Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

Has anyone actually gotten any response from Brazil evisa that your uploaded photos did make it even though we keep getting the error and can't save the new photos?

I applied for my and my husbands visa using the Brazil eVisa site and received notification the following day that our visa photos needed to be resubmitted (My husband's was blurry and mine had hair in my face). So we got new photo's done at CVS but when I tried to upload I kept getting the same error message everyone else has reported earlier in this thread. When I exit the Brazil evisa site and then go back into it I see the new photos on my application I'm not sure if the upload really worked or not since it won't let me save. 

I did speak with customer service a week ago and he took all the info and said he'd report it to the department that is reviewing the visa applications and not to worry since they know there are issues with the website. BUT I haven't heard back from them. The website also did not have our zipcode in the drop down so I provided him with our correct zipcode and asked that he request to have that updated too. 

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck. Our cruise is 4/10/2024 and we're flying in early so we won't need the visa when we enter the country but it's a TA ending in Lisbon and we're visiting 4 other ports in Brazil after the 10th.  Thanks, Jeanne

I am having the same issues with my husbands.  Sent new pictures two weeks ago.   Ages ago, I needed to resend two items.    I heard back the next day it was approved.   We leave tomorrow.   We don’t need the visas but since I paid, I want them!

2 hours ago, divenuts said:

Has anyone actually gotten any response from Brazil evisa that your uploaded photos did make it even though we keep getting the error and can't save the new photos?

I applied for my and my husbands visa using the Brazil eVisa site and received notification the following day that our visa photos needed to be resubmitted (My husband's was blurry and mine had hair in my face). So we got new photo's done at CVS but when I tried to upload I kept getting the same error message everyone else has reported earlier in this thread. When I exit the Brazil evisa site and then go back into it I see the new photos on my application I'm not sure if the upload really worked or not since it won't let me save. 

I did speak with customer service a week ago and he took all the info and said he'd report it to the department that is reviewing the visa applications and not to worry since they know there are issues with the website. BUT I haven't heard back from them. The website also did not have our zipcode in the drop down so I provided him with our correct zipcode and asked that he request to have that updated too. 

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck. Our cruise is 4/10/2024 and we're flying in early so we won't need the visa when we enter the country but it's a TA ending in Lisbon and we're visiting 4 other ports in Brazil after the 10th.  Thanks, Jeanne

If you have a twitter account, you can contact them going that route. They do respond but sometimes a couple of days later. I havent a clue what this process involves. I was hoping to have a simple formula for others to go by when my visas were in hand but it seems that there is no method to the madness

Edited by tottenhamfc

I have probably uploaded 3-4 different pictures at this point. All rejected. They respond to me quickly every day with useless inconsistent generic messages "upload 2x2" "no selfie" "white background" "no glasses" "413x531 pixels"............

Uploading replacement documents is also very stupid and non-intuitive. You cannot simply replace or delete and re-upload.  If you do that, the form never lets you save and resubmits it for re-review. I have now just started putting my "new" replacement photos in the "Other Uploads" section at the bottom which will then allow me to re-save.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I have probably uploaded 3-4 different pictures at this point. All rejected. They respond to me quickly every day with useless inconsistent generic messages "upload 2x2" "no selfie" "white background" "no glasses" "413x531 pixels"............

Uploading replacement documents is also very stupid and non-intuitive. You cannot simply replace or delete and re-upload.  If you do that, the form never lets you save and resubmits it for re-review. I have now just started putting my "new" replacement photos in the "Other Uploads" section at the bottom which will then allow me to re-save.

Hopefully they are bright enough to look there. TBH I have never had to apply for any visa so not sure if this is normal. Aside from website glitches the photo requirements are a common request based on discussions with other sites. 

Edited by tottenhamfc

2 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

They do look there, I just put a new one there yesterday and had my rejection this morning.

just figured it out. So thank you for this tip. I'll try it.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 9:20 PM, tiki_g1000 said:

I have uploaded the digital photo Walgreen's sent to me. It uploads, but I can't save and continue.  I asked for my money back from VFS  but they told me no refunds. If we don't get the visa,  I guess we'll have to contest payment with our credit card.

Make sure the file is < 1 MB. Our original from FedEx had to be resized.

5 hours ago, SophieM said:

Make sure the file is < 1 MB. Our original from FedEx had to be resized.

Will that still allow photo to upload but not "Save and Continue"? I can see that it appears to have uploaded.

After 29 days of hassle my application went into "Under Check" status (which means it has left the contractor and is now  in the hands of the Brazilian government) and has been in that status for a week.  My wife's application went into that status today after 36 days of hassle..

16 minutes ago, norway olin said:

After 29 days of hassle my application went into "Under Check" status (which means it has left the contractor and is now  in the hands of the Brazilian government) and has been in that status for a week.  My wife's application went into that status today after 36 days of hassle..

Edited by tottenhamfc

On 1/25/2024 at 9:29 AM, compozer said:

I am having the same issues with my husbands.  Sent new pictures two weeks ago.   Ages ago, I needed to resend two items.    I heard back the next day it was approved.   We leave tomorrow.   We don’t need the visas but since I paid, I want them!

Did you resend the new photos when then requested them?  Or did they approve the visa without sending in the new photos?  I can't "Save and Continue" so I'm just waiting it out and hoping my visa will actually be processed.

On 1/25/2024 at 9:36 AM, pghflyer said:

Thank you, it worked!  I was now able to "Save and Continue" by uploading the photo to the "Other Uploads" section.   My status now shows pending document uploaded.  Who would have ever thought?  Why don't they tell you to do this?

Edited by tiki_g1000

11 minutes ago, tiki_g1000 said:

Why don't they tell you to do this?

Because they have one of the worst systems in existence and their job is to put as many obstacles in the way as possible?

• Like 1

I uploaded our photos in the 'other documents section in addition to uploading them in the visa photo section as suggested and was able to save. So keeping fingers crossed they'll accept these. My other issue is that our zip code is not in the drop down list of zip codes, we live in Dunedin, FL near Clearwater. I noticed there are no Clearwater, FL (popular FL destination) zip codes either so this is another issue with their site. They should allow you to enter the zip code instead of having a drop down to choose. I recently got a Visa for Turkey and Egypt (November 2023)  and had no issues with either of their eVisa sites, had our eVisas within 24 hours. Our cruise is not until April 10 and we fly in on the 9th so I won't need the visa for us to get into the country I only want to make sure we aren't denied boarding the ship. We're on a transatlantic cruise and if I needed to stay on the ship at the ports in Brazil I'll live with that. We visit 4 ports with the final being on 4/15, I only wish Brazil would have moved this date a week out in the future. 🙂

Edited by divenuts

8 minutes ago, divenuts said:

I uploaded our photos in the 'other documents section in addition to uploading them in the visa photo section as suggested and was able to save. So keeping fingers crossed they'll accept these. My other issue is that our zip code is not in the drop down list of zip codes, we live in Dunedin, FL near Clearwater. I noticed there are no Clearwater, FL (popular FL destination) zip codes either so this is another issue with their site. They should allow you to enter the zip code instead of having a drop down to choose. I recently got a Visa for Turkey and Egypt (November 2023)  and had no issues with either of their eVisa sites, had our eVisas within 24 hours. Our cruise is not until April 10 and we fly in on the 9th so I won't need the visa for us to get into the country I only want to make sure we aren't denied boarding the ship. We're on a transatlantic cruise and if I needed to stay on the ship at the ports in Brazil I'll live with that. We visit 4 ports with the final being on 4/15, I only wish Brazil would have moved this date a week out in the future. 🙂

Celebrity have stated no boarding without visa  if there is a Brazil port on your itinerary after April 9.

On 1/26/2024 at 3:30 PM, tottenhamfc said:

Celebrity have stated no boarding without visa  if there is a Brazil port on your itinerary after April 9.

Thanks for the info, I'm guessing it will be the same for NCL. I'm glad I applied for the visa early since I'm having issues. Better to have spent $160 for 2 visas and not need them then to be denied boarding.

Edited by divenuts

1 hour ago, divenuts said:

Thanks for the info, I'm guessing it will be the same for NCL. I'm glad I applied for the visa early since I'm having issues. Better to have spent $160 for 2 visas and not need them then to be denied boarding.

Sad thing is that there is no pattern. Once you have approval nobody knows how much time elapses before getting your visa. I have mine but my wife doesnt. Both were same timelines all the way through to approval and now nothing. 

Mine also says "approved."  So, what does that really mean?  Does it mean my visa has been approved or is it just moving on to the next step for review by Brazilian consulate?  I really don't need it since we're entering prior to April 10, but I figure I've gone through all the hassle and they won't refund the money, so I might as well complete it in case I want to go back in the next 10 years.

2 minutes ago, tiki_g1000 said:

Mine also says "approved."  So, what does that really mean?  Does it mean my visa has been approved or is it just moving on to the next step for review by Brazilian consulate?  I really don't need it since we're entering prior to April 10, but I figure I've gone through all the hassle and they won't refund the money, so I might as well complete it in case I want to go back in the next 10 years.

It means you are now in line waiting for the visa to be sent to you by email. Dont ask how long. There is no pattern to this stage it seems. 

Edited by tottenhamfc