Sharing Price Drop Information

gmbhardy

If this has been attempted before I apologize, but what do you think about starting a thread that would detail price drops either before or after final payment. I try to keep current with all my cruise pricing but sometimes life happens. It would be beneficial if posters would share price drop information with others in one online location. I’m thinking information should include ship name, sail date, cabin category and amount of price drop. I realize the price drop amount is a relative number since the purchase price varies from cruiser to cruiser but it can demonstrate a trend. I know price drops are often discussed on roll calls but I think it might be better sharing this information in a more central location. Your comments please.

• Like 1

while in theory, its a great idea, it probably wouldnt work in the execution.

how can anyone possibly keep track of the prices for all the ncl cabins, on all the ncl ships, for all the itineraries? while you may attempt to keep current on your specific sailing, how does that help someone else on a different cruise, or even on your cruise but a different cabin category?

I agree that generally speaking, roll calls would be the appropriate place. Price drops are somewhat relative - depends on when you booked, what you booked. Much simpler to just bookmark the relevant info for your cruise and check it periodically.

But wide sweeping change info is always appreciated. Like when they dropped prices on European and Alaska cruises - or were giving 4x points.

49 minutes ago, complawyer said:

how can anyone possibly keep track of the prices for all the ncl cabins, on all the ncl ships, for all the itineraries?

This actually does exist!  It's called Cruise Plum.  Many have asked for it.  Few have heard the answer.  😎

• Like 1

Not sure if you guys are aware of a specific site that has the words "cruise" and "watch" in the website URL, that ends with .com 

That specific site shows pricing history, trends, and allows to setup up price alerts. I use that website all the time to discover our cruises and look for bargains. 

Another tip, book the cruise you want at the time you want to cruise, and once per month check if the price has changed and call NCL before final payment date and let them reprice your cruise. Lots of NCL cruises outside of the high season tend to drop in price the closer they get to final payment date (or departure date). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 10:32 AM, gmbhardy said:

If this has been attempted before I apologize, but what do you think about starting a thread that would detail price drops either before or after final payment. I try to keep current with all my cruise pricing but sometimes life happens. It would be beneficial if posters would share price drop information with others in one online location. I’m thinking information should include ship name, sail date, cabin category and amount of price drop. I realize the price drop amount is a relative number since the purchase price varies from cruiser to cruiser but it can demonstrate a trend. I know price drops are often discussed on roll calls but I think it might be better sharing this information in a more central location. Your comments please.

I think this would be interesting. Just as a data collection to see which cruises drop. An Excel/Google Sheets would probably be best. I also may have the time to create it, but I don't have the inclination (hey, at least I'm honest). Cruiseplum is a great way to monitor prices if you do want to do it for just a few cruises.