Non-buffet breakfast option for regular rooms

saffy12

Hello, 

On our upcoming Eclipse cruise, we have a regular veranda room - no status or  suite/AQ access to "special" options.  I understand for breakfast we can order from the (very limited) continental breakfast room service menu or go to the Oceanview for full breakfast options.  I need protein in the mornings, so don't think the room service options will work for me, and I'm just not a big fan of buffets.  Is there any sit down service breakfast option in the MDR (or anywhere else) included?   Or will I have to plan on facing the buffet every day (along with everyone else who doesn't have Blu / Luminae access)?

2 hours ago, saffy12 said:

Hello, 

On our upcoming Eclipse cruise, we have a regular veranda room - no status or  suite/AQ access to "special" options.  I understand for breakfast we can order from the (very limited) continental breakfast room service menu or go to the Oceanview for full breakfast options.  I need protein in the mornings, so don't think the room service options will work for me, and I'm just not a big fan of buffets.  Is there any sit down service breakfast option in the MDR (or anywhere else) included?   Or will I have to plan on facing the buffet every day (along with everyone else who doesn't have Blu / Luminae access)?

Main Dining room is open for breakfast every day

5 hours ago, saffy12 said:

I understand for breakfast we can order from the (very limited) continental breakfast room service menu or go to the Oceanview for full breakfast options.

You can order a full breakfast via room service for a fee.

“Free” breakfast options on Edge:

* ‘continental’ breakfast in cabin

* MDR, but closes early

* Eden cafe ( not open every morning) (not on S class)

* OVC buffet

* spa cafe

Edited by ElmaLee

Thanks everyone!  I knew on our last cruise (6 years ago) the MDR was an option,  but that was a port intensive cruise and full room service was included, so it was easier to do that instead and we only made it there once in 10 days.  This trip will have many more sea days, so plan on more relaxing, quality breakfasts.  I have seen so little mention of mdr breakfasts though,  I wasn't sure that was an option ant longer!

Its not the unfresh omlette, i just don't like buffet dining.  Yeah, the omlette is fresh, but all the rest is either sitting on your plate while you wait I'm line for the omlette, or the omlette gets cold while you then gather the fruit and toast and then try to find a table and wait for the rest of your party.  It's just not how I like to eat if I can avoid it

22 minutes ago, saffy12 said:

Its not the unfresh omlette, i just don't like buffet dining.  Yeah, the omlette is fresh, but all the rest is either sitting on your plate while you wait I'm line for the omlette, or the omlette gets cold while you then gather the fruit and toast and then try to find a table and wait for the rest of your party.  It's just not how I like to eat if I can avoid it

I’m not a buffet person either but on my Millenium at least the omelet station also did toast so just need to grab fruit and your good. It surprisingly wasn’t too crazy and with a smaller group it was always easy to find an available table.

MDR didn’t open on some days till 7:30 which when you have an earlier port day and wanted to get going wasn't great. The apple pancakes are delicious though, I had them most mornings.

• Like 1

Another option but not much protein is the Captain's Club Breakfast for CC Elite and above.

They do have a charcuterie platter with cheese and meats on the menu as well as continental, smoothies, belline's, fresh fruits etc and they are open late.