Celebrity Equinox Wifi

Loulouli

Hello,

If I have the premium Wifi package on the Celebrity Equinox on a Sea Day Evening approaching Aruba, do you think it’s possible to have a stable connection to participate in a 90 minute zoom call for work?

Thank you very much! 😀

8 hours ago, Loulouli said:

Hello,

If I have the premium Wifi package on the Celebrity Equinox on a Sea Day Evening approaching Aruba, do you think it’s possible to have a stable connection to participate in a 90 minute zoom call for work?

Thank you very much! 😀

Hello @Loulouli and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards.

Thank you for your new topic on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum! However, it is off-topic there since that forum is for our members to post links to their personal travelogue-type of cruise-related blogs or websites.

To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the Celebrity Cruises forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Celebrity Equinox frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you. You may also want to research the Cruising Technology forum as well as the Ports of Call - Caribbean - Aruba forum.

Be sure to find & post on the Roll Call thread for your cruise line, ship and sail date if it has been created. If not, create it yourself! For information about our Roll Calls, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! Make YOUR voice heard. Your honest cruise review will influence next year's Cruisers' Choice award winners and help others choose the right sailing. See How To: Submit a Member Review.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic!!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

I have done quite a few video calls on Equinox with the Premium WIFI. These calls were before X switched to Starlink, which should have improved things. On a zoom call I suspect you might get some lagging but I've not done any of those.

I did several zoom calls from my stateroom on Equinox in February. This was via starlink. The first day we had really poor service in the cabin. I complained nicely because I had a zoom that was important and they came and installed a wifi router in the cabin, Every time I have had premium wifi (Beyond last fall transatlantic, Equinox and Edge Caribbean during the spring) I was able to do zoom call with very good success, although the connections are not as stable while in port or in the middle of the Atlantic.  If for some reason it's not a good connection in the cabin, you can go to the iLounge where the connection is very good.