Two Oasis class in Port Canaveral

BillOh

As part of my excessive cruise planning I usually look at what ships will be in port with me at any stop. I just found out when I return to Port Canaveral on June 2nd after our Wonder Cruise,   Symphony will be arriving that afternoon on a port stop that will arrive at 1pm.  I see she is sailing out of Port Liberty NJ next year.  I've only seen two Oasis class ship in Nassau before.   At PC, I assume Wonder will be at terminal 1.  The only other dock that I THINK can hold Oasis would be the one to the east that Carnival Mardi Gras uses.   

25 minutes ago, BillOh said:

The only other dock that I THINK can hold Oasis would be the one to the east that Carnival Mardi Gras uses.

Oasis class ships on port calls frequently use T6 on days when another RCL ship is in port.

The schedule is published on the Port Authority website:

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Communications/2023/CPA-Website-Schedule-Aug-Jan-2024.pdf

9 minutes ago, BND said:

Where did you see that?  The port schedule only goes out to the end of Jan.  

I assume you are speaking of the schedule of the actual port?   I was referencing the cruisemapper, marinetraffic and a couple of other sites. This can also be confirmed by looking at both ships on Royal's site.  That said, things can and frequently do change, so this is tenative, but gives me something to do for the next 200 days or so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

He probably pulled up the itinerary for that ship from RCL's website.

He would have to have gone through a bunch of itineraries to find out that Symphony was there.    He is correct though about the docks that can handle that size of a ship. 

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Oasis class ships on port calls frequently use T6 on days when another RCL ship is in port.

The schedule is published on the Port Authority website:

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Communications/2023/CPA-Website-Schedule-Aug-Jan-2024.pdf

I have seen Mariner and a couple of other Royal Ships at T6, I boarded Mariner there last year, but I have never seen an Oasis class there.  As part of my time killing till my next cruise, I will try to look ahead and see when that happens.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I have seen Mariner and a couple of other Royal Ships at T6, I boarded Mariner there last year, but I have never seen an Oasis class there.  As part of my time killing till my next cruise, I will try to look ahead and see when that happens.  

Symphony is about 160 feet longer than Mariner so it depends on whether it could fit due to T5 being right there.   Jewel has been at T6 because we were on her last Nov and I know I've seen a couple of others making port calls at T6 such as Vision class, but not Oasis class.

11 minutes ago, BND said:

Symphony is about 160 feet longer than Mariner so it depends on whether it could fit due to T5 being right there.   Jewel has been at T6 because we were on her last Nov and I know I've seen a couple of others making port calls at T6 such as Vision class, but not Oasis class.

That will be a first for me too, looking forward to catching it on the port cam.

19 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

And here is Oasis approaching Terminal 6.

IMG_4239.jpeg

IMG_4237.jpeg

Thanks, if I lived in the area, I probably would spend a lot of time there. Looks like you were in Jetty Park a little?

2 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Thanks, if I lived in the area, I probably would spend a lot of time there. Looks like you were in Jetty Park a little?

Yup. We have a house in Orlando so often on  the weekends we go to lunch at Fishlips and watch the ships from Jetty Park.

mac_tlc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

I assume you are speaking of the schedule of the actual port?   I was referencing the cruisemapper, marinetraffic and a couple of other sites. This can also be confirmed by looking at both ships on Royal's site.  That said, things can and frequently do change, so this is tenative, but gives me something to do for the next 200 days or so. 

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

Mariner typically docks at T5 - the little pie shaped terminal stuffed in to the corner between T6 and the freight dock where Spacex docks their ships.

1 hour ago, BND said:

We were on a B4B on Mariner, and Oasis docked at T6 right next to us on 2 of the 3 turnaround days. T6 was built to handle Carnival's largest ships (at the time).

BTW, the Port Authority updates the ship schedule periodically, and the latest updates can be found here:

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Here are some pix when Oasis arrived at PC and sailed past Wonder.

We were on a B2B on Wonder in July, and she sailed by us on her way to T6 on both legs - quite an interesting reaction from the passengers on both ships as she passed😇

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillOh said:

As part of my excessive cruise planning I usually look at what ships will be in port with me at any stop. I just found out when I return to Port Canaveral on June 2nd after our Wonder Cruise,   Symphony will be arriving that afternoon on a port stop that will arrive at 1pm.  I see she is sailing out of Port Liberty NJ next year.  I've only seen two Oasis class ship in Nassau before.   At PC, I assume Wonder will be at terminal 1.  The only other dock that I THINK can hold Oasis would be the one to the east that Carnival Mardi Gras uses.   

The ship that home ports there will use Terminal 1

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The ship that home ports there will use Terminal 1

Ken, we have communicated many times in our common years on CC.  I have to ask, so where is your usual beach?

7 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Ken, we have communicated many times in our common years on CC.  I have to ask, so where is your usual beach?

St Kitts.

It was our first cruise with the kids in 2011 and my daughter was 10 at the time.  We were walking on the beach and my daughter looked at me and said "we should make this our usual beach"  I told her to marry someone rich or get a really good job.  Strangely enough  more than 30 cruises later we have not been back there.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, BillOh said:

Cape Liberty.

Unless they change the itineraries, every summer, from mid-May through the first week of August, whichever Oasis class ship is sailing from Cape Liberty NJ will visit Port Canaveral on Sunday because it will depart NJ on Fridays. Will then sail past Wonder in port. 

Beginning the second week in August, typically, the NJ based ship will switch to a Sunday departure and visit PC on Tuesday. 

It has been this way in 2022 and 2023 with Oasis sailing from NJ and is the case in 2024 with Symphony taking her place. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

A few months ago PC announced a new terminal will be open as soon as 2026. They were mum on details while they negotiate with the various interested parties. I'm not up to date on this (is it still a secret where the new terminal will go?) but there was the strong suggestion that there would be impacts on existing operations at the port regardless of where the new terminal is built. When Celebrity starts home porting at PC next year there will be "a lot of moving parts" to get the new terminal built, so says the CEO of PC.

Likely they will still be using T6 next summer for the second Oasis class ship, but things could change at any time including itineraries.