Anyone booking any of the new sailings today ?

Host Hattie

3 hours ago, rmsEtruria said:

A quick first look (Cunard US site) for June 6 TA in Q5 offers $200 OBC (stateroom, not pp), a free dinner in King’s Court alternative, and hotel & dining charges included—but no drinks package (“Explore with More,” the only fare option showing). Seems a bit meagre, compared to what’s usually offered in Grills on US bookings. Is this normal for early bookings? (We can do without the drinks package, but I’m surprised it’s not offered.)

Be thankful if you booked Q5 in UK you might get OBC but you wouldn't get free dinner in Kings Court Alternative, hotel & dining and certainly not a drinks package. Sorry if I don't feel sorry for you just be thankful what you are being offered because Cunard certainly treat US cruisers better than the contempt they treat UK cruiser's and take advantage of their loyalty.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Be thankful if you booked Q5 in UK you might get OBC but you wouldn't get free dinner in Kings Court Alternative, hotel & dining and certainly not a drinks package. Sorry if I don't feel sorry for you just be thankful what you are being offered because Cunard certainly treat US cruisers better than the contempt they treat UK cruiser's and take advantage of their loyalty.

I must admit, I don't feel as if we have been taken advantage of or treated with contempt by Cunard. In fact, the opposite. T&Cs may be different between the UK and other countries but that's  life, business, call it what you want.

We have got some great holidays booked with a cruise line which suits us down to the ground and I for one am happy to have them in the bag.

• Like 7

Just talked with my Cunard TA and she said both gratuities and drinks were included. But, when I look at the paper work it lists the gratuities, but not the drinks. I’ve sent an email asking in writing for confirmation that drinks package is included. I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 2

I also asked for Grills drinks package detail in writing because my invoice also only included gratuities. My TA did give all the details in writing and all worked well onboard.
Better to trust but verify all details before taking on any form of travel these days. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 4

We booked on Thursday, Even though we will be sailing on Queen Anne for 2 sailings, we have not sailed them yet. So that made us newbies to book on Thursday. 

We booked Queen Mary2 for the NY to Canada to NY again. 14 days to see the Leaves change.  Sheltered balcony. 10/2025

I am excited. 

• Like 3

We booked on wed 4th and thankfully grabbed the suite we wanted for Christmas and new year'25,we always just book online,seems much easier and quicker that way,rather than hold for an operator. Hope you all have wonderful cruises ❣️

• Like 7

Well, it’s done. We booked the westbound TA (M514) on June 6, 2025 in a Q5 suite (9066; @RJChatsworth: I hope that wasn’t the cabin with the Dog in it!). Turns out, from subsequent Cunard e-mail advertisements, that the “Explore with More” fares do include the Drinks Package in Grills for U.S. bookings (sorry, @majortom10); got written confirmation from Cunard just in case (thanks to all of you on this board who have, in numerous threads, recommended doing so!). Ah, to sail into the sunset (. . . or beyond?)!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rmsEtruria said:

We booked the westbound TA (M514) on June 6, 2025

I just started Roll Calls for M514 & M515. We're doing M514A but guidance suggests keeping them separate, although it's not essential.

• 3 months later...

. . . and things change. When we booked, in October, what was to be our first voyage on a ship for the summer of 2025 (see #2 in Roll Call for M514, westbound TA on QM2, June 6-13), the idea was to fly to Germany in May, visit there for about two weeks, then five days in London and Southampton, and then sail home. But given the airlines’ unpredictable and often exorbitant demands for money or miles to fly business class to Europe (where we live there are only two practical options, AA and UA), we soon started contemplating the obvious alternative; and contemplation has now crystallized into decision. We’ll be boarding the QM2 on May 5 in New York for her eastbound TA (M510A) to Southampton—steerage this time, not QG—and return on her on June 6. If all works out, we may be done with flying across the pond for good . . . no more jetlag, chills, and risk of deep vein thrombosis. Still over a year to go, but—oh, the anticipation!

• Like 8

On 10/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, jrmende63 said:

We booked on Thursday, Even though we will be sailing on Queen Anne for 2 sailings, we have not sailed them yet. So that made us newbies to book on Thursday. 

We booked Queen Mary2 for the NY to Canada to NY again. 14 days to see the Leaves change.  Sheltered balcony. 10/2025

I am excited. 

So things have changed and we had to cancel QM2. 
Queen Anne is still on for October this year on a back to back. 

When I said things changed I just meant that since  my medical retirement happened ( broken shoulder) I don’t have the excess funds to spend on QM2. ( She was a pricey back to back) 
But we are going to do a Baltic cruise next year. I had already paid off the Queen Anne back before my accident ( the accident was a great 60th birthday present 🙃🙃). 

Thank you for the concerns but I promise I will keep on cruising. I have a feeling we will love Cunard. 

• Like 2