Nautica leaving Israel early

shepherd really

22 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Title pretty much says it.  Hopefully all passengers return safely to the ship from their excursions.  In case anyone wonders why, it's in all the papers.

What days and arrival/departure times were scheduled there?
Any other Oceania ships scheduled to arrive in the relatively near future?

Horrific!

GC

• Like 1

Looks like both Riviera and Sirena are scheduled in the vicinity in November. If you assume Turkey and Greece are also a consideration, then there are half a dozen cruises affected (besides Nautica).

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

If you assume Turkey and Greece are also a consideration,

There's no reason to think they would be. Those other countries have not been involved, or at risk, in previous escalations of the conflict. 

It's obviously a commonsense move for the ship to depart early and let's hope that no-one has been hurt if they were on excursions. 

It already looks as though this will follow the usual pattern of the conflict over the decades. On this occasion, an incursion into Israeli by resistance fighters from the Gaza enclave, followed by air strikes by the Israeli airforce

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, roscoff said:
1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

Horrific!

GC

Expand  

We are due there on 17th of this month on Sirena, just waiting to see what’s going to happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Horrific!

GC

We depart from Rome on the 17th, and are scheduled to stop in Ashdod and Haifa early November.  I keep checking my e-mail for a change in itinerary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roscoff said:

That’s what I’m thinking, such a shame, it was the main reason for choosing this cruise.

I had two Nile cruises canceled at the last minute due to unrest in the area; I finally gave up years ago.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

The Boss said Nautica has left Israel all safe..

Jancruz1

Wonderful news.   So hard when planning a cruise to know if you will be able to stop at all the ports you signed up for..Everyone stay safe.  

• Like 1

Nautica was there in Haifa, supposed to head to Ashdod tomorrow from Haifa, but not..... We're on her next so watching her closely. Next stop is Limassol, not sure if they are doing a sea day on the way there or what yet...

DanceMomma - Hope to meet you on board!

Edited by nparmelee
  • Like 1

Aloha. Have been blessed to visit the region on land tours and sea tours.  Also Africa and other regions which have political and safety issues. Given that since the 1970s I do feel somewhat safer by sea. If there is a safety concern the ship can change itineraries and/or leave early. If one is on land, options are more limited.  Praying or everyone’s safety.

• Like 3

It looked like Nautica left Haifa on schedule yesterday, or pretty close to scheduled time. Things had not gotten serious further north yet by then. Today looks to have been a sea day as they are coasting around just south of Limassol. I would imagine any tour operators (private or O booked) would have gotten pax back to the ship as soon as they possibly could yesterday as they would be monitoring the news. At some point we will hopefully hear from someone currently on board. Those of us getting on board on the 17th may be able to learn something when we get there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Acrusa said:

It would be interesting to know how the passenger's who took independent tours where notified if the ship had to depart before its scheduled time.

Maybe the private guide  have contact with port agents  & might be notified to get  the guest back to the ship??

It will be interesting to see what those on private tours  did