Cruise Critic site question.

Does anyone know if there is a way to communicate on the site without all the messages from that post to continually go to my email?  If I answer a question or comment on a topic, I get every persons response to my email.  
I’d like to just see the responses when I am on the site.  I haven’t been logging out every time, could that be why?  TIA

1 hour ago, Djnk59 said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to communicate on the site without all the messages from that post to continually go to my email?  If I answer a question or comment on a topic, I get every persons response to my email.  
I’d like to just see the responses when I am on the site.  I haven’t been logging out every time, could that be why?  TIA

I have the exact same issue and it is incredibly annoying ! When you click the follow tab there is an option to receive no notifications, which I set to every time , yet I continue to receive all the replies anyhow..... ?

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Followed Content

• Automatically follow content
    • Automatically follow new content I post
    • Automatically follow content I reply to
  • Method to use for content I follow automatically
    • A notification when new content is posted
    • One email per day with all new content from that day
    • One email per week with all new content from that week
    • Do not send me notifications

This has been my selection , Yet I continue to get Email notification for every response to everything I am following....

Cheers
    Edit... Apparently it is not gonna show you in my copy and paste , but I have clicked "Do not send me notifications"
Edited by LobsterStalker

@Host Carolyn Thank you for moving this thread to the correct forum earlier today! 

To all reading this thread,

Whenever you need help using the Cruise Critic message boards, always check this forum first. Folks often forget about this forum. It is located at the top of the Cruise Critic Community list of forums right under Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Note the large amount of "How to..." pinned threads toward the top of this forum's first page. Also, browse through the threads on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Regarding Notifications from your Followed threads, first make sure you are logged in with your user name & password. Click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. On the next page to appear, click Mentions & My Content and Followed ContentClick the little down arrow to open each section and make sure each item is set for your preference. 

Also, click this link:  Manage Followed Content You will see a list for Topics I Follow.

• To the right of each topic you can select the light blue Change Preference bar. You can make changes to your choice and then click the dark blue Update preferences bar. OR you can completely Unfollow the topic.  
  • You can also check the boxes next to each topic to make changes to multiple topic notification preferences at once.

Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic notifications. I have all mine set to Notification List. I just click the Notifications Bell to the left of my user name over the small Search bubble. Then scroll down the pop-up that appears and click View all notifications. A new screen opens listing all my Notifications. I then click each one that takes me directly to the thread & post. That way I am not drowning in emails!

If you want to set yours that way, click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. Click the down arrows and set each as Notification List Only.

Hope something in this reply will be helpful! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• 1 month later...

This isn't exactly related to the topic, but more of a general plea for help.  I noticed that in the Princess Cruise line "section," there's a discussion board about the ships' captains and crews.  I found the board useful and wanted to find a similar board for Carnival Cruise Lines (I'm trying to figure out if the cruise director we had last year is still with Carnival -- she was really good at her job), but after multiple searches in the Carnival Cruise Line boards (variations on "cruise director, crew," etc.) I've repeatedly come up dry.

If any of the mods (or anyone else for that matter) can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

This is something that is member driven with the cooperation of the crew(s) involved.  There used to be a member who maintained one on Celebrity board but some of his sources go annoyed with the requests and complained.  As a result he was banned from Celebrity and is no longer on CC.  EM