Coffee House Style Breakfast

smj

1 hour ago, MisterMet said:

The biscuits on our last Equinox cruise were the size of silver dollars.  The gravy was good, but tiny, tiny, biscuits?

And there were just as hard.  Biscuits are light and fluffy. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 7:41 AM, lorimay said:

We made elite before our Edge cruise in March and I was so excited about being able to go to the elite breakfast. It was held in Le Grand Bistro and was never full. I was very underwhelmed. I don't drink coffee and my husband only drinks Americano, so the fancy coffee is wasted on us. It was the same food you could get from the buffet except pre-plated. Service was very spotty. My biggest disappointment was that I drink iced tea at every meal and they would not get it for me. The first day they said it wasn't available. After that I would ask for hot tea and some ice. Other than the fact that I could sit in a room and have people bring me the same food as I could get in the buffet, there wasn't much special about it. Sorry to be so negative - that's the way I experienced it.

Agreed. Service not good on Eclipse. We got there first. Table next to us showed up after. They were waited on first & got food before our order was taken.  Waiters not seem to notice. 
maybe if we knew about asking for substitutions, like toast instead of bagel. Never went back.

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

While it is the same food, the ambience is certainly different. The Buffet is often very busy, the elite breakfast is calm.

Exactly, no pushy people jumping ahead of you or going the wrong way through the serving line, no having to search for a place to sit.  It is just a lot less hectic, more peaceful surroundings, and often with a fantastic view, especially on the S-class ships. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Exactly, no pushy people jumping ahead of you or going the wrong way through the serving line, no having to search for a place to sit.  It is just a lot less hectic, more peaceful surroundings, and often with a fantastic view, especially on the S-class ships. 

Is it held at Tuscan on S class ships I can't remember as my last 2 cruises were on E class

On 10/21/2023 at 11:34 AM, RedIguana said:

Any problems with grabbing mimosas or specialty coffee to go? Might be sailing sans beverage package in December and relying on included non-alcoholic, happy hour, and self brought wine (short 5 night cruise). Do they actually charge corkage for self brought if no beverage package or is it a hit or miss thing? Usually have done the AI but RCI and Celebrity beverage packages have skyrocketed to the point it is not economically beneficial when your traveling partners rarely drink more than 2-3 alcoholic drinks a day.

You are not allowed to take the coffee etc to go. As far as corkage fee we take a couple of bottles of wine and open in room. You can take your glass of wine with you when you leave your cabin. We have never had a problem. Ask your room steward for wine glasses and opener if you do not have one.

• Like 2