Are there hooks on the bathroom doors to hang robes on the Viking Star

RMLLEL

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Yes on all ocean ships not just STAR.  2 hooks on bathroom door.

Also highly recommend taking extra strong magnetic hooks which will attach to almost every wall and ceiling area in the cabin. They are great for hanging purses, umbrellas, dop kit, lanyards, a shoe bag etc. Just don’t forget to take them home again!  They don’t work on river ships which aren’t steel underneath. 

Genuine question, asked out of curiosity. How do the magnetic hook contingent manage in hotel rooms, which are fairly similar to Viking rooms? 

We just put the wooden tray on the desk then chuck all the day to day stuff into it

• Like 1

Go to Amazon and search for magnetic hooks for cruises.  Lots of choices.  Sets of 4 with 25lb limit are only about $5.  Four 100lb ones only $10.  Many are 4+ stars with thousands of reviews.  We use the heavy duty ones so dw can hang clothesline (not necessary on VO with included laundry).

Since we reuse our bath towels a few times, we use the hooks on the back of the door to hang the towels to dry.  

For the world cruise, we brought about 8 magnetic hooks and used them to hang clothes that we had laundered and needed to air dry.  We put the hooks on the ceiling in the corner, and hung the clothes on hangers and they dried faster than our previous methods.  8 hooks were not enough.  We needed another 8.  

For those who don't use the provided robes, you can ask your steward to remove them from the cabin.

As for the hooks discussion, I use magnetic hooks on the party walls and suction cups on the glass and mirrors in the bathroom. Magnetic won't work on glass (bad science 😉)  and suction won't work on the rough texture of the cabin walls even those in the bathroom (more bad science). I bring metal clip hangers for drying hand laundry and hang them on the suction hooks. 

Here is what I use and I like the way they work.

Magnetic hooks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D7DQTD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the suction cup hooks I like. They are smaller to pack. Test them on your bathroom mirror at home before you leave. Hang overnight. Any that fall off are defective;leave them home.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091GRHKFR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the first ones I tried. They worked just fine but they were too bulky to pack.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091GRHKFR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW, I have tried both of these in my kitchen on my subway tile backsplash. The pop off the wall;can't get an airtight seal. The work best on glass.

12 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Go to Amazon and search for magnetic hooks for cruises.  Lots of choices.  Sets of 4 with 25lb limit are only about $5.  Four 100lb ones only $10.  Many are 4+ stars with thousands of reviews.  We use the heavy duty ones so dw can hang clothesline (not necessary on VO with included laundry).

To clarify, there are launderettes on board the ships. They are free to use and detergent is included.

In addition, one of the perks in the suites and junior suites is complementary laundry and dry cleaning service.

Don’t forget the perk in PVs of free pressing & shoeshine! After having my wardrobe crumpled up in a garment bag folded up in my luggage, I send out for pressing as soon as we get in our room. 

And after hiking up a glacial moraine on Svalbard in July searching for fossils, my hiking shoes were pretty muddy. Felix & Risa had them cleaned up for me in time for the next day’s outing. 😎

Edited by LindaS272
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sort of related question about Viking Star. Not hooks, but drawers.

I understand that Star was among the first ocean-going ships Viking launched. I notice in videos showing the deluxe veranda cabins on the newer ships, there is a set of drawers on one side of the closet. But it appears in videos specifically about Viking Star, that there is no set of drawers in the closet. Can anyone confirm this? It seems the drawer space on Viking Star is rather limited.

Note: I recently came off the Oceania Vista where there is a lot of drawer space, but it is scattered all over the cabin, including lots and lots of drawers in the bathroom and several in the desk.

We were on the Star in April, and at that time there was not a set of drawers in the closet. So yes, the drawer space on this particular ship is quite limited. I have heard that they are going to add the closet drawers on the Star but don't know when that will be.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, hutch1994 said:

Currently and there are two hooks on the wall in the bathroom, not the bathroom door as it is sliding.

We were just on Saturn - in a DV2 room.

There were 2 hooks on the bathroom door.  The door was hinged and not sliding.

So possibly the sliding bathroom door you reference is part of one of the higher room categories.

Edited by CCWineLover

16 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

We were just on Saturn - in a DV2 room.

There were 2 hooks on the bathroom door.  The door was hinged and not sliding.

So possibly the sliding bathroom door you reference is part of one of the higher room categories.

Right.  I think @hutch1994 is referencing an ES.