Transportation To Airport From Intercontinental Boston

2cruzers

19 hours ago, 2cruzers said:

We will be staying at the Intercontinental Boston post cruise. We have a 7:00am flight on a Monday. What is the best transportation to get us to the airport? What time should we plan to head to the airport?

At 5am you won’t have the assistance of a conceriege or bellman to help you hail a taxi. Uber would be your best bet at that hour. 

22 minutes ago, Nanatravel said:

At 5am you won’t have the assistance of a conceriege or bellman to help you hail a taxi. Uber would be your best bet at that hour. 

The Intercontinental Boston definitely has bell staff and a doorman on at 5am but I agree that Uber will be helpful at that hour. 

28 minutes ago, 2cruzers said:

Thanks to all for your replies. We may rethink this one and stay closer to the airport.

You are already incredibly close to the airport at the Intercontinental-- about 10 minutes in a car. Its right across the harbor. You could go stay physically at the airport at the Hyatt Regency or Hilton but neither of them are as nice of a hotel as the Intercontinental and frankly not much closer from a driving standpoint. 

55 minutes ago, 2cruzers said:

I know that Carmel car service is popular in the NYC area. Anyone have experience or would recommend them in Boston?

I lived in Boston for decades and never saw them recommended or suggested.  I didn't even know they had a presence.

I'd go for an Uber, but I bet there are cabs out front even at 5AM

4 hours ago, 2cruzers said:

I know that Carmel car service is popular in the NYC area. Anyone have experience or would recommend them in Boston?

This is too short of a ride for a car service-- it is slightly less than 10 minutes. No car service is going to do that or if they would they'll charge you a ton for it. Just use Uber or Lyft.