Can I get just an internet package?

trafaelwyr

That's the question. I know that internet come with the plus or premier package, but can you just get an internet only package?  The issue I'm having to deal with is that I'm the only one in my interior cabin.   My mom and sister are sharing a cabin and my sister really needs a connection to the internet, whereas I really have no need or desire to have it.  If there is no internet only package and I wind up getting the Plus package, would my sister be able to be the one to use it or would it be attached to my device (phone,  tablet, stc)?

You can also share a connection. The Internet access is not associated with any specific device. If it is your connection anybody who uses it would have to log in as you. The "one device" wording simply means only one device at a time. I switch back and forth between my phone and my tablet. On our upcoming cruise I will also have my laptop. I can be connected with any one of them but only one at a time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Thrak said:

You can also share a connection. The Internet access is not associated with any specific device. If it is your connection anybody who uses it would have to log in as you. The "one device" wording simply means only one device at a time. I switch back and forth between my phone and my tablet. On our upcoming cruise I will also have my laptop. I can be connected with any one of them but only one at a time.

@Thrak Looking forward to see your upcoming reports. Let those flying fingers go wild. Have a great trip - some of it with your extended family, I recall?

2 hours ago, trafaelwyr said:

That's the question. I know that internet come with the plus or premier package, but can you just get an internet only package?  The issue I'm having to deal with is that I'm the only one in my interior cabin.   My mom and sister are sharing a cabin and my sister really needs a connection to the internet, whereas I really have no need or desire to have it.  If there is no internet only package and I wind up getting the Plus package, would my sister be able to be the one to use it or would it be attached to my device (phone,  tablet, stc)?

If you are going a la carte (Standard Fare), you purchase internet for 1 device at $15/day.  Doesn't matter who orders it - you just share the credentials to the other person.  (Once you reach Platinum level, you get 50% off).

• Like 1

yes you can buy an internet package, and i recommend it for this reason, communication.  my folks and i were trying to use the princess app, but it is slow, and poorly designed and doesn't let you know when you receive chats.  we bought 1 internet package for 4 devices and then we used imessage since we all had iphones.  it worked well to coordinate.  could we have lived with out it, sure, but it made the cruise nicer for us as we could tell each other where we were if we wanted to meet up.  my mom also had the dog boarded where they have cams and upload pictures everyday, so she could keep an eye on their dog. buddy also needed some vet work done, so mom could communicate with the vet.

*sigh* i know it isn't popular that some people want internet, but it worked well for us.  we did not have plus and had ~$300 on board credit, and used it up with just a little over after our drinks.  we do not drink enough to make the packages worth it for us.

23 hours ago, vampiress said:

yes you can buy an internet package, and i recommend it for this reason, communication.  my folks and i were trying to use the princess app, but it is slow, and poorly designed and doesn't let you know when you receive chats.  we bought 1 internet package for 4 devices and then we used imessage since we all had iphones.  it worked well to coordinate.  could we have lived with out it, sure, but it made the cruise nicer for us as we could tell each other where we were if we wanted to meet up.  my mom also had the dog boarded where they have cams and upload pictures everyday, so she could keep an eye on their dog. buddy also needed some vet work done, so mom could communicate with the vet.

*sigh* i know it isn't popular that some people want internet, but it worked well for us.  we did not have plus and had ~$300 on board credit, and used it up with just a little over after our drinks.  we do not drink enough to make the packages worth it for us.

It sounds like you found exactly what you needed.

There are people here who say they don’t need the internet.  I’m sure they are correct.  There are people here who say YOU don’t need the internet.  They don’t know what they’re talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/24/2023 at 4:08 PM, trafaelwyr said:

In your case it might just be a better option to purchase the Plus package and "share" the internet. 😉