Israel Next week Voyager

lux4me

I have no official information, but I would venture a good guess that the cruise on Oct 15 will be rerouted to embark in either Athens or Istanbul. Both are close by and have sufficient international air lift to accommodate rescheduled passengers. For those currently in Israel, if it were me, I would safely travel to Amman and wait there. It would be easy to get back into Israel if embarkation does occur in Haifa (unlikely) or fly to the alternate embarkation port.  Just IMO. 

My husband is putting bets (just kidding) on Athens as it is well-equipped to handle the situation.  It seems many, many other cruise lines are in the same boat (no pun intended.)  Our suitcases are packed and we are ready to launch.  Thanks for the observations … hope those already in Israel are able to join us … I am sure there will be stories abounding once we all get onboard.

1 hour ago, HotelSnob1 said:

United Airlines just cancelled our flight to Tel Aviv that was to leave from Newark on October 8.  We are in a holding pattern ti to see where the Voyager will let us embark. Ashod is close to the action of the moment. 
So far, Haifa us not, but who knows what will happen in northern Israel. Right now! we have no air to Israel.  I hope we can do this cruise.  Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, HotelSnob1 said:

I put my money on Athens.  I agree about Cyprus … hope we hear soon … we were shut out if Cuba, Nicaragua, Jerusalem (now twice) and Morocco on other Regent voyages due to politics, civil unrest, Covid 19, and now political unrest again.

Fingers crossed! 

I booked a couple nights in Athens hotel just in case they change it.  Not sure how regent is going to handle the air changes and the pre cruise.  Hope we keep our Wednesday departure to Paris probably stay a night there. tough on regent trying to sort all this out on short notices. 

1 hour ago, mrstanley said:

How are passengers who are already in Israel supposed to get to a different port…

Athens or perhaps Istanbul if there are no flights from Israel to these other countries?

There will be evacuation flights el Al has been adding flights out.  Similar to Covid the embassy will also arrange evacuation flights.

I am currently on the Voyager and we have no word as of yet, I am also a Travel Advisor so I am sure as soon as something is announced we will receive a written confirmation via email from headquarters. 
This will be a big job as all the air tickets in/ out of Tel Aviv will need to be changed and also pre and post stays. 
Regent will keep all of us safe. I will let you all know should I hear anything sooner than you onboard. 
If they make these changes and your air is booked through Regent they will make changes if you booked your air yourself then airlines have such waivers that allow changes …. I’m hoping everyone has travel insurance if some sort. 

Edited by SarahV2023
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I feel very badly for the passengers involved with this, on the ship now as well as preparing to board on the 14th. Until Regent announces its revised plan, we're all just guessing.

It's very safe to say the Voyager will not be stopping in Israel. Passengers will have to get on and off the ship at another port a safe distance away. The country is at war. There will not be any tourism happening. I would also be concerned about the next two stops which are in Egypt. I don't think it's safe for Americans to be there at this time. A cruise ship with well to do Americans on board is too inviting a target.

A revised itinerary is likely to include Greece and Italy. That may be fine for some passengers. For now I would completely avoid any ports in the Middle East.

Tom

• Like 4

Thank you both for posting, especially updates from those onboard at the moment. I agree on Italy/Greece - they are the likely scenarios … as for going to Egypt … hmmm … probably not such a good idea either … unfortunately … as this is why we booked this cruise … we have been to most of these ports already on previous RSSC cruises.  Thanks for keeping us posted and enjoy your time onboard right now.👍👍

• Like 1

Everyone onboard is patiently waiting … 

it seams to be a very calm subject at the moment I’m sure not so much behind the scenes. 
I do know there was an Oceania ship in port at the time of the events and they called all passengers onboard immediately. I’m not sure if it left port or not. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, SarahV2023 said:

Everyone onboard is patiently waiting … 

it seams to be a very calm subject at the moment I’m sure not so much behind the scenes. 
I do know there was an Oceania ship in port at the time of the events and they called all passengers onboard immediately. I’m not sure if it left port or not. 

Yes, the Oceania Nautica has left port in Israel safely. We are booked on a similar itinerary next year and in general are heartbroken by the entire situation.

Yes, calm is a good thing at this point.  I am sure that RSSC is working hard behind the scenes to get some answers for those of us waiting to board (somewhere on the 15th).  Flights from the US east coast are filling up that go to the Med ports. 
Grateful for your insight from the Voyager, really appreciate it!

👍👍👍

"Hang in there" email just received:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING UPCOMING

CALLS TO ISRAEL ON SEVEN SEAS VOYAGER® 

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner,

We have been closely following the tragic events in Israel and with utmost concern for the safety and security of our guests and crew we are reviewing Seven Seas Voyager’s scheduled visits to Haifa on Oct 14 and 15, and Ashdod on October 16 and 17.

Our operational teams are currently working hard to assess the situation and potential alternative ports of call if required.

Any impacts to the cruise itinerary, flights as well as any pre-cruise land programs will be advised to guests as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in this fluid situation.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:

• United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123
United Kingdom: 023 8082 1390

• Rest of Europe: +44 23 8082 1350
• Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200
• Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

Please note that this email address does not accept replies.