CC. Better courses there. Otherwise, Wailea Gold.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 2:00 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Having golfed all of the public courses and one of the private courses, I agree with the thoughts above. But I think for best course close to the ship, I think I would try to get on at either the public or private courses at King Kamehameha CC. Better courses there. Otherwise, Wailea Gold.

thanks much