Wesley Dunlop Captain of Iona on This Morning

amajaa

I understand Wesley Dunlop was on This Morning earlier today. If anyone has a link to a video of it I would love to watch it. Alternately if anyone has recorded it  can you let us know how far through the program it was. I don't want to plough through the whole program on I Player as you can't fast forward on there where you see the program skimming through. 

2 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I understand Wesley Dunlop was on This Morning earlier today. If anyone has a link to a video of it I would love to watch it. Alternately if anyone has recorded it  can you let us know how far through the program it was. I don't want to plough through the whole program on I Player as you can't fast forward on there where you see the program skimming through. 

I wouldn't waste your time. Just a promo for him,P&O and cruising.

A couple of minutes, live from Lisbon.  They also had someone on a Virgin ship, and another on Celebrity Edge.  Just a general thing about cruising with Simon Calder, but just those big ships which did mean he said some people like being with up to 7,000 others; if you did not there are ships with only up to 1,000.  That was the main point made, as far as I could see   A very short item.

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

A couple of minutes, live from Lisbon.  They also had someone on a Virgin ship, and another on Celebrity Edge.  Just a general thing about cruising with Simon Calder, but just those big ships which did mean he said some people like being with up to 7,000 others; if you did not there are ships with only up to 1,000.  That was the main point made, as far as I could see   A very short item.

If you’d never cruised before Simon Calder made it sound awful even though he said he’d been on loads 😂He also said you always get lowest prices near to the sail date!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Haha 1

Yes, I thought he was off putting about big ships; don't know why they showed just large ones if he doesn't like them.  (I don't either but I am not trying to do an informative item on TV).  And yes, he is quite wrong about lowest prices - although it is true of some lines.

On thinking about it again, I suspect they had decided to do the item (which was obviously all live) and drafted Calder in at the last moment to be in it.  That is the way it looked, in retrospect.  If not, he certainly did not do his homework,

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

On thinking about it again, I suspect they had decided to do the item (which was obviously all live) and drafted Calder in at the last moment to be in it.  That is the way it looked, in retrospect.  If not, he certainly did not do his homework,

Simon Calder is continually stating this £20 a day pp drinks package in his weekly blog when he mentions cruising.  I've no idea where he magicked this figure from but I've never seen a price that low on anything currently on sale!

Edited by Megabear2

Simon Calder often gets things wrong in my opinion. He incorrectly stated that if you have ever visited Cuba and wish to go to the USA  you are unable to use an Esta and need a USA Visa. This turned out to be incorrect. Presently it is  only if you have visited Cuba after 1st January 2021 you would need a USA Visa. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Simon Calder is continually stating this £20 a day pp drinks package in his weekly blog when he mentions cruising.  I've no idea where he magicked this figure from but I've never seen a price that low on anything currently on sale!

Would this be for a non alcoholic package? He should really make that clear to avoid disappointing people.

Just now, Leomins said:

Would this be for a non alcoholic package? He should really make that clear to avoid disappointing people.

No because  he mentioned if you have 2 or 3 glasses of wine and beers  after he said it ?

He is totally misleading people talking nonsense like this, some cruise lines are stretching up near £$/£100 pp per day!

• Like 2

Just now, eric4395 said:

No because  he mentioned if you have 2 or 3 glasses of wine and beers  after he said it ?

He is totally misleading people talking nonsense like this, some cruise lines are stretching up near £$/£100 pp per day!

That is naughty and as you say, misleading.

• Like 1

It just left the impression that, although he smiles a lot, he wasn't too keen on helping to advertise these lines, or interested in them  - a shame, because the Captains and the Virgin interviewee made an  effort.  I guess if he cruises it would be on Regent, Silversea or Seabourn; more his cup of tea or glass of champagne.

• Like 1

Simon Calder is good on advice about most holidays but on the occasions I've seen him talk about cruising he normally gets a lot wrong .

Haha actually being as cruising is the only holidays we have done recently for all I know he might give out wrong advice about other holidays as well. 

• Like 1

I was waiting for a flight home from JFK Airport in December 2018 when I saw who I thought was Simon Calder chatting away to a few obviously enthralled people. When they left him I walked up to him & had a bit of a pleasant chat about travel etc. I took a selfie of us & proudly showed it to DW - I still am never allowed to forget that it was in fact not Calder, but Louis Theroux....🙈

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2023 at 11:55 PM, eric4395 said:

Also mentioned drinks packages at about £20 a day pp, what ship is this on.??

Fred Olsen is currently £25pppd. It was previously just £15.

I should add that is for a package offering soft and alcoholic drinks.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Details about package