New ships coming to Australian Waters

46 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It must be difficult going through life so serious.

No but it is a pain reading rubbish from people who do not know ( but make out that they do) 

PS: My original comment was in jest but take it serious if you wish, it doesnt worry me. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

No but it is a pain reading rubbish from people who do not know ( but make out that they do) 

PS: My original comment was in jest but take it serious if you wish, it doesnt worry me. 

It all fun ,the ships are on the way and you will be back in the groove in no time flat.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

No Graham it was a ship in the first fleet, serious of the seas.

Spelling never was your strong point ..its Sirius….and I think it was the original ship for Captain Cook Cruises…even though it was..of the Seas.

10 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

We were booked on Resilient Lady in December but had to cancel because of a change in work commitments. Happy to see that she is coming back for 2023/24 season so will try again.

I would like to try Disney but it's so expensive.  Actually, the prices on Celebrity have soared as well.  We are doing the Edge in February on a much deferred cruise (Covid), and I couldn't afford to book our room now.  The price has doubled.

I meant 24/25 season.  Whoops.

4 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Spelling never was your strong point ..its Sirius….and I think it was the original ship for Captain Cook Cruises…even though it was..of the Seas.

Arthur Phillip Cruise Line, and recreated for Sydney ferries.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I think that was the Botany Bay terminal 

The Ole' Tank Stream Terminal

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

But they’re talking about Carnival ships Greyham ,isn’t Speculation of the seas a Royal Caribbean ship ?

+

Speculation Princess

Pacific Speculation

Speculadam

Speculative Lady

Celebrity Speculation

Norwegian Speculation

Queen Specula

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

+

Speculation Princess

Pacific Speculation

Speculadam

Speculative Lady

Celebrity Speculation

Norwegian Speculation

Queen Specula

Like I said…its all just Speculation . 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 5:18 AM, jajsmom said:

Well, I'm older, but Disney is my cruise line of choice. With all of the current complaints with other cruise lines, the only complaint I have with Disney is the price.  We haven't sailed with our kids (now adults) in over 10 years, but we love the adult areas of the ship.  Disney has service like no other.  We're doing a B2B on Princess in Australia/New Zealand this year (23 nights) for half the price of a Disney Cruise.  For port intensive cruises, we choose Princess.  For sea days and a ship experience, we choose Disney.

Interesting comment that Disney is best value for sea days and a ship experience.  I agree Disney isn't just for children,  My girls continued to visit Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida well into adulthood for the magical Disney experience. I'd love to cruise Disney, if it wasn't so expensive in Australia. 

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I just spent five nights in Sydney.  This was the first time I didn't see any cruise ships, much to my disappointment.

That all changes in a couple of weeks. Till then, there are only two ships ex-Sydney during the off season.

What days? Pac Adventure was in Sydney on Saturday, Splendor on Sunday.

On 10/1/2023 at 6:32 PM, Chiliburn said:

Here’s a picture of them checking in at the OPT .

Was your grandfather working there at the time?

image.jpeg.31b46dfc9f9f5a92015cbfc7b472a952.jpeg

And even then, the Naval 'brass' had declared squatters rights on Garden Island, preventing any future cruise ship terminal development. 🙂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That all changes in a couple of weeks. Till then, there are only two ships ex-Sydney during the off season.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

28/9-3/10, so I was there on Saturday and Sunday,   Maybe just not at OPT.  I usually write the names of visiting ships in my diary, but got out of the habit. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 9:46 AM, SinbadThePorter said:

I've always thought Nhulunbuy could be a candidate. A deep water port a good stopping distance between Cairns and Darwin. On some of the most scenic parts of the Arnhem Land coast. Town in the doldrums since the refinery shut down.

That is an excellent suggestion as a stopover between Cairns and Darwin.  I met an interesting group of elders from Nhulunbuy at the Woodford Folk Festival.  It would be great to create employment for locals.

I also enjoy Thursday Island/Horn Island,