COVID on VISTA??????

fb0075

2 minutes ago, Badin said:

WE were on the Trans Atlantic and caught Covid.  Quarantined for 5 days.  We appreciated the quality of the medical staff and the Paxlovid....well really Paxzen ( brand) given to us. The staff was wonderful in caring for us.

We were on a couple of bus tours early on, and yes coughing and sneezing heard. Husband also took some crowded elevators with coughers.  Sorry to say I do believe folks walked around with symptoms but did not get checked.  They only thought of themselves not about the spread of the virus.  

Good to hear the crew is masking........wish more was done by Oceania (not just a mention in the currents.

Beautiful cruise despite Covid and Hurricane Lee.

It is incredibly sad that people do not take extra precautions when they clearly have something that could be contagious. It’s not always Covid, it can be a lot of different virus, however Covid seems to be a fairly consistent one. From what we experienced on a different line earlier this year (and yes, I came down with it when I got home for the first time from our first cruise post), and from what I read on multiple boards, this behavior is sure not restricted to Oceania. It’s continuing, in part, due to inconsiderate and selfish people. 
‘glad the current conditions seem to be much improved!  Yay!

• Thanks 1

onboard  hear a few coughing this morning  but we will be wearing our masks when in the crowded areas 

So far  aprt from early morning wake up on the PA   the cruise is good

We ate in RG last night   every dish  was well prepared  & tasted great 

DH had the Udon noodles (sp?)   was  spicy   but he did enjoy it

2 sea  days coming up so will see how that goes  as far a chair hogs

Beautiful weather so far 

Today is Quebec city

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badin said:

WE were on the Trans Atlantic and caught Covid.  Quarantined for 5 days.  We appreciated the quality of the medical staff and the Paxlovid....well really Paxzen ( brand) given to us. The staff was wonderful in caring for us.

We were on a couple of bus tours early on, and yes coughing and sneezing heard. Husband also took some crowded elevators with coughers.  Sorry to say I do believe folks walked around with symptoms but did not get checked.  They only thought of themselves not about the spread of the virus.  

Good to hear the crew is masking........wish more was done by Oceania (not just a mention in the currents.

Beautiful cruise despite Covid and Hurricane Lee.

If you don’t mind sharing, would you tell us the cost of your treatment and the process involved with your quarantine.

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

If you don’t mind sharing, would you tell us the cost of your treatment and the process involved with your quarantine.

WE called the medical clinic number and were called back within a few minutes.  We were given a time later that day to go to the clinic.  My husband's charges were about $1900.00.  HIs included eval by doctor, chest x-ray, tests for flu, strep, meds for cough and sore throat plus the Paxzen (this was 800.00 of the total bill.) My charges were about $1300.00, I did not need any x-rays.  I would like to say the medical care was very good.

He was quarantined for 5 days in our cabin.  I was moved to another cabin but on day 3, I too developed a fever and sore throat and cough.....went to clinic and tested positive.  Then my 5 days of quarantine began.  After the five days we could leave our room but were advised to wear our masks (KN95) for 5 more days when around the ship......we did.

The small table placed outside our cabin doors served to place meals on, fresh water, fresh towels.  No steward came in our rooms.  When my husbands Q was completed they totally sanitized the room!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Our Covid experience was last October on Ponant.  Blew our noses a lot but tested positive and were quarantined. 🤬  We made a Vista cruise in May and it went perfect so we will 🙏. Had our flu shots and Covid shots so we will continue to hope for the best and stay away from the “coughing crowd”. It is definitely not an issue related only to O and we can only hope it does not erupt like in the past and have to shut down cruise travel. 
Vista, here we come.

Mauibabes

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Badin said:

WE called the medical clinic number and were called back within a few minutes.  We were given a time later that day to go to the clinic.  My husband's charges were about $1900.00.  HIs included eval by doctor, chest x-ray, tests for flu, strep, meds for cough and sore throat plus the Paxzen (this was 800.00 of the total bill.) My charges were about $1300.00, I did not need any x-rays.  I would like to say the medical care was very good.

He was quarantined for 5 days in our cabin.  I was moved to another cabin but on day 3, I too developed a fever and sore throat and cough.....went to clinic and tested positive.  Then my 5 days of quarantine began.  After the five days we could leave our room but were advised to wear our masks (KN95) for 5 more days when around the ship......we did.

The small table placed outside our cabin doors served to place meals on, fresh water, fresh towels.  No steward came in our rooms.  When my husbands Q was completed they totally sanitized the room!

We will bring our own Covid tests and RX for Paxlovid to the ship.  This seems like a lot of money for the medical treatment.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

We will bring our own Covid tests and RX for Paxlovid to the ship.  This seems like a lot of money for the medical treatment.  

You cannot get Paxlovid without a prescription.  Do you mean you would bring the written script on the ship?  If so where would you get it filled?  If you have it filled in the states prior to sailing that is very expensive too.....  

Hope you stay healthy!

It seems that everyone has their own story about COVID. What’s important most indicated mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. Still people got quarantined that wasn’t the case with the respiratory illnesses before. We, like many others, were affected by the viruses being on the ship and tried to avoid contacts with other people when we were sick.The good practice is to be responsible and minimize the spread of the viruses when one doesn’t feel well. But let’s not ruin the cruise industry again over the fear of getting sick when traveling.

Edited by osandomir
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

And if you test positive, will you quarantine 

1 hour ago, Badin said:

You cannot get Paxlovid without a prescription.  Do you mean you would bring the written script on the ship?  If so where would you get it filled?  If you have it filled in the states prior to sailing that is very expensive too.....  

Hope you stay healthy!

I have a filled prescription prescribed by my doctor.  Thankfully my insurance covered the cost.

29 minutes ago, Mkdvmz said:

And if you test positive, will you quarantine 

Of course, my husband has been in the health care industry his entire career, we would never jeopardize others.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, osandomir said:

It seems that everyone has their own story about COVID. What’s important most indicated mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. Still people got quarantined that wasn’t the case with the respiratory illnesses before. We, like many others, were affected by the viruses being on the ship and tried to avoid contacts with other people when we were sick.The good practice is to be responsible and minimize the spread of the viruses when one doesn’t feel well. But let’s not ruin the cruise industry again over the fear of getting sick when traveling.

Who is ruining cruise industry, since it is still highly contagious known cases prevent passengers and crew from getting sick as well. Sadly the crew on Vista have to wear masks because with coughs etc fail to mask up and spread to others.

20 hours ago, Badin said:

Glad to hear about Oceania’s responsiveness in your cases. So sorry this happened to you, and hope you had good travel insurance!

We were on a Med cruise in August (not on Vista!). My wife wore a mask indoors because she's got some long term health risks and didn't want any complications while we were overseas.  Barely anyone else onboard wore a mask.  My wife was stared at and avoided like the plague, while the dozens of people coughing and sneezing walked around maskless like nothing was wrong.  It was surreal. 

On 10/1/2023 at 4:38 PM, Gracie115 said:

In Canada you can't get a script for Pax without having proof of covid. Your doctor will give you a script ?

12 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

In Canada you can't get a script for Pax without having proof of covid. Your doctor will give you a script ?

As of February, I believe in the USA a positive COVID test is not required, but still recommended. Of course you would want to have a positive test result before you would start taking. I guess gives some people a sense of relief at least having the prescription in hand should you test positive and not at home such as on a cruise or foreign country?? 

Edited by EJL2023

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Our primary care physician says he can (and will) give us each  a script to fill before we leave on our next cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1