Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

So, that was just 4 days after you uploaded your photo and 1 day after yours said approved?

Yes, 4 days after my was photo uploaded.  I checked the VFS website again on Monday, and that was the first I noticed it was in the "approved" status.  I assume it was not approved over the weekend.  Mine was issued by the Chicago consulate.

Just now, tiki_g1000 said:

Yes, 4 days after my was photo uploaded.  I checked the VFS website again on Monday, and that was the first I noticed it was in the "approved" status.  I assume it was not approved over the weekend.  Mine was issued by the Chicago consulate.

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, tiki_g1000 said:

Thank you. That’s helpful.

1 minute ago, tiki_g1000 said:

US

Chicago consulate

Thanks. Is that one or both if you have a partner? Sorry for the questions but there doesnt seem to be a pattern. It will help others if they arent getting theirs to at least question the process.

1 minute ago, tottenhamfc said:

Thanks. Is that one or both if you have a partner? Sorry for the questions but there doesnt seem to be a pattern. It will help others if they arent getting theirs to at least question the process.

I actually applied before my husband.  We wanted to make sure the process was going to work before paying out the second $80 fee for his application.  I actually don't need it because we are entering prior to April 10.  However, since we already had spent that much time in the application process, I wanted to follow through in case we return within the next 10 years. 

Just now, tiki_g1000 said:

I actually applied before my husband.  We wanted to make sure the process was going to work before paying out the second $80 fee for his application.  I actually don't need it because we are entering prior to April 10.  However, since we already had spent that much time in the application process, I wanted to follow through in case we return within the next 10 years. 

Ah ok thanks for that. You are one of the lucky ones no pain easy peasy. One fellow was 40 days to approval and now waiting for the visa.

Edited by tottenhamfc

14 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

Ah ok thanks for that.

I forgot to mention that I had applied for mine in mid-December, prior to the extension from January 10 to April 10.  Actually, it wasn't easy peasy.  Initially, the format in which I submitted my passport was rejected, so I resubmitted my passport in proper format. That was in mid-December. Several weeks later my photo was rejected.  I then decided to have my photo taken at Walgreens.  When I attempted to replace the photo under the "photo" section, I could not "save and continue."  I was ready to give up.  Then someone on this forum with the same issues, suggested uploading the new photo under "other documents" and then, tah-dah, it was saved and uploaded.  That was way beyond the 10-day deadline to upload rejected documents. I uploaded my new photo 4 days ago.

Edited by tiki_g1000

12 minutes ago, tiki_g1000 said:

I forgot to mention that I had applied for mine in mid-December, prior to the extension from January 10 to April 10.  Actually, it wasn't easy peasy.  Initially, the format in which I submitted my passport was rejected, so I resubmitted my passport in proper format. That was in mid-December. Several weeks later my photo was rejected.  I then decided to have my photo taken at Walgreens.  When I attempted to replace the photo under the "photo" section, I could not "save and continue."  Then someone on this forum with the same issues, suggested uploading the new photo under "other documents" and then, tah-dah, it was saved and uploaded.  That was way beyond the 10-day deadline to upload rejected documents. I uploaded my new photo 4 days ago.

Ok so normal for this group lol. 

• Like 1

I paid and started on Sunday January 21 and am marked approved as of today...so 9 days total.

None of my documents were questioned at all (I used the NCL generic financial attestation letter provided earlier in this thread, didn't submit any of my financial info). I submitted my latest (my fourth) photo on Thursday January 25 and just checked tonight and mine is showing approved (from USA). It seems for me (FWIW) that having someone take the picture so no indication of selfie, taking off my glasses, and whiting out the whole background (my previous background was a very very light gray) did the trick. I always had good resolution and clear photo. 

I used this site to achieve the white background:

https://www.photoroom.com/tools/white-background

Good luck all!

Edited by pghflyer

2 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I paid and started on Sunday January 21. None of my documents were questioned at all (I used the NCL generic financial letter provided earlier in this thread, didn't submit any of my financial info). I submitted my latest (my fourth) photo on Thursday January 25 and just checked tonight and mine is showing approved (from USA). It seems for me (FWIW) that having someone take the picture so no indication of selfie, taking off my glasses, and whiting out the whole background (my previous background was a very very light gray) did the trick. I always had good resolution and clear photo. 

I used this site to achieve the white background:

https://www.photoroom.com/tools/white-background

Good luck all!

Thank you. Keep us updated. 

Received my Visa yesterday.  Started the process in 12/15.   Had to update 3 different photos.  Went to approved status on 1/25.  Visa received via email on 1/30.  So about 45 days.   Miami Consulate USA

Now getting really excited for the cruise!

13 minutes ago, Asuzi said:

Received my Visa yesterday.  Started the process in 12/15.   Had to update 3 different photos.  Went to approved status on 1/25.  Visa received via email on 1/30.  So about 45 days.   Miami Consulate USA

Now getting really excited for the cruise!

Thanks for the update. We need some positive news!

I would like to thank The-Inside-Cabin for his presentation on how to get a Brazilian Visa https://www.theinsidecabin.com/.

I followed his presentation and I just got it today!  I applied on 1/1 and received the visa today - 31 days.  Issuing authority Washington, DC. Quality Control was completed on 1/8.

For the picture, I used https://passport-photo.online/.  They fixed all the issues with the picture, background, shadows, etc.  This was the best $12.71 I ever spent! 

I actually no longer need the visa since I am going to Brazil at the end of this month but it is good for 10 years.

Thanks again The-Inside-Cabin!!

Edited by obxlover
  • Like 2

Agreed. All I would add to this is it really should not have to be 60 pages of instruction to apply for a visa. Here is one example of computerization not being very efficient. If it was a paper application, you would get a photo taken like a passport and then fill out a form and take some copies of documents. Drop off and it would be done. Some may have not encountered issues on the app

but many have and once it starts it is very difficult to move forward.

20 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

Agreed. All I would add to this is it really should not have to be 60 pages of instruction to apply for a visa. Here is one example of computerization not being very efficient. If it was a paper application, you would get a photo taken like a passport and then fill out a form and take some copies of documents. Drop off and it would be done. Some may have not encountered issues on the app

but many have and once it starts it is very difficult to move forward.

Careful what you wish for. The last time Brazil required visas we with another couple took a train to the consulate in NYC to apply. Waited outside in a line in the rain for an hour. When we finally got in, the applications photos of my wife and myself were rejected while our friends were accepted. Same camera, same wall we stood in front of but different self-important, American-hating agent. Had to walk to a CVS a block away to get new photos. The visas are still valid (10 years from issuance), but now we don't need them for our cruise.

Quick update, I submitted both my application and my husband's application together. Both of our applications are now in 'approved' status. My was in approved status yesterday and I just logged in this morning and his is also in approved status. Now we'll just wait for the email notification with the e-visa. Some background, we started this process on January 18th, 2024 and had to resubmit photos.  Thanks to this site I learned to save them not only in the photo section but also the other documents section - this was the only way I could get the page to save.

For our updated photos we went to CVS and paid for a new passport photo (we didn't use since they couldn't send me a link) but I also had them take our photos with my iphone which enabled me to have a clear photo with the white background that I could crop 192 pixels x 192 pixels (2 in sq). This worked very well and they accepted these photos.

Also (US folks) our zip code was not in the drop down list so I used another zip and provided this info to them. I provided my correct zip which they could see was on the additional documents I provided and suggested that they needed to update the drop down list or allow for entering a zip code.  I included this info on a word doc I created then saved as pdf and added to the other documents section. 

Our cruise is not until April 8th but I can now relax and start planning excursions.  

Edited by divenuts

Jan 21 initial submission -> Jan 25 (+4 days) last new upload submitted -> Jan 30 approved in portal (+5 days) -> Feb 03 visa PDF email arrives (+4 days)

Edited by pghflyer

On 1/30/2024 at 2:17 PM, tottenhamfc said:

Can we please get an idea of who is approved and who has a visa. Include days it took at different phases if you know. Nobody seems to be getting anything in the last week or so.

Received my evisa in an email Feb 3! So it took 9 days total. My timeline:
Jan. 26 started application
Jan. 28 got email stating "Photograph is not in compliance. Provide a new one, not selfie, white background, dimension 413x531 pixels" (it was a photo I took myself and sent to online service to make compliant")
Jan. 29 got a better photo taken at Staples "Passport Studio" and made sure they knew it was for Brazil EVisa because they have the proper specs for all countries.
Jan. 31 I checked online and saw the photo was accepted and my status was "Approved"
Feb. 3 - Received email with E-Visa attached.