Live from the Caribbean Princess, Oct 14 - Nov 5, 22-day Canadian and Atlantic Coast Land and Sea Adventure

Ken the cruiser

59 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just look on the Princess website under Specialty restaurant and Chefs table it will tell you to call the dine line when you board 

Thanks! I found where the Chef’s Table was listed on the website.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants

No reference found for the Winemakers Dinner. But that’s cool. At least we now know where to find information about the Chef’s Table, and how to book it. 😁

35 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! I found where the Chef’s Table was listed on the website.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants

No reference found for the Winemakers Dinner. But that’s cool. At least we now know where to find information about the Chef’s Table, and how to book it. 😁

Good Stuff.  We stumbled (yeah I said that) on the Winemakers through one of the restaurant managers a few cruises back.  We always ask when we board.  Glad you found the reference for Chef's Table.

Cheers

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, snow bunny said:

@Ken the cruiser, what is the new duet like? Our friends were on your sailing and they enjoyed the duo from Argentina.  Just wondering what kind of tunes this new duet play?

snow bunny

I apologize, but we didn’t listen to any live music played in any of the lounges or the Piazza. Sorry.

After our last tasty dinner in the Reserve tonight where my DW received her favorite dessert, flourless chocolate cake, made specially for her, we headed back to the cabin to chill before heading to watch the Queen trivia in the Explorers Lounge in order to make sure we had seats for Rich Purpura’s encore comedy show at 8 pm.

But while we were in the cabin, I looked outside and saw this ominous cloud blank which we appear to be leaving in our wake!

IMG_5513.thumb.jpeg.2c4a56576ad1ec0debb7df7b80031c23.jpeg

Luckily, when we got to the Explorers Lounge, Rich’s 6 pm show had just finished and some folks were leaving for dinner, which was good for us. However, by 7:30 pm, the place was packed with standing room only!

IMG_5515.thumb.jpeg.6a0c82e0b45a15d399e163e1564f83d6.jpeg

His 8 pm show, as expected, was awesome and had everyone laughing from beginning to end! 🤣

IMG_5525.thumb.jpeg.14e19e0ac44505a2aa43d7cd56047716.jpeg

IMG_5526.thumb.jpeg.2954effc479236d9d2907e58b3e1b05d.jpeg

Then it was back to our cabin to put our luggage out in the hallway by 9 pm. 

As far as the internet speeds go tonight, everyone must be out partying the final night of the cruise because it’s back to normal speeds! 😂

IMG_5632.jpeg.556c6c89ca3678b95977693a9d91f9b5.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 4

We have arrived at Port Everglades as well as to Elite!! Yay!! 🕺💃🏻

IMG_5633.thumb.jpeg.35a97b0b2bbe50ca87ecff74fdb8a4b3.jpeg

It’s definitely been a blast, as always, and thanks everyone that decided to tag along! Our next adventure will be on the Celebrity Flora early next month on a 10-day adventure visiting the Galapagos. For those that would like to follow along on that Live From thread, I’ll post the link on this one once I start it. 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Thank you so much for this wonderful Live review 👏👏👏  i always enjoy "sailing along" with you on all of your adventures! Safe travels home to both of you 🙂 

Thanks, and thank you for following along again! We can’t wait for our Galapagos cruise in December and Antarctica in January! Talk about  places where the wildlife out numbers the visitors! 😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snow bunny said:

@Ken the cruiser, what is the new duet like? Our friends were on your sailing and they enjoyed the duo from Argentina.  Just wondering what kind of tunes this new duet play?

snow bunny

Pardon me for answering for kenthecruiser but I think your friends may have been referring to the Sandra Maria Duo? Piano & violin in the Piazza. We enjoyed them but found the very long pauses between songs strange. I assumed they would perform a set playlist but it seemed like they were disorganized?? I can’t say but the music was OK.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, iTownPrincess said:

Pardon me for answering for kenthecruiser but I think your friends may have been referring to the Sandra Maria Duo? Piano & violin in the Piazza. We enjoyed them but found the very long pauses between songs strange. I assumed they would perform a set playlist but it seemed like they were disorganized?? I can’t say but the music was OK.

The name of the duo was Starlight Duo which might have been replaced with the Sandra Maria Duo.  Unfortunate as our friends really enjoyed Starlight.

snow bunny

• Like 1

I request some help/suggestions - my husband and I walked off the ship this morning early and caught a taxi from the stand outside the terminal back to the hotel where we stayed pre-cruise to pick up our vehicle. 

My husband left his wallet in the cab. Neither of us has any idea what cab company it was. I already called the hotel but no one had turned it in. 

Broward Sheriff’s deputies appeared to be managing the flow of passengers to the cabs. I thought I would contact them to

obtain the names of the cab companies present so I could start calling around.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

17 minutes ago, iTownPrincess said:

I request some help/suggestions - my husband and I walked off the ship this morning early and caught a taxi from the stand outside the terminal back to the hotel where we stayed pre-cruise to pick up our vehicle. 

My husband left his wallet in the cab. Neither of us has any idea what cab company it was. I already called the hotel but no one had turned it in. 

Broward Sheriff’s deputies appeared to be managing the flow of passengers to the cabs. I thought I would contact them to

You might want to post if Port of Call - Florida.  Someone from FLL might have taxi names.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iTownPrincess said:

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I’ve got no suggestions since I’m guessing you paid the taxi driver with cash rather than a credit card from which you would be able to figure out which taxi company it was. 

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I’ve got no suggestions since I’m guessing you paid the taxi driver with cash rather than a credit card from which you would be able to figure out which taxi company it was. 

Too right, kenthecruiser! Thanks anyway! 🙂

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@kenthecruiser

so glad to hear that the flourless chocolate cake is still “around”.

M.D.R. Always had it on dessert menu first night of the cruise & I always ordered it. My favorite.

Thanks! My DW actually had to order it the day before as part of her gluten free preorder. She only saw it one other time and that was in the IC a day or two after we boarded the ship in Quebec City. 

@Ken the cruiser This has been a long journey from Toronto to the Caribbean and back.  I am so glad I had the opportunity to visit with you multiple times on our common voyage.  Mahalo Nui Loa for an entertaining live and beautiful photos.  But I would be amiss if I did not come through with my promise of local pigeons.  I did not make it to Honolulu Zoo (yet). 

But found you an "almost" partridge in a pear/Christmas tree at Ala Moana Shopping Center.  

IMG_3297.thumb.jpeg.277f251e48480ba35fab8f9337f40d20.jpeg

And like you and your lovely wife, the two lovey birds...

IMG_3301.thumb.jpeg.d8711ec90258a43b7b5ae16747b65acf.jpeg

And just hanging loose (sorry for the dove invader).

IMG_3304.thumb.jpeg.70a3cb38b7352599cc05d89225b03fb4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Ken the cruiser This has been a long journey from Toronto to the Caribbean and back.  I am so glad I had the opportunity to visit with you multiple times on our common voyage.  Mahalo Nui Loa for an entertaining live and beautiful photos.  But I would be amiss if I did not come through with my promise of local pigeons.  I did not make it to Honolulu Zoo (yet). 

But found you an "almost" partridge in a pear/Christmas tree at Ala Moana Shopping Center.  

IMG_3297.thumb.jpeg.277f251e48480ba35fab8f9337f40d20.jpeg

And like you and your lovely wife, the two lovey birds...

IMG_3301.thumb.jpeg.d8711ec90258a43b7b5ae16747b65acf.jpeg

And just hanging loose (sorry for the dove invader).

IMG_3304.thumb.jpeg.70a3cb38b7352599cc05d89225b03fb4.jpeg

Definitely love the elusive Ala Moana pigeon photos, and it was a pleasure to meet you as well! 😁

Hopefully @NavyVeteran is feeling much better. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1