Cancelling second leg of a B2B

Wedgeh

Hi all, wondering if your collective knowledge can save me some time on hold - I'd like to cancel the second leg of a back to back, but am concerned it might trigger a reprice of the first leg. The cruise price has increased sharply since I booked. If anyone has done something similar / knows how this works I'd appreciate the insight.

3 minutes ago, Wedgeh said:

Hi all, wondering if your collective knowledge can save me some time on hold - I'd like to cancel the second leg of a back to back, but am concerned it might trigger a reprice of the first leg. The cruise price has increased sharply since I booked. If anyone has done something similar / knows how this works I'd appreciate the insight.

Done that and never effected other leg. Your good

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wedgeh said:

It has no bearing ion the price of the first leg

1 hour ago, Wedgeh said:

Is the 2nd leg refundable or non? If non and before final for $100 can reschedule. Hopefully its refundable deposit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

There's no such thing as a B2B cruise in the reservation system. It's merely an onboard thing. 

You could have 100 cruises booked in a row, and the RC system sees them all as individual cruises.

While they are all individual reservations they can be "tagged" together and you actually see the grand total on your last invoice.  The next cruise agents on board like to do this and it creates nothing but issues later on for travel agents if they want to move bookings into a group or even getting "clean" invoices for each reservation.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While they are all individual reservations they can be "tagged" together and you actually see the grand total on your last invoice.  The next cruise agents on board like to do this and it creates nothing but issues later on for travel agents if they want to move bookings into a group or even getting "clean" invoices for each reservation.

Yes this is how my reservations are - I did it on the phone (not onboard) but they seem to be linked and I only had to pay a deposit for the first one hence my question

2 minutes ago, Wedgeh said:

Yes this is how my reservations are - I did it on the phone (not onboard) but they seem to be linked and I only had to pay a deposit for the first one hence my question

Deposit requirements should not change.  A separate deposit is still required for each sailing.

4 hours ago, Wedgeh said:

They are two separate cruises.  Royal does not sell b2b's.

On 10/5/2023 at 3:52 PM, Wedgeh said:

Hiya, im curious about what happened. Did you cancel the second cruise and did they charge you anything?

I have booked a B2B cruise while onboard a ship about 18months ago. They only took a deposit and applied it to cruise 1. Cruise 1 has been fully paid now.

Cruise 2 the whole amount is outstanding and nothing has been paid towards it (online and the app and the invoice I have received as a reminder shows nothing has been paid yet). Do I just ignore it and let it auto cancel after final payment date (next week) or do I need to tell them? I don't want to be on the hook for paying a deposit amount to cancel cruise 2 when I have not paid anything towards it. 

Also UK based. 

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

Hiya, im curious about what happened. Did you cancel the second cruise and did they charge you anything?

I have booked a B2B cruise while onboard a ship about 18months ago. They only took a deposit and applied it to cruise 1. Cruise 1 has been fully paid now.

Cruise 2 the whole amount is outstanding and nothing has been paid towards it (online and the app and the invoice I have received as a reminder shows nothing has been paid yet). Do I just ignore it and let it auto cancel after final payment date (next week) or do I need to tell them? I don't want to be on the hook for paying a deposit amount to cancel cruise 2 when I have not paid anything towards it. 

Also UK based. 

Thank you.

Do not assume anything.  Call and make sure that it is correctly taken care of.  Strange things happen when cruises are tagged together as B2B and I would not leave this in the hands if Royals IT department.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

Also UK based. 

Thank you.

I cancelled the second one without penalty - they did need to unlink them first and make a special note so make sure you call in the afternoon UK time when you tend to get the more experienced agents. We're now doing a quick trip from Miami to Fort Lauderdale for the second week so we get to do Oasis and the new Celebrity Ascent, very exciting!

Edited by Wedgeh

1 hour ago, Wedgeh said:

I cancelled the second one without penalty - they did need to unlink them first and make a special note so make sure you call in the afternoon UK time when you tend to get the more experienced agents. We're now doing a quick trip from Miami to Fort Lauderdale for the second week so we get to do Oasis and the new Celebrity Ascent, very exciting!

ok thank you and they never charged you or kept any money for the second cruise (even though you hadn’t paid anything towards it including no deposit). 

On 10/5/2023 at 2:25 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I've got confirmations from Next Cruise that have multiple cruises B2B.  I have no idea of the significance.

To update everyone.

I had booked 2 cruises B2B onboard a ship and the deposit was only taken for one of them. I have fully paid the cruise for the one I paid the deposit on and called to cancel the second cruise. They unlinked the cruises and confirmed no penalties or money due towards the second cruise.

UK booking/customer if that helps. 

• Like 1