Beyond MDR preference

Tiggerwudz

We will be on Celebrity Beyond in January and curious to know if any one of the four MDR options are typically more popular/busier than the others. I believe the basic menus are the same anyway. Also, if we show up around 6pm for dinner at one MDR and there is a wait list, can they check with other MDR’s for availability ? This will be our first cruise with Celebrity and we typically like to go for dinner early but whenever we are ready.

Menus same pretty  much,  but 2 are larger with  more long tables,where twosomes are seated in rows with others..  Decor and atmosphere differ.  We prefer Tuscan and Cyprus..the two smaller venues but suggest  trying all of the 4 at least once.. they each have a unique charm.

We liked it when we could make res, not sure if  that is possible now.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2023 at 9:53 AM, hurwitz5 said:

We will also be sailing on the Beyond in January.  On embarkation day, are there other places to eat for lunch - other than the buffet?

Le Grand Bistro ($30 + gratuity) and Raw on Five (priced à la carte) are usually open on embarkation day. Also the Mast Grill, complementary.

Edited by dreamer321

1 hour ago, dreamer321 said:

Le Grand Bistro ($30 + gratuity) and Raw on Five (priced à la carte) are usually open on embarkation day. Also the Mast Grill, complementary.

Our last few cruises on E class ships Raw on 5 was not open for embarkation.  Oceanview Cafe, Mast Grill both included and Le Gran Bistro ($30+ gratuity pp).  If you are in a Suite Luminae is open for lunch at embarkation and those sailing in Concierge class can have lunch on the MDR.

• Like 1

The restaurants are either next to each other or one floor above.  We were turned away at Normandie at 6:30ish as it was packed.  Told to return in 30-45 minutes.  We enjoyed the food and service there.  If you get to any of them by 6, you should be fine. Normandie was the "hot" one on our cruise.

There were no reservations for the MDR on the Beyond.  However, if you are in a large party, let the staff know when you get on board.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 10:12 PM, jelayne said:

Our last few cruises on E class ships Raw on 5 was not open for embarkation.  Oceanview Cafe, Mast Grill both included and Le Gran Bistro ($30+ gratuity pp).  If you are in a Suite Luminae is open for lunch at embarkation and those sailing in Concierge class can have lunch on the MDR.

seems u read my mind..re  ASCENT.

we might try to have lunch at Gran Bistro on boarding day and use the E plus discount. It is pricey but we enjoy the menu..

Much depends on boarding time and when it opens!  We have dinner booked at Fine Cut,  so maybe we will  save the treat for another day

On 10/9/2023 at 7:14 PM, micruiser2002 said:

I thought it did not really matter because you are able to order from any of the other restaurants?

Each of the 4 restaurants have a stagnant mini menu (approx 4 items) that is tailored to it's theme. Then, the remainder of the menu is the same in all 4 venues that rotates each night. 

2 hours ago, Jimmym1981 said:

Each of the 4 restaurants have a stagnant mini menu (approx 4 items) that is tailored to it's theme. Then, the remainder of the menu is the same in all 4 venues that rotates each night. 

Yes but I have read that they all share the same kitchen and it is possible to order from any of the other restaurants their "special" dishes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Yes but I have read that they all share the same kitchen and it is possible to order from any of the other restaurants their "special" dishes.

Oh, that’s great to know and makes sense. I didn’t even think about that aspect. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

That makes sense as all 4 restaurants are on the same end of the ship. 2 are side by side on one level (separated by stairwell) and the other 2 are side by side in the level below (4th and 3rd deck I believe).  So it makes sense E class ships were designed so all these restaurants share one kitchen

Edited by Cruise till you drop

On 10/11/2023 at 12:32 PM, chocolabmom said:

If I have already made my dining reservations, does that mean they won't be honored once we are on board?

We were told at the restaurants  that there were no reservations.  Show up when you want to have dinner at any of the restaurants.  

Edited by keesar
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 5:32 PM, chocolabmom said:

If I have already made my dining reservations, does that mean they won't be honored once we are on board?

We are on Apex in February.  We have made reservations in different MDRs for each night.  By the shortage of slots it looks like many others have as well.

on Edge in August they were taking reservations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 4:34 PM, keesar said:

The restaurants are either next to each other or one floor above.  We were turned away at Normandie at 6:30ish as it was packed.  Told to return in 30-45 minutes.  We enjoyed the food and service there.  If you get to any of them by 6, you should be fine. Normandie was the "hot" one on our cruise.

There were no reservations for the MDR on the Beyond.  However, if you are in a large party, let the staff know when you get on board.

So if your cruise invoice shows “early dining co formed” it really means nothing? You just go to whatever restaurant at whatever time and everyone onboard does this?

I think I liked Cyprus and Tuscan best. The decor appealed and we struck lucky with the table placements and staff. But they were all nice. One night we’d decided to go to one but there was a 20 minute wait and the one across the hall didn’t have a wait so we shifted over quite happily. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, COLArmy said:

So if your cruise invoice shows “early dining co formed” it really means nothing? You just go to whatever restaurant at whatever time and everyone onboard does this?

The majority of people just show up to the restaurant of their choice at the time they want to have dinner..  However, if you are in a large party, it is wise to speak to staff and a table will be reserved for you.  There were several tables of 10+ guests in Normandie.  

• Like 1